Captain
# 21
08-08-2013, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Have you considered that playing with friends for some people is about playing with friends and not against them? The advantage of playing with friends is that I know that I won't curse my own team at the end of the match; I think that often the more infuriating thing about one-sided PVP matches is the fact that the random guys on my own team are completely useless, not so much that the other side has superior coordination. (Though this has shifted a bit since S7, when the changing metagame widened the gap between full and partial premades considerably.)
Considered it... and hey your free to hang out in Opvp and try to find a team to play against all you want.

It seems obvious the TSI boys would rather pick on random pugs then mix themselves up and have some fun... thats cool man how ever you want to play the game. (I am bugging you here I'm not serious)

Honestly every one I have every played with... enjoys shooting at me now and then... perhaps its just me I must be really annoying. lol

I honestly can't think of anyone I have played with that I don't mind playing against now and then. Playing against people I normaly play with is more fun... and honestly more relaxing.

We ran some random build 5v5s tonight... they all went 15 14 or so give or take a couple kills... and I will say getting blown up by Dontdrunk or ZenithN or Truth when we are playing good quality pvp isn't hard to take.... I died more in one of the matches then I had all night... and I had more fun... go figure.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Rihannsu
# 22
08-08-2013, 06:02 AM
Interesting Concept. Though I do have to wonder why you decided to name it the Tyler Durden channel, and not.. well.. Fight Club?
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 23
08-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
Interesting Concept. Though I do have to wonder why you decided to name it the Tyler Durden channel, and not.. well.. Fight Club?
Channel squaters.
Captain
# 24
08-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:

Have you considered that playing with friends for some people is about playing with friends and not against them? The advantage of playing with friends is that I know that I won't curse my own team at the end of the match
i dunno... i seem to remember that i got cursed by you a lot
Quote:
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Empire Veteran
# 25
08-08-2013, 07:00 AM
So...further fragmentation of PvP players, and further decline of quality in the existing queues?

Boo.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 26
08-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
So...further fragmentation of PvP players, and further decline of quality in the existing queues?

Boo.
Neither.

Organized PvP has its place and shouldn't go anywhere... we are all in there... and no one is leaving.

Tyler Durden is a fight club... come and fight... get good matches...

Que up and pull in new players... Que up to get your dailies done... 15 14 matches take awhile.

Saying a PvE Style Match Creation channel for PvP is going to hurt it is just not true.

IF we do a good job getting people in... they will learn a ton in TD... they will still que.

I am in multiple STF channels and guess what I still pug STFs now and then.

I hope you join up naevius... trust me it won't kill the community ... it will make it stronger... much stronger.

Some of you remember the Lethal lottos.... imagine games like that any time you want them almost... you won't stop doing premade vs premade... or even quing up... but it will bring the community together.

I hope to see you in channel man... the more vet players we get championing the channel the better.

New players should be joining both Opvp and TD.
Commander
# 27
08-08-2013, 07:12 AM
I personally play arena, cnh and spend time in kerrat while wait. Lots of fun pvp in kerrat. Arena and cnh waiting time is alomst > 30 mins for days. Maybe cos of the vacations.
That's what's so great about HoBOs. We are not just 5 or 6 competent players, we are a fleet full of badass mother****ers that will PUNISH THE FEDs until their index fingers are worn to the bone from clicking the respawn button over and over! Q'pla!
Captain
# 28
08-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivantomdisplay View Post
I personally play arena, cnh and spend time in kerrat while wait. Lots of fun pvp in kerrat. Arena and cnh waiting time is alomst > 30 mins for days. Maybe cos of the vacations.
I have been puggin a bit myself lately... ya sometimes the ques are popping and the matches are great... but other times its a hot mess of mark farmers... afkers... role players... and premades that que up but for some reason refuse to fight each other in challange matches.

When the ques are at there worst... we can all be setting up matches... no fleets to play for no Super Egos to feed... just good mixed teams and the type of matches we live for.

We ran 3 or 4 matches like this today... and they where all great fun.

Hope to see you join up ivantom... you can help make some of those matches KickA.
Career Officer
# 29
08-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
or Suiciding... or you will be facing some premade to lame to bother using the games other chat channels to find matches that won't be extremely boring for all involved.
time.
If I had made a thread in the past to Q.Q about premades in the queues, I would have been laughed out of the forums.

I'm always looking to fight other teams, but they are not always on.

I never complained when TSI ran their full team in the queues, nor should you. It's part of the game, either find a team to queue with or take your chances.

Either way, it's a good initiative to take to organize people in this channel.

Nevertheless, people should learn to use OrganizedPvP to make teams to fight premades that are in the queues.

Anyhow, you don't know anything about the way our premade operates to make any statements like the ones you made. We make challenges all the time and have queued fights regularly. It's a little hard some of the time because most of the remaining premades are euros, and a lot of our players are guys who can't be on at the times they are on usually.

I'm not going to stop playing with my friends (nor bend them to the will of the lazy), because other people can't be arsed to use OPvP to make a team.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 30
08-08-2013, 07:53 AM
while i love this idea i do have my reservations and see it as others have stated, its such a shame the ingame chat channels dont allow "sub channels" to branch off of the main channels like how ventrillo or teamspeak do.

this would solve so many issues imo...
Quote:
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?