Starfleet Veteran
PWE, Cryptic, Salutations.

This is the un-official official thread on all things Xindi.

Posting it here clearly has the intent of it supplementing future content.
I obviously am inclined to the Aquatics, but I will do my very best on trying to accommodate all the Xindi.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
As for ship designs, they need to have more or less the original essence, without being exactly the same. That way, we know they are Xindi (very much like we can see a Star Fleet ship and know it is a Star Fleet ship).

LINK OF THE SHIPS: All xindi ships. Please take an extra look at the Aquatic ship

I would LOVE an FE, where we see the Xindi joining the Federation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post

How about this for us TNG fans:

Picard and crew (Most voiced) encounter a life form. This space-bearing lifeforms has a wormhole , inside it , providing all its needs (for energy so forth). The Enterprise gets sucked in.

Back in 2409, while exploring, you encounter the same life form. Trying to escape , you issue warp speed, which bends and stretches the wormhole , increasing your speed so much so you go back in time.

You meet Picard + crew in the wormhole. Suddenly you see yourself, outside the home-world of the Aquatics.

The Tholians have been relentlessly attacking them for [insert interesting idea here], and they pleaded to a wandering life form to send for help.

You decide to help the Aquatics (joined by the other Xindi) to stop the Tholians.

It is with your help that the Xindi succeed.

The Xindi then thank you, and after discussing with them, they decide to join the Federation.

One problem remains.

How do you get back.

Problem is, according to Data and Beverly crusher, you did hurt the life form by stretching the wormhole.

Working out a way for the life form to do it manually without hurting itself. You tell it to the life form, and tell it where to be and at what time, and what it needs to do.

Back to the future, the life form sucks you in, but this time does the corrections , sending you back in time.

A moment later, you re-appear again!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So they are part of the Federation. And , admit it, we want to have playable Xindi.

Possible way to do it:

Xindi Pack 1

Allows for a Xindi-Aquatic species , and features the T1 and T5 equivalent ship.

Then Pack 2 would be a different Xindi etc etc etc.

Stick a $30 price tag, Cryptic; you have a seller.
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...

Last edited by jumpingjs; 11-22-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Lieutenant
# 2
08-05-2013, 12:08 PM
It would make sense for the Xindi to join the Federation, or at least members of the xindi race, seeing as the Enterprise J I believe had Xindi crewmen aboard. I'd love the wee some episodes, ships, weapons, and a new sector of space. Perhaps a flashback episode where you have to go back and stop the weapon, many ideas.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorsmoker420 View Post
It would make sense for the Xindi to join the Federation, or at least members of the xindi race, seeing as the Enterprise J I believe had Xindi crewmen aboard. I'd love the wee some episodes, ships, weapons, and a new sector of space. Perhaps a flashback episode where you have to go back and stop the weapon, many ideas.
That is the spirit! I think your ideas are good!

They are an interesting race, something that I think will give STO a more sci-fi feel for the Sci-Fi fans

(As opposed to just Star Trek).

How to make Xindi Aquatics playable:

If they are on non deep water terrans (so basically nearly everywhere) they use special EV suits.

When they are in their ship or on a water planet, they can move up and down like a ship could, because ... they are like fish! (And no ev suit needed)
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

Last edited by jumpingjs; 08-05-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Captain
# 4
08-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Curious, i would like a new playable species with something new about them , each race had different 'traits' so it would work gameplay wise

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Captain
# 5
08-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Your thread title makes no sense. Please change it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
08-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyalmeida2 View Post
Your thread title makes no sense. Please change it.
How, why and what to?

This thread is for everything future xindi content related.

Captain
# 7
08-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post
How, why and what to?

This thread is for everything future xindi content related.
How can something be unofficial and official at the same time. You made the thread so it has to be unofficial.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyalmeida2 View Post
How can something be unofficial and official at the same time. You made the thread so it has to be unofficial.
Think about it.

It is thE thread for Xindi, which would make it THe thread to visit, like the official convention is THE convention to go to.

Since I am not a Cereal based lifeform, or work for PWE, it cannot be officially official.

If you do not get it, move on ... it was designed as a clever remark.

Rihannsu
# 9
08-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Um... aren't Aquatics the size of small whales?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 10
08-05-2013, 05:02 PM
I do not see the Xindi-Aquatics being introduced into the game. Not only are they waterborne lifeforms (and thus impractical to use as player characters and bridge officers), but their ships are truly gargantuan. The Aquatic cruiser is at least 1800 meters in length, whereas the Sovereign, Odyssey, and other ships of similar size are around 1000 meters in length. The Aquatic cruiser is also probably as 'wide' as a Scimitar. It wouldn't work in this game, they'd have to downsize it considerably. . .and it wouldn't feel the same. The way the ships handle would be entirely different as well, probably featuring the worst inertia and turnrate in the game, and it'd have to go quite low to get to that point.

However. . .I can see potential for the other Xindi races. Xindi-Primate and Xindi-Arboreal could be Federation bridge officers (or even player characters), while the Xindi-Reptilians and Xindi-Insectoids could be KDF-side. Ships from each sub-species could be featured. . .I'd love to fly a Reptilian ship, for example.
tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp