Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 11
08-08-2013, 09:20 AM
That's what I don't understand. Maybe there are other avenues to communicate but why on earth aren't the forums or bug tickets the primary course? What good are the forums and bug tickets?

Please don't be rude. I simply had a question.
Community Moderator
# 12
08-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
That's what I don't understand. Maybe there are other avenues to communicate but why on earth aren't the forums or bug tickets the primary course? What good are the forums and bug tickets?

Please don't be rude. I simply had a question.
^ Man has a point. Two if you count the part about not being rude.

But I admit I didn't see where you were going with that until now, either.

And you're right, in a way.

Customer service tickets (not necessarily fire-and-forget bug reports) should be resolved in a way that the customer is happy ... or at least is made aware that CS has done everything in its' power to try to do that.

Realistically, though, what could they tell you? That they've referred your issue to an internal department, TYVM? In every organization I've ever been in, one of CS's jobs is to be a filter between the customer and the next highest support level. They don't normally pass you to an engineer, dev, or whatever because then you wind up with contact info for them and you (try to) bypass CS the next time.

Which is sort of what has happened with Twitter, apparently. I have no idea how they can keep up with that. And it has the disadvantage of no official record, if they're using private twitter accounts.

It would be nice if the forums were the right place for having actual conversations with the devs. Sometimes it works out that way. If this were a forum where professionals, customers, and hobbyists were asking and answering questions about the software, it would be fine. But we're fans and gamers and we don't always interact in a professional way, or limit ourselves to the topic at hand, or even ask politely in some cases.

With twitter, you can pick a random interesting tweet out of the stream and focus on it. You don't have to go looking for it... it finds you. The downside of that, of course, is that you don't pay attention to every single tweet and you probably don't prioritize them in any order except what catches your attention the most.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Empire Veteran
# 13
08-08-2013, 11:21 AM
See, I tried the whole "Twitter" thing. Now, I'll admit, I am not a big Twitter user (but I do have a feed on my cell phones home screen. Wil Wheaton posts A LOT!!!!)

I saw a tweet(?) from Branflakes state "Hi Captains! If you could add 1 patch note to a future set of #STO patch notes, what would it be? (e.g Q is now President of the Federation)"

Well, now, I just CAN'T resist a good set up like that......SOOOOOOO........in good ol', fun hearted Deadpool Gangnam style (look it up on youtube! Awesomeness in your monitor!!!!), I post:

PVP Season! That's right! After 3 years, we are finally getting around to PVP! (It was a slow day at the office)

I tell you......even the crickets ran for cover, and that bird was shot straight off the line....feathers everywhere and that tweet died without a whimper......

I seem to have that affect on things.....I show up, and things die......hmmmmm.....there is a lesson here.

/note to self: Don't leave the house or you will kill the world

Right. Got it OP.....stick to Twitter. Less expensive than plane tickets, and I still get to kill things.....
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=44137599000&dateline=  1341891117
Commander
# 14
08-08-2013, 11:22 AM
I got spoiled by Heretic's hands work creating the doff system. I know he wasn't perfect and I know he didn't do it all himself, but doffing was (in my opinion) the single best addition to the game since the start. It was also the most impressive display of dev and member interaction I've seen here. There was excellent communication from both sides and it seemed really productive. If not for doffing and a few people I'd have dumped this mess a long time ago.

If they applied a model of interaction like that to PvP, they could turn it into something really spectacular.
Career Officer
# 15 Wtf!!
08-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
I got spoiled by Heretic's hands work creating the doff system. I know he wasn't perfect and I know he didn't do it all himself, but doffing was (in my opinion) the single best addition to the game since the start. It was also the most impressive display of dev and member interaction I've seen here. There was excellent communication from both sides and it seemed really productive. If not for doffing and a few people I'd have dumped this mess a long time ago.

If they applied a model of interaction like that to PvP, they could turn it into something really spectacular.
Yah. I thought you were explicitly directed to GTFO?

"On a side note, GTFO."

Oh. THERE it is.

On a side note, doffing makes YOU sexy! It makes me retain water so I shun doffing, but it makes you absolutely SHINE!

Hold me later.

And the CS reps? Please that's sad. You can't even get a polite redirect to the forums where tecs/devs actually DO post. Anyone here happen to know where those forums are? I do.

NYAH NYAH!!

On the other side, I'm not sure who has and hasn't noticed, but at least one horrifying issue in PVP has been addressed. Sadly it was addressed in such a ham handed fashion that I'm longing for the 'good old days' but still, it was addressed!!

OHAY you guys have a great day happy flying and spamming or whatever it is you choose to do!!!

If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.