Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lieutenant
The Gorn are one of the best races in STO, yet they feel lacking in some major way. Could it be the lack of awesome NPC's.........nah we have Ambassador S'tass. Could it be the lack of a bonified Gorn warship equal to the Federation's newest ships, perhaps.

So what do the Gorn really need to be complete?

The ability for Gorn players to throw rocks at their opponents in ground based missions! This elusive epic ability is being used by myriads of lesser Gorn NPC's to hinder the path of many players, so why can't Gorn players use it? Imagine throwing massive rocks at Manus in Infected Ground or even at the Borg Queen herself. Got Tholian Project Leader problems? Squash them with a rock! Where do you get a massive slab of rock in a Starbase, who cares its Star Trek Online!

This campaign has been brought to you buy the Gorn Rock Throwing Association of Deep Space Nine. We will rock you!

(On a more serious note, I would love to have this ability for the heck of it, or even an emote)
Career Officer
# 2
08-08-2013, 03:41 PM
/signed General Ssharki of the KDF Central Command.

And if you're in a place with no rocks handy, like a starbase: pick up tables, consoles deckplates, smaller lifeforms, whatever.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Republic Veteran
# 3
08-08-2013, 06:09 PM
The gorn need thier homeworld, a good batch of story missions for them. Maybe their pets. and the gorn battlship.
Rihannsu
# 4
08-10-2013, 04:28 AM
This really needs to happen.
Captain
# 5
08-10-2013, 10:03 AM
I'd love to see species specific kits:

Gorn Kit XI

Charge 3 - like lunge, but a flying clothesline!
Rock Throw 3 - Lob a huge rock/lump of debris (pure 100% kinetic, but with a huge aoe)
Thermal overdrive 3 - Using a gorns cold blood, the thermal regulators used on colder planets are modified, allowing energy/heat energy (such enemy/allied exothermic, plasma) to overheat the blood, allowing an increase in movement speed and physical damage
Bite 3 - Bite - Normal bite, or applies a 30% cooldown bonus to the trait bite
Fury 3 - Temorarily ignores all damage, disabling the shield - but as soon as the ability enters cooldown however, the damage from all attacks made on the gorn is applied in one lump value
Aptitude 3- Gorn - using the gorns natural aptitude, applies a 6% increase in science, engineering and tecnically proficient tactical abilities (such as weapon enhancement, ect)

..a kit designed for a race, equippable as any profession
Empire Veteran
# 6
08-12-2013, 07:38 AM
/signed 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zev92 View Post
The gorn need thier homeworld, a good batch of story missions for them. Maybe their pets. and the gorn battlship.
/signed 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by burstorion View Post
I'd love to see species specific kits:

Gorn Kit XI

Charge 3 - like lunge, but a flying clothesline!
Rock Throw 3 - Lob a huge rock/lump of debris (pure 100% kinetic, but with a huge aoe)
Thermal overdrive 3 - Using a gorns cold blood, the thermal regulators used on colder planets are modified, allowing energy/heat energy (such enemy/allied exothermic, plasma) to overheat the blood, allowing an increase in movement speed and physical damage
Bite 3 - Bite - Normal bite, or applies a 30% cooldown bonus to the trait bite
Fury 3 - Temorarily ignores all damage, disabling the shield - but as soon as the ability enters cooldown however, the damage from all attacks made on the gorn is applied in one lump value
Aptitude 3- Gorn - using the gorns natural aptitude, applies a 6% increase in science, engineering and tecnically proficient tactical abilities (such as weapon enhancement, ect)

..a kit designed for a race, equippable as any profession
/signed 100%

Wazir S'kaa
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Empire Veteran
# 7
08-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
/signed General Ssharki of the KDF Central Command.

And if you're in a place with no rocks handy, like a starbase: pick up tables, consoles deckplates, smaller lifeforms, whatever.
By The Way, I Would Love To Meet You Online. LOL. You Seem Like A Passionate Gorn Fan.
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Lt. Commander
# 8
08-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Gorn rock lobbing. +1.

More Gorn stuff please Cryptic. Gorn Battleship. Oh and a big huge boxy armoured Gorn Dreadnought with lots and lots of weapon batteries. Nice Gornified interiors too.

Yes I will happily buy new Gorn C-store items.

"You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
Empire Veteran
# 9
08-12-2013, 09:49 PM
By What I Know, A LOT of People LOVE Gorn.... just not in STO because they are nerfed! LOL!!!!!

Otherwise, I'd LOVE Gorn Interiors.... And As I Said Before, Check for Kits and Pets and Home World And ETC

Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-13-2013, 01:37 AM
The gorn and their heat seeking boulder technology is years ahead of us
Closed Thread