Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Empire Veteran
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 107
# 21
07-31-2013, 01:37 PM
We don't have much but what we have is the best. Our vet costume pieces blow rom and especially fed out of the water. Honor guard costume also can't be beat.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 582
# 22
08-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Roms also have exactly three races to create uniforms for, not eight (including Trill and Alien). And unlike the Federation, the KDF races tend to have unique uniform pieces designed specifically for that race.

I'm not suggesting that KDF shouldn't get more clothing options. I am pointing out that it's going to be more time-consuming to create options that universally fit all of them. That means more development time, which means harder to get and keep on the schedule.

Part of the reason why the Roms got priority for costuming this time around has to do with the storyline.

Roms start out with a choice of "starter" outfits meant to portray them as colonists and outcasts.

They get access to a Romulan Republic uniform once they join up.

They get access to a Tal Shiar uniform when they infiltrate the Tal Shiar.

They get a Romulan uniform variant that's meant to distinguish the difference between the Fed-allied and KDF-allied Romulans.

And of course there are the uniforms you can only get with cash.

The way to get more KDF costume options is not to demand costumes. The way to get more KDF costume options is to ask for new content where new costumes make sense.

A Gorn-inspired FE might very well call for Gorn-inspired costumes. An Orion-inspired FE might call for more Orion costume options. Costumes based on the furry Rura Penthe outfits might actually get somewhere if you request them for missions in cold-weather environments (Winter event.. hint, hint).
I see what you mean. Sorry for the inconvenience... I think I was getting too much in the head seeing more C-Store Rom Costumes At First, That's All. I know "demanding" doesn't work... and TBH... I think I just need to cool down. I have to look at where the stuff could fit in, before I just demand my way to hope for it. In fact, I might make a new post to ask about the Gorn Featured Episodes In Them Selves.... Maybe Even Get Ideas For You To Use. Then, hopefully that will transpire into costumes... etc etc... and I think it will go well. And by another thing, maybe you don't mind getting KDF some "Yesterday's Enterprise Variant"? Because... it really does not go well with KDF.
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 80
# 23
08-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Another great thing is giving Feds what used to be klingon exclusive items like the Plasmonic Leech. Used to be you want it roll a kdf now its just completely stupid because as a fed all you have to do is go to the exchange and pay less then 2 million ec and you have a Plasmonic Leech where as kdf still have to pay 1k zen for it.

But hey at least we got Ionized Gas Sensor console because we all wanted that right......

Its too late now to remove it from the feds but why not let kdf players buy leech for ec as well.

By ignoring the kdf side of the game they are ruining the game people love to use the excuse "well you don't get c store ships because they don't sell well" yea that true because there are alot less kdf players and the more you decide to ignore them the number will countinue to decrease due to people quitting or changing to fed.

At this point i refuse to give any of my money to Perfect World in the past i have and would love to continue to support this game but the lack of support for kdf means that i won't. (Yes we did get a 1-20 experience in LOR but so what starting out at level 20 was a cheese shortcut on there part for too long)

After reading the article about the kdf timeline i am surprised that anyone who played the game at launch as a Klingon would still be around.

After listening to a couple podcast with devs it seems the attitude is pretty much only 16% of the playerbase plays on the kdf side so we don't really care about them if they want better gameplay they need to reroll fed.

Last edited by darkdog13; 08-04-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,540
# 24
08-05-2013, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdog13 View Post
Another great thing is giving Feds what used to be klingon exclusive items like the Plasmonic Leech. Used to be you want it roll a kdf now its just completely stupid because as a fed all you have to do is go to the exchange and pay less then 2 million ec and you have a Plasmonic Leech where as kdf still have to pay 1k zen for it.
For the record they said they would give them to the Feds eventually.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 80
# 25
08-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
For the record they said they would give them to the Feds eventually.
At this point i don't really care much that the feds have leech as well the real problem is the cost difference.
As a fed you simply walk to the exchange and put down 2 million or less ec and you have it (2 mil ec is nothing i made almost 5 million leveling a klingon back when it was 20-50 just by selling mission drops)
But as a kdf you still have to go out and buy a Vandal Destroyer for 1k zen or about 100k dilithium (which is a great exchange rate atm)

So instead of taking a kdf excursive and making it say a rare item for feds now every single fed can have one because its pretty much free for them.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 582
# 26
08-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Everyone calm down... please... as the administrator said, try not to command, try to show how you would like things changed and how it will fit/why should they do it.
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,630
# 27
08-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdog13 View Post
At this point i don't really care much that the feds have leech as well the real problem is the cost difference.
As a fed you simply walk to the exchange and put down 2 million or less ec and you have it (2 mil ec is nothing i made almost 5 million leveling a klingon back when it was 20-50 just by selling mission drops)
But as a kdf you still have to go out and buy a Vandal Destroyer for 1k zen or about 100k dilithium (which is a great exchange rate atm)

So instead of taking a kdf excursive and making it say a rare item for feds now every single fed can have one because its pretty much free for them.
Ahh but as a KDF you only pay for the ship once and can get as many consoles as you want on each KDF character afterwards free of charge. After discharging the ship you can claim another and it comes with all standard equipment including the console. So you can have 1 console on each of your ships on each character. Feds have to pay MILLIONS to do that on multiple characters, or even just 1.

And it isn't that hard to make 1k zen. Heck I had 1100 yesterday and bought the 900 zen respec bundle for 1 character so I could respec his skills, traits, and reputation abilities. Only took me a few days to get. Now he doesn't suck.

And recently I had 2500 zen like a couple weeks ago. Across multiple characters trading dil for it, it only took me about a week and a half to get. (And a few days ago I bought $40 in zen cards at game stop)

Last edited by monkeybone13; 08-05-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 80
# 28
08-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
Ahh but as a KDF you only pay for the ship once and can get as many consoles as you want on each KDF character afterwards free of charge. After discharging the ship you can claim another and it comes with all standard equipment including the console. So you can have 1 console on each of your ships on each character. Feds have to pay MILLIONS to do that on multiple characters, or even just 1.

And it isn't that hard to make 1k zen. Heck I had 1100 yesterday and bought the 900 zen respec bundle for 1 character so I could respec his skills, traits, and reputation abilities. Only took me a few days to get. Now he doesn't suck.

And recently I had 2500 zen like a couple weeks ago. Across multiple characters trading dil for it, it only took me about a week and a half to get. (And a few days ago I bought $40 in zen cards at game stop)
The problem is zen is a restricted in how much you can get in a certain time to make 1k zen its takes 13 days and even if you have to only grind a hour a day its still 13 days to convert it.
Where as Ec is an unlimited resource that you can make 1 million per hour easy.

If you wanted to compare the ec cost of fed vs kdf leech by converting master keys into ec your talking you would have to buy 8 fed leech consoles before you broke even with kdf.

Let alone the slap in the face it is to kdf who had to buy the leech for zen in the past.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:01 PM.