Ensign
# 401
08-01-2013, 03:42 AM
Okay, someone walk me through this crap. I'm getting so frustrated i can barely stand myself.

I downloaded both versions of the file after getting WineSkin.
When I followed the directions in the .zip file it says to "chose setup executable"
Now here's where I have my frustrations and problems.....WHERE THE FRACK IS THE EXECUTABLE?!?!?!?! I've searched everywhere on my comp and can't find it anywhere!!! I've been looking for the past hour and can't find it anywhere, I'm about ready to give up. I'm not used to a Mac so I'm proably just a moron and don't know what I'm doing.

Please help?
Career Officer
# 402
08-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
Its been stated that a mac version is coming in the end of this year. Lets cross our fingers.

Also, I have had some serious loading problems.. Going to ESD, New Romulus and so on is taking forever. i waited over 30 min just change map.

Will the new wrapper (1.6) work on Mac OS 10.7.5?
I hope they make a native Mac version... even if its Cider/Wine based I don't care... but something supported would be great.

I've never seen it take that long to change a map... no idea whats going on there.

OS X 10.8 has the best video drivers with the least issues, but technically it *should* run on 10.7.5 ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadrius View Post
Okay, someone walk me through this crap. I'm getting so frustrated i can barely stand myself.

I downloaded both versions of the file after getting WineSkin.
When I followed the directions in the .zip file it says to "chose setup executable"
Now here's where I have my frustrations and problems.....WHERE THE FRACK IS THE EXECUTABLE?!?!?!?! I've searched everywhere on my comp and can't find it anywhere!!! I've been looking for the past hour and can't find it anywhere, I'm about ready to give up. I'm not used to a Mac so I'm proably just a moron and don't know what I'm doing.

Please help?
The setup executable for STO is called setup.exe and is in the directory with all the STO install files. Where it is? I do not know, it depends where you downloaded the actual STO game from. This is a wrapper that runs the Windows version of the game, but there is no game actually inside of it... you have to install the game inside. You need to get the full game download, not the 1 single .exe file download that is just a downloader program... that one will not work. You need the huge download from torrent or other sites.

I asked a few times in the past to let them allow me to include the game in the app already and just distribute it that way, but they could not give me permission to for legal distribution reasons. If i did so, i doubt anyone would say anything since its not modifying the Windows version any... If they have a Mac version out in the next few months like some people have said, maybe it'll be easier in the future.
Republic Veteran
# 403
08-05-2013, 10:37 PM
So I am currently now running OS X 10.8.4 with the game fully patched, and I get stuck on the "Legacy of Romulus" screen. Any ideas? I normally play on my other machine, but it is having issues lately.

EDIT: Okay, finally got in, just took a while. Is this normal? Anyway though, thanks for all the work getting the mac to run STO

Last edited by roshido; 08-05-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Ensign
# 404
08-06-2013, 01:16 AM
I have installed STO on my Mac using the files at the beginning of the thread and an STO version from Fileplanet as I couldn't get Arc to install. It's all downloaded and the updates have installed but it is just getting stuck on the loading screen after I've logged in. Any ideas?
Career Officer
# 405
08-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshido View Post
So I am currently now running OS X 10.8.4 with the game fully patched, and I get stuck on the "Legacy of Romulus" screen. Any ideas? I normally play on my other machine, but it is having issues lately.

EDIT: Okay, finally got in, just took a while. Is this normal? Anyway though, thanks for all the work getting the mac to run STO
Quote:
Originally Posted by iantimmy123 View Post
I have installed STO on my Mac using the files at the beginning of the thread and an STO version from Fileplanet as I couldn't get Arc to install. It's all downloaded and the updates have installed but it is just getting stuck on the loading screen after I've logged in. Any ideas?
yes... anytime after a patch, it can be extremely slow on the loading screen... depending on your machine speed it can take 5 to 15 minutes to actually load in. Sometimes so long the session times out and you have to give STO your credentials again. This should only happen after a patch, not on every load. I wish i could do something about it...
Ensign
# 406 Unable to Engage the game
08-08-2013, 10:07 AM
when ever i open up the app it loads fine i log in i wait for it to check for patches then when it is finished i hit Engage and noting happens just a little dotted rectangle forms aroung the Engage button. Any suggestions? OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.4.
Career Officer
# 407
08-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Any idea why I get the cryptic crash screen about a 3rd of a time when moving maps? It just dies with no warning or lag or anything. This happens on both my imac (2013) and my macbook pro (2012). It seems to be a recent thing. it doesnt crash going into STF or anything, just when moving sectors.
Ensign
# 408
08-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenatl View Post
Any idea why I get the cryptic crash screen about a 3rd of a time when moving maps? It just dies with no warning or lag or anything. This happens on both my imac (2013) and my macbook pro (2012). It seems to be a recent thing. it doesnt crash going into STF or anything, just when moving sectors.

I experience the same thing. I suspect it's partially related to duty officers, especially if you talk to your department heads. Aside from that, I've got nothing.
Ensign
# 409 Need help!
08-18-2013, 08:15 AM
is there a way to reinstall the whole thing without going through a lengthy patching time?

I keep having errors. I get to play for a few days. But after some time it crashes. Then the launcher doesn't pop up at all. So I deleted the whole thing, reinstalled all the files. And now I'm going through patching up the game. Is there a way to circumvent that?

thanks!
Ensign
# 410
08-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmacintosh01 View Post
when ever i open up the app it loads fine i log in i wait for it to check for patches then when it is finished i hit Engage and noting happens just a little dotted rectangle forms aroung the Engage button. Any suggestions? OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.4.
Im having the same issue, but OSX 10.7.5... any suggestions?