Captain
# 11
08-08-2013, 02:46 PM
You keep them, same as the Q-portraits. Whether or not they will be of any use remains to seen.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
08-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Can the ornithologist be moved somewhere since we were able to get way more eggs then we could cook? Which was a little ridiculous, or are we going to be left with stockpiles of eggs till next years event???

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post
Left with stockpiles of eggs till next years event

Again, like the Q-Pict, I'd assume stockpile.
Career Officer
# 14
08-08-2013, 04:09 PM
I belive there was mention of a starbase vanity project such as at christmas.

Has this idea now been dropped?
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
08-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyckath View Post
Again, like the Q-Pict, I'd assume stockpile.
Yeah but even with the Winter Event the bauble trader to exchange for latinum or whatever was moved to DS9 so the ornithologist should be moved too. I really don't see why she can't be, we already have Eppoh breeding in game...

***Disenchanted***
Captain
# 16
08-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
All additions made to the GPL Store will remain available after the dates above have come and gone.
Sigh, I was hoarding those glasses to sell on the exchange.
Commander
# 17
08-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Why shut everything down? It makes no sense. For the first time, Risa is actually a place people want to go and it looks and feels like a party when you beam down. Just chucking all the work put into it is silly and wasteful. Here's an idea instead.

Keep the favors (to earn the flyers and other goodies like outfits and accessories and pets) and the events to get them. Then simply change the reward for "Flying High" to 480 dilithium ore, and leave it up.

That way, the only thing to go away is the ship, and people have a reason to go to and enjoy Risa and the hard work you've put into this map. If you take away everything as planned, no one will bother going there anymore and it will end up like the Risa of old with people showing up once, realizing it's pointless, and never returning.

Also, bring back the Corvette event next year and call it "Corvette Summer". You're welcome.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
08-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmeow504 View Post
Why shut everything down? It makes no sense. For the first time, Risa is actually a place people want to go and it looks and feels like a party when you beam down. Just chucking all the work put into it is silly and wasteful. Here's an idea instead.

Keep the favors (to earn the flyers and other goodies like outfits and accessories and pets) and the events to get them. Then simply change the reward for "Flying High" to 480 dilithium ore, and leave it up.

That way, the only thing to go away is the ship, and people have a reason to go to and enjoy Risa and the hard work you've put into this map. If you take away everything as planned, no one will bother going there anymore and it will end up like the Risa of old with people showing up once, realizing it's pointless, and never returning.

Also, bring back the Corvette event next year and call it "Corvette Summer". You're welcome.
Excellent suggestion...

***Disenchanted***
Cryptic Studios Team
# 19
08-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
You keep them, same as the Q-portraits. Whether or not they will be of any use remains to seen.
Our plan is to use the same special tokens in these events every year.

Q-Portraits = Winter
Pearls = Summer

And each time these Seasonal Events return, the same tokens will be used for a new prize.

Or, for finishing off an existing project if you have it slotted from the prior year.

Or both, if you're feeling up for it!

As we get closer to our next Seasonal Event, and our next update to the Event Reputation, we will be sharing more information about exactly what players can expect from the system, and what they can do with half-finished projects and tokens from the previous years' events.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Commander
# 20
08-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Our plan is to use the same special tokens in these events every year.

Q-Portraits = Winter
Pearls = Summer

And each time these Seasonal Events return, the same tokens will be used for a new prize.

Or, for finishing off an existing project if you have it slotted from the prior year.

Or both, if you're feeling up for it!

As we get closer to our next Seasonal Event, and our next update to the Event Reputation, we will be sharing more information about exactly what players can expect from the system, and what they can do with half-finished projects and tokens from the previous years' events.
That is very welcome news! I'll make sure I slot the Corvette event then and leave it until next year, I'm only 5 days short. I will have my raceboat after all!

In the meantime, please consider my suggestion above to keep the Risa events in place and award daily dilithium for Flying High to keep the fun going. no reason to let a good map go to waste, and come winter people will want even more to get away to someplace tropical!
Closed Thread