Ensign
# 21
08-09-2013, 11:39 PM
It there going to be a tailor fix coming soon. I have seen many threads on it and its really annoying not to be able to change uniforms of Bridge Officers without a crash to desktop happening each time.
Career Officer
# 22
08-10-2013, 05:21 AM
Does it kick based on @handle or individual character?

How will this affect people with multiple alts in a fleet?
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Empire Veteran
# 23
08-10-2013, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farktoid5000 View Post
Fleet Leader Adjustments
  • If there is a Single Leader of a Fleet, and that Leader has not logged in for 180 days, that Leader is considered Inactive.
This is way too long. 30days was too long but manageable

The other changes are great for fleets with top heavy leadership, but this 180 day thing is insanely long, you can complete a starbase holding in that time. It will force me to change the leadership structure and expose the fleet to more risk. Please revert it back to 30 days from 180 days.
House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
Captain
# 24
08-10-2013, 07:29 AM
I am thinking this Fleet Leader change is an extremely bad idea.

Consider these scenarios:
1. A fleet has multiple leaders. One of these leaders goes completely bat**** insane, or maybe just flat out goes AWOL. The other two leaders have him removed from power before he causes damage. Unfortunately, this guy has multiple alts, or even multiple accounts: It is now IMPOSSIBLE to remove this guy, because only ONE person can be removed, the process takes *2 WEEKS*, and seeing this will almost CERTAINLY make an already unhinged individual you are attempting to remove from leadership for his own good even more unhinged, probably driving him to cause destruction. In fact, it is impossible to remove this guy, because as only one alt can be kicked at a time, he will just switch to another character and unkick himself. Even if he is simply AWOL and being removed as a precautionary measure, to remove all of his 30 alts will take over a year at 2 weeks per alt removed. During this time, assuming the fleet doesn't explode into civil war, NO ONE CAN BE PROMOTED. Fleet business grinds to a dead halt.

2. A one-man fleet is attempting to rearrange his alts. He now cannot remove himself from a leadership position faster than once per 2 weeks.

3. A fleet leader must temporarily leave the fleet, to deposit stuff in another fleet, buy a fleet ship, etc., or any number of reasons people temporarily leave fleets. He promotes an alt to leader, but this alt is now "Provisional". He then leaves, does his business, and returns. He is now also provisional. The fleet now has no full leader.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-10-2013, 08:27 AM
the fleet creator having full rights has got me confused. do they retain that ability after they or kicked or not?
Career Officer
# 26
08-10-2013, 08:55 AM
I'm still trying to understand the fleet change. I've re-read that section a half-dozen times now. So let me see if I get this straight:

Because Caspian Division was run by a douchebag, you're going to COMPLETELY PARALYZE a large fleet that has to boot a fleet admiral? NO ONE can be promoted or kicked for TWO WEEKS?

And what happens if the leader being booted has a friend... or an alt character at the same rank? You're going to stick a large fleet into a perpetual kick/rescue griefing loop?

Also, why the heck can't we sort a fleet roster by @name? Actually, why is the fleet roster so terrible? Seriously- when you select a name and click on the promote/demote/kick buttons, it just applies that to a random person whose name was not selected. We have to use the right-click context menu only now, the buttons are completely unsafe. And it's always a fun guessing game to see if it actually saves changes to an officer note.

Last edited by futurepastnow; 08-10-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Captain
# 27
08-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Because Caspian Division was run by a douchebag, you're going to COMPLETELY PARALYZE a large fleet that has to boot a fleet admiral? NO ONE can be promoted or kicked for TWO WEEKS?
That's what it looks like. And if the leader being booted had multiple alts to be booted, the lockdown becomes nigh-unending, even without a Kick/Rescue war. In my fleet, we have 3 leaders, two of which have in excess of 30 alts. If someone dies and their account has to be removed for security, since they are dead and will never return, specifically to avoid a Caspianesque instance where a long-dead leader returns as an angry ghost somehow, it would take OVER A YEAR to remove a leader's corpse. Even making it by @name is no solution: That's still over a dozen @names to remove. And this is in the most benign condition possible: The actual physical death of the someone and their cleanup.

During which, as mentioned, all of fleet business is completely paralyzed. This is absurd.
Commander
# 28
08-10-2013, 10:05 AM
I personaly Do not get this new Fleet Leaders Ship System.... and i need to know how it will affect me and my fleets along with my other Fleet Admirals....

So what im proposing is we log into tribble and create a fleet were all founding members are *leaders* and test out the new *features*

I'll be in the tribble from

10:05Am ---- 2pm (PDT - GMT - 7hrs) ****Or untill the server is available****

@comrademoco

Last edited by generalmoco; 08-10-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 29
08-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by appletontrek View Post
It there going to be a tailor fix coming soon. I have seen many threads on it and its really annoying not to be able to change uniforms of Bridge Officers without a crash to desktop happening each time.
Cryptic, while you fix this PLEASE fix the Marauding BOFF Clothing Option (KDF and KDF aligned Romulan)
Career Officer
# 30
08-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Fleet leader system aint broken, no need to fix it... If someone's fleet goes **** up because someone else was stupidly immature then that's their own fault for promoting someone they don't trust... And that explanation is WAY overcomplicated...