Survivor of Remus
# 1 Do transwarp cool downs stack?
08-02-2013, 11:14 AM
I am thinking about picking up a new fleet warp core and a console and both the ones I am considering have a 50% reduction to the transwarp cooldown.

Before I spend the credits and dilithium on both, will I get more than a 50% cool down reduction if I have two devices that offer a transwarp cool down?

I will get something different if the best I can hope for is a 50% reduction.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-04-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm afraid that depends on the items in question. Some do stack, others conflict. I know the transwarp astrometrics doff conflicts with the cooldown of the tal shiar warp core - but (I believe) doesn't conflict with the fleet warp cores.

So, hard to know without knowing what the two items are
Empire Veteran
# 3
08-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Keep in mind that for some reason the transwarp CD reductions are often times a tad confusing.

For example, it might say it reduces the cooldown by 100%. In most other cases that would mean a cooldown would be totally eliminated.

In the case of transwarps however, it does reduce the CD, but to allow you to use it 100% more OFTEN is really what it means. So it would be an actual reduction of 50%, so the base CD of 15 minutes would be reduced to 7 and a half minutes.

So your 50% cooldowns wouldn't be reducing it by half both times, but more about 25% each.

Heck, I'm not even sure I'm right.

Why are all of STO's EPs named 'Steve'?
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Keep in mind that for some reason the transwarp CD reductions are often times a tad confusing.

For example, it might say it reduces the cooldown by 100%. In most other cases that would mean a cooldown would be totally eliminated.

In the case of transwarps however, it does reduce the CD, but to allow you to use it 100% more OFTEN is really what it means. So it would be an actual reduction of 50%, so the base CD of 15 minutes would be reduced to 7 and a half minutes.

So your 50% cooldowns wouldn't be reducing it by half both times, but more about 25% each.

Heck, I'm not even sure I'm right.
Haha yes, in fact it gets even more complicated because they've recently been renaming stuff to try and make it more comprehensible.

What is had always done is increase the rate of cooldown, rather than reduce the cooldown itself. If it has 100% transwarp reduction, the transwarp cooldown speeds up and ends up finished in half the time it normally would.

If the base cooldown is 12 minutes, 100% transwarp reduction doubles the speed of that cooldown, halving the duration to 6 minutes.

A really stupid way to do it, but that's how it was done.