Lieutenant
# 131
08-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
Umm no. I can run one of my KDF toons with 20 marauding missions - all purples - even though I would have to check 6 sector blocks usually to get 20 - but the return on that could be as high as 50-60 CB!! That would work out to $2.5 million EC plus or 20k dilithium. Now most of the missions would be 45min to 2 hr - with some 8hrs. Now there would be some CD but i could go to other sectors and still find some more in a day than just those 20.

people use this to farm for massive amounts of EC - that is all

Sorry - KDF should not be used as a CB farming faction.

i am running all 6 of my KDF toons right now doing nothing but marauding and taking detailed notes of the results which I will supply to Fed players on the general section on Monday/Tuesday. Hopefully Cryptic will see that the KDF should no longer be a CB farming faction.

So SIX of your toons marauding for hours on end moving your characters from one zone to the next, waiting the required time for those doff missions to end anywhere from 45mins to 8 hours, using possibly hundreds of millions of EC worth of purple doffs for 6 charachter for 2.5mil ec or 20k dilithium? Its seems like you went to extreme lengths to try to prove your point and extreme lengths to try and toll the post with your chosen game play style rather than contribute in a meaningful way. You have got to find better use for your time if you think this is some sort of major income. If this is how you choose to play rather than running Estf missions on FOUR characters (32k dilithium) and multiple common, rare, and very rare loot drops which also equal millions of EC, or running foundry missions for equal amounts of ec and dilithium, that is your choice. Even though you go to great lengths to try and point out some sort of problem, I think the only problem here is your experiment fails miserably at trying to prove a point, if that point is about income potential.

I find it hard to believe that someone that would go to such extreme lengths to choose using contraband as their income, including buying all purple doffs to do so, is trying to destroy their own very acceptable play style. In all honesty I think you could make more by doing something else with your time, if you have gone to this extreme to generate this income and its playstyle, then I see no issue with it.

Again your post has nothing to do with the slaver pets and all of what to do with doffing and contraband. This post is about broken slaver pets.
Captain
# 132
08-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starakus View Post
So SIX of your toons marauding for hours on end moving your characters from one zone to the next, waiting the required time for those doff missions to end anywhere from 45mins to 8 hours, using possibly hundreds of millions of EC worth of purple doffs for 6 charachter for 2.5mil ec or 20k dilithium? Its seems like you went to extreme lengths to try to prove your point and extreme lengths to try and toll the post with your chosen game play style rather than contribute in a meaningful way. You have got to find better use for your time if you think this is some sort of major income. If this is how you choose to play rather than running Estf missions on FOUR characters (32k dilithium) and multiple common, rare, and very rare loot drops which also equal millions of EC, or running foundry missions for equal amounts of ec and dilithium, that is your choice. Even though you go to great lengths to try and point out some sort of problem, I think the only problem here is your experiment fails miserably at trying to prove a point, if that point is about income potential.

I find it hard to believe that someone that would go to such extreme lengths to choose using contraband as their income, including buying all purple doffs to do so, is trying to destroy their own very acceptable play style. In all honesty I think you could make more by doing something else with your time, if you have gone to this extreme to generate this income and its playstyle, then I see no issue with it.

Again your post has nothing to do with the slaver pets and all of what to do with doffing and contraband. This post is about broken slaver pets.
You are correct this is about the slavers - I will make separate post detailing the Contraband issue starting next week. And if you think that someone needs to spend hundreds of millions to get large rosters of purples you don`t know that much about doffing.
Career Officer
# 133 Fed/kdf CB from doffs
08-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Really From one char I get 50contraband from doff missions on both sides with all 12 of my chars
Lieutenant
# 134
08-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaintpol View Post
Really From one char I get 50contraband from doff missions on both sides with all 12 of my chars
I run 1 esft on each of my 42 federation characters too..

As a serious aside, with advanced Orion slavers in 6, 20 minutes sessions (borg red alert): 20min/4 (15 seconds per steal)=80 steals, x6 Orion Slavers= 480 steals, 2 success. The returns so far are any combination of (2)medical supplies, (1)provision.

Conclusion:
-No manner of loot drop adjustments will fix the fact that the success rate needs an increase.
-RNG is off, loot table is too big, or the way the loot table list is parsed is off as the same commodities/rewards show up entirely too often.
-although an attempt has been made at this, the quality of looted items does not reflect the quality of hanger pet.

I have seen little feeback in the last few days other than irrelevant play style. I am using my advanced Orion slavers at the appropriate level (35), I am not doing stf or even elite stf with these pets, normal missions, borg red alerts, and enemy instaces (even worse return), so far at this level they die easy, have a hard time avoiding warp core breaches, and loot poor commodities with little success.

*Edit
There is some leeway here, after thinking about it in a 20 minute session (if it even lasts the full 20 mins) your not CONSTANTLY fighting so there is a lot of math issues here, coupled with the fact that not all your pets are alive (the aforementioned hull weakness and susceptibility to warp core breaches). So yes the math is entirely inaccurate for sure. I still feel there is a quality imbalance in respect to level of loot and level of slaver and that perhaps there should be less and less common items on the table the higher the level of hanger pet as I suggested earlier in the thread. Perhaps the return on these is just not what most would expect in the cumulative time people use them. I guess more experimentation and feedback is needed.

Last edited by starakus; 08-07-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 135
08-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Slavers hardly ever steal.. even elite.. I can leave them on a borg cube for an hour and maybe a medical supply.. or provision.. they are terrible.

Damage.. terrible, stealing.. terrible, AI.. no better then before.. even with 4 stars..

There are those I've seen that say there is no issue.. but wow are they in denial.

They probably will never fix it (I know that they are not "broke" they just su.k), I will just leave them in my bank until.. perhaps.. things change

Mostly a KDF player
Fleet *Working as Intended. Not a slam, just a way of life... contact me in game for invite @emt27
Empire Veteran
# 136
08-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt27 View Post
Slavers hardly ever steal.. even elite.. I can leave them on a borg cube for an hour and maybe a medical supply.. or provision.. they are terrible.

Damage.. terrible, stealing.. terrible, AI.. no better then before.. even with 4 stars..

There are those I've seen that say there is no issue.. but wow are they in denial.

They probably will never fix it (I know that they are not "broke" they just su.k), I will just leave them in my bank until.. perhaps.. things change
They wonder why the players of their game don't believe what they are told by them

Vote with your wallet... is why I have so many toons in a holding pattern before purchasing any more elite hangars.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 08-07-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Career Officer
# 137
08-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt27 View Post
I tried out a pair of Advanced Slaver hangars a year ago... and they did virtually zero stealing then. In a week I got maybe five contraband.

I think the denial is from people who think slavers were ever worthwhile. Sorry.
Lieutenant
# 138
08-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I tried out a pair of Advanced Slaver hangars a year ago... and they did virtually zero stealing then. In a week I got maybe five contraband.

I think the denial is from people who think slavers were ever worthwhile. Sorry.
Not disputing your experience, but others are posting based on their experience. Which may be more recent and comparable.

And Devs have expressly stated that they have dramatically reduced (from 6 to 1) the quantity of contraband received when the proc occurs. This isn't a figment of imagination. It is a real and measurable decrease in output.
Empire Veteran
# 139
08-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulfrustriple View Post
Not disputing your experience, but others are posting based on their experience. Which may be more recent and comparable.

And Devs have expressly stated that they have dramatically reduced (from 6 to 1) the quantity of contraband received when the proc occurs. This isn't a figment of imagination. It is a real and measurable decrease in output.
Are you kidding?.. They use to steal ~5-12 contraband per stf... at least, and now you are lucky to get 2 worthless provisions in the same stf

Even if you didn't get anything a long time ago... in a place far far away... my question to you is are you happy with it.. better yet, spend the dilith and get the elite set and see if you are happy.. doubt you will be

Mostly a KDF player
Fleet *Working as Intended. Not a slam, just a way of life... contact me in game for invite @emt27
Survivor of Romulus
# 140
08-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
They are cutting back on CB for 2 reasons:

KDF players were making too much EC

There was to low a price on CB ($35k) meaning too many people were able to use it to turn into dilithium

This is all part of the plan to lower dilithium in game and lower EC - forcing players to buy more Zen.

It's all working as intended.
LOL. I love posts like this.

*pats the conspiracy nut on the head*