Empire Veteran
# 1 bound duty officers
11-15-2012, 05:00 AM
I have some blue and green doffs. They are bound to my character (the lock symbol). I wonder if it is possible to use them to get white doffs, or are they "till death do us apart" example?
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Career Officer
# 2
11-15-2012, 07:18 AM
That all depends on how you got the locked doffs. If they are from Lt. Ferra or the KDF equivalent then no, however if they are ones that are bound due to being assigned to ship or as the result of support missions etc. then they can be broken down into 3 of the next lower color.
Lieutenant
# 3
11-15-2012, 07:35 AM
you just need patience and you can get rid of them, 1 by 1.
See this category on wikia Category:Assignments rewarding duty officers for cultural exchange program assignments.(still need more content)
These assignments accepts bound doffs but when you plan assignments check the full list of doffs not the Recommandations.

this is your chance to get a not bound blue doff from a green bound doff similar to "Asylum"/"Sanctuary" mission when you have a good chance to obtain a blue doff from a green Refugee with at least one trait required
To get lower quality just use a bound doff with a red trait wich lowers the success chances .Even if you fail and lose a bound doff it's not a tragedy lol, the dismissing rewards have been nerfed so it's almost similar to losing the doff

good luck
"Every moment we live, we are moving through time." (Vosk, on the power of time travel, "Storm Front"- ENTERPRISE season 4 episode 1)

Last edited by criss11; 11-15-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Rihannsu
# 4
11-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Yeah, officer exchanges are good here, unless it's a civilian. Bound civilians are nearly impossible to get rid of except by dismissing them.

The only one I can think of is the changeling spy mission.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-16-2012, 01:36 AM
just found out that if they are bound then they can't be used for officer exchange missions (Feresan, Cardassian etc) or for reassignments.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Lieutenant
# 6
08-08-2013, 02:45 PM
I want to place a reserve Duty officer on active duty. But for some reason, game will only allow me to place Duty Officers that are "bound to character" (lock symbol showing) in an active duty slot. If that's the case, how do I "bind" this duty officer? I really want his abilities in my active roster.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
just found out that if they are bound then they can't be used for officer exchange missions (Feresan, Cardassian etc) or for reassignments.
They most certainly can be used for officer exchange missions, with civilians being the exception to this rule. I do it all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanghunglo42 View Post
I want to place a reserve Duty officer on active duty. But for some reason, game will only allow me to place Duty Officers that are "bound to character" (lock symbol showing) in an active duty slot. If that's the case, how do I "bind" this duty officer? I really want his abilities in my active roster.
They are normally bound by being put into the active duty roster. If you can't put unbound doffs here, you have a bug.