Lt. Commander
# 71
07-31-2013, 08:23 AM
When I get home tonight or tomorrow I will absolutely review yours. But I am working at the moment unfortunately. I published my first mission late last night. I don't have the code thing right now but the name is "Uprising: Act I - Off The Grid". Hope everyone enjoys it.

"The time has come to see the world as it is." - Captain James T. Kirk
Twitter - @SeanDVargo
Ensign
Mission #1: "Star Trek: Saturn: Ep. I (Intro)"
Mission #2: "Star Trek: Saturn: Ep. II"

Handle: @alysvanya
Career Officer
# 73
08-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Collectivness strikes gold by @stoutes

This was an really technically sound and creatively designed mission. There was a lot of stuff going on in all the maps and the maps themselves looked really nice. The mission itself is quite straight forward, and in my opinion a little bit too straight forward. I felt like I was being bossed around "go here kill that, now go here press that button". In the end that's how the game works, but through some more experience you'll be able to make it a bit more streamlined. I was debating what rating to give but ended up with a 4 because of that.

Here's some more specific things I noticed (its not much, overall it was very well done and polished)

I had a hard time finding the start spot (don't know where the subspace array was).

Noticed you didn't capitalize "i" in some places. I like to type my mission dialogue into a word processor to help me clean up any typos and spelling mistakes

Map - Borg Research Vessel - super cool effects I really liked it.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Survivor of Romulus
# 74
08-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Thank you for the great review!
While i'm no native english speaker, i will take your advice to heart and update capitalizations in all dialog boxes.

After i am done with part II, i'll go and update this mission a bit (startpoint, dialogs, general "smoothness" of said gameplay).

By the way, have you found my easter egg (not really an easter egg, but still funny) in the Research Vessel map? Those borg behind the forcefield got their designation matrix a bit screwed up .

Oh, and if you are curious for part II already, i got it temporarily published yesterday so a friend of mine could check all the dialogs for grammer and general gameplay. You can find it (if i am correct) when you will search for stoutes as author. Let me know if you haven't found it, i will add the mission code later today.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Career Officer
# 75
08-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post

By the way, have you found my easter egg (not really an easter egg, but still funny) in the Research Vessel map? Those borg behind the forcefield got their designation matrix a bit screwed up .

The messed up drones? Yeah haha that gave me a good laugh!

Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
Commander
# 76
08-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Just played through Uprising Part 1 by maninblack017,
I loved the map design, especially the opening space map, and I thought the plot was interesting. Didn't notice any real SPG issues or errors on the map. Pirates were reused quite a bit though, kept thinking "Didn't I just kill you?". Would have liked a bit more detail on the villain - the mystery business is cool but he's looking a bit generic, despite the questions - I would have though tit would be to his advantage to elaborate. Looking forward to part 2 though!

& Rose Tinted Mirror (Fed 31+)
Commander
# 77
08-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Just replayed lincolninspace's A Time To Search. Issues I had before seem to be fixed. Very nice map designs with very good technical tricks. Could be a little messy from time to time but works so long as you go at a sensible speed. First one maybe a little too spartan though? (I say that a lot, more a problem with STO's massive room sizes of course). Plot was also cool, but there is the thing with emotional responses (would be nice to have a choice on those) and emotional boffs (confine emotion to NPCs and keep Boffs level headed?). But either way an awesome mission and well worth a play! Upped my rating to 5 stars.

& Rose Tinted Mirror (Fed 31+)
Career Officer
# 78
08-04-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm thinking of recreating this thread because its getting stagnant. I'll keep inviting ppl to post their missions when I see them in the mission database forum, but this way we'll have a new list and new people will be less intimidated. What do you guys think?

Survivor of Romulus
# 79
08-04-2013, 11:28 AM
I'll say; go for it, but it might be wise to do a backlink to this thread.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Lt. Commander
# 80
08-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisscience View Post
Just played through Uprising Part 1 by maninblack017,
I loved the map design, especially the opening space map, and I thought the plot was interesting. Didn't notice any real SPG issues or errors on the map. Pirates were reused quite a bit though, kept thinking "Didn't I just kill you?". Would have liked a bit more detail on the villain - the mystery business is cool but he's looking a bit generic, despite the questions - I would have though tit would be to his advantage to elaborate. Looking forward to part 2 though!
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, you're right about some of the characters repeating. I meant to address that but forgot to so I will look into fixing that.

As far as the lack of his plot being revealed, a lot of backstory and information on the villain will be revealed in the beginning of Part 2. However his plot will continue to unfold throughout the next part as the Federation races to figure out what he's up to along with the player.

Hope you'll enjoy part 2 which should be released later this month.

"The time has come to see the world as it is." - Captain James T. Kirk
Twitter - @SeanDVargo
Closed Thread