Lt. Commander
# 31
07-30-2013, 01:21 PM
maybe fixed, i do not experience a drop in power levels when im shot at
Career Officer
# 32
07-30-2013, 02:17 PM
...I didn't read every post - so I don't know if it has been said....but lately I've been considering the Romulan Prototype Engine. The flight speed and turnrate bonuses seem pretty solid - but the draw for me is the bonus to attack patterns seems good but I have not done any testing on it personally....

But as far as shields - I'm biased for the MACO because, correct me if I am wrong, the MACO reduces all energy damage by 10% (I can't remember)....plus I *think* the plasma resist on MACO is a little stronger than the Borg set.....but different strokes for different folks.....
Sound of Interstellar Space

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Captain
# 33
07-31-2013, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1derfull1 View Post
Is this true?I had no idea. I guess I could see that, though.
Not sure if it was on purpose, I wouldn't put it past Cryptic though. On the other hand, you can say the same of every captain/boff abilities, consoles, lockbox ships found in-game etc. It's not hard to think that fleet shields just happen to be useful in pvp. Imho, they were probably implemented with space fleet actions in mind (No win scenario, fleet defense...).
Reality is WAR.

| KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard |
Career Officer
# 34
08-03-2013, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvalle View Post
You are incorrect. Shield regen consoles are useless, regen was nerfed big time. the leech with 6 points into flow cap will give him much more shield power and passive regen anyways along with bonus to ALL other power levels...its worth taking that useless regen console off and replacing it with the leech.

Do not post if you have no clue what you are talking about, k?
Though your tone is a bit 'adversarial' (as the wormhole entities would tell Sisko), you are not wrong. Leech is vastly superior. In my >200 flow caps drain-boat Vesta, I'm looking at (near) 100% power levels, all the time.

And at full power across the entire board, everything changes! Your shields regen at an incredible rate; weapons drain is no longer an issue; you have insane engine performance (the least of which is not turn-rate); and with aux at 100%, even HE1 feels like Miracle Worker.
Empire Veteran
# 35
08-03-2013, 06:32 AM
IIRC the way passive shield regen works is you get a small amount of shield heal every 6 seconds, so its not really worth pursuing. Unless that changed
Captain
# 36
08-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankokuneko View Post
IIRC the way passive shield regen works is you get a small amount of shield heal every 6 seconds, so its not really worth pursuing. Unless that changed
Depends on how you set up your ship. I can push over 2k regen every facing every 6 seconds (which it actually tics every 3 at half the listed) but that is a build to make me giggle not to be taken seriously.

The regen console scales with your shield power boost to regen rates. Additionally I cannot think of a single ship of mine that doesn't run in excess of 100 shields to begin with not even counting warp cores.

If the tooltips worked a bit better I would encourage more people to actually do the math and then they may realize just how much passive shield regen they benefit from in say an average eSTF but oh well.
Get yer Fleet Gear here!
Military 5 / Engineering 4 / Science 4
Starbase 5 / Embassy 3 / Mine 3 / Spire 3
Diplomacy 3 / Recruit 3 / Trade 3 / Development 3 / Research 3 / Operations 3
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post16435781
Captain
# 37
08-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1derfull1 View Post

Is the 2pc bonus so OP that the sacrifice in the individual pieces are worth it?
Pretty much, yes.

Combine it with the Romulan shield absorption console and you won't need to bring any tanking powers to an ESTF other than tactical team.

To be honest the small skill bonuses like those given by a deflector are not worth much, unless you're really building around it.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Captain
# 38
08-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
Though your tone is a bit 'adversarial' (as the wormhole entities would tell Sisko), you are not wrong. Leech is vastly superior. In my >200 flow caps drain-boat Vesta, I'm looking at (near) 100% power levels, all the time.

And at full power across the entire board, everything changes! Your shields regen at an incredible rate; weapons drain is no longer an issue; you have insane engine performance (the least of which is not turn-rate); and with aux at 100%, even HE1 feels like Miracle Worker.
I didnt add any points to flow cap and the leech is far better simply for the fact it adds power to everything and not just shields or shield regen. On a beam boat it is a must have console with the craptastic energy drain from weapons alone, more power to engines, shields, and aux is the icing on the cake. But I have 2 sci console slots and have a regen console in one so regen is even better.

OT, I went with the elite fleet shields resiliant B version and love it. Using the MK XI assimilated deflector and engines.
Captain
# 39
08-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Ignore this post, already answered in thread. Thanks!
Starfleet Veteran
# 40
08-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
The MACO shield and leech are incompatible with each other. The Power Conduit Link that comes with the shield will override the power from Plasmodic leech, resulting in less of a power boost.
I'm glade you posted that! I've been using that combo on my KDF engineer and was wondering why it wasn't showing much of a power boost. Know I know why.