Lt. Commander
Could someone tell me where I can find WRITTEN information that explains how a Personal Critical Success duty officer mission works?

Example: You select a duty officer mission from your personal Duty officer tab. A few hours later the mission is completed and you have achieved a Critical Success that grants you a +25 buff in weapons accuracy as well as 125 dlithium.

All great and good however neither the word TEMPORARY BUFF nor any indications of TIME DURATION is even implied...

Someone new to the duty officer system could very well mistake these buffs as a PERMANENT addition to their character.

After all there is NOTHING to say otherwise.

The bottom line is where it is WRITTEN for ALL to see in game?

If it is a TEMPORARY BUFF would it not be better to Clearly state it and mention the time duration?
Empire Veteran
# 2
08-06-2013, 03:22 PM
But there is a timer... the space HUD with your ship (both normal space and Sector Space), above your hull/shield indicators. It's also the same place where any active powers (like Hazard Emitters) or passives like set bonuses show up.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
But there is a timer... the space HUD with your ship (both normal space and Sector Space), above your hull/shield indicators. It's also the same place where any active powers (like Hazard Emitters) or passives like set bonuses show up.
Thank you for showing me where to look.

I only wish the mission would have spelled it out in the first place.

We should count ourselves fortunate that Cryptic does not write cook books....

Rules of thumb:

When in doubt write it out.

Or

When writing your descriptions choose your words with more precision!