Republic Veteran
# 31
08-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 32
08-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
Awesome, can't turn down free stuff. Still this seems like a big deal just for the end of the summer. Planning something?

Also, just to head off any confusion, this is claimed on a per character basis, i.e. not account unlock, correct? I know there have been codes given out in the past that did unlock items across an account, but this sounds different.
It works just like the items in the C-Store do now, except for the item(s) being given away on that day, instead of it saying X ZEN, it will be "Available" and you have a "Claim" button. So, for the costume on Monday, instead of seeing "550 ZEN" and a "Buy" button, it will say "Available" and "Claim".

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 33
08-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Cool.

Chances are I have everything already but even if that's the case, im happy others can pick up some items.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Commander
# 34
08-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
there Will Be Starships Several, In Fact. There Are No Tokens Or Boosts Planned For The Giveaway.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
There's Starships?!

I Love Starships! Gives Mah Starships Lol!
Check out my Odyssey Uniform, based on the Vulcan woman who was on the STO page during Season 6: New Romulus! (*Skirts and pants uniforms are listed*)
Career Officer
# 35 Thanks
08-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Thank you....looking forward to the Winter Event with Q once more....these events are awesome...perhaps a spring & fall event to follow.......keep up the good work...you guys are heading in the right direction.
Career Officer
# 36
08-09-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm curious;
Quote:
What I meant by eligibility requirements is, for example, say it's a T3 ship -- you'll need to have the faction appropriate level 20 character to claim it.
Quote:
Oh, and the items get progressively higher in value throughout the week (Example: Monday, costume; Friday, ship)
I have six characters, two FEDs at levels (I think) 31 & 35, two KDFs at levels... 25 & 29(?) and two Republic Characters that are still in their teens.

Should you release a Free Tier #5 Ship, I'd seriously miss out. There ain't no way I'm going to be able to get all six of my characters to level 50.
Career Officer
# 37
08-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
It works just like the items in the C-Store do now, except for the item(s) being given away on that day, instead of it saying X ZEN, it will be "Available" and you have a "Claim" button. So, for the costume on Monday, instead of seeing "550 ZEN" and a "Buy" button, it will say "Available" and "Claim".

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You missed a perfect opportunity here. Instead of "Summer event's over, have free stuff" you could've said "To apologise for the LoR downtimes and issues, now that we have a handle on things, we'll give a week of free things."

Gotta work on the PR department either way. Thank you for the opportunity to get some freebies. My only concern is how many of these items will be on the Romulan faction, seeing as I got the legacy pack I pretty much have the lot anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
I'm curious;I have six characters, two FEDs at levels (I think) 31 & 35, two KDFs at levels... 25 & 29(?) and two Republic Characters that are still in their teens.

Should you release a Free Tier #5 Ship, I'd seriously miss out. There ain't no way I'm going to be able to get all six of my characters to level 50.

He mentioned they were "Account wide unlocks" meaning you'd just need 1 rom, 1 KDF, 1 fed to 50 to be eligible to claim anything. Just to cover all your bases, claim it on one character it'll be available to all current and future characters you make.

Last edited by superfoxyplush; 08-09-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Captain
# 38
08-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Of all the weeks to be away from home. >_<

Still, this is a fantastic promo. Thanks a bunch!
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Lieutenant
# 39
08-09-2013, 10:41 AM
While I enjoy receiving free stuff, especially that I can use on later toons, I do have a question to ask. I am asking now because I am sure someone else will eventually ask it as well.

I know that you can not give away specifics, but with the ships giveaway will we be seeing "high-end" ships up for or just a random C-Store ship? While I figure any of the 3 pack ships are off the table, will ships like the Grumba/Kar'Fi be potential candidates for the KDF or more normal ships like the Varanus/B'rel Retrofit?

Once again, thank you guys for this opportunity and I look forward to whatever is in store.
Commander
# 40
08-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Quote:
There will be starships Several, in fact. There are no tokens or boosts planned for the giveaway.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Gasp!