Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 193
we do it with boff's. after we max ourselves out at tier 4 in all areas, whats the point of the extra experience?

Anyone know of plans to allow us to promote/upgrade/enhance out doff's?

example: each doff has rank, from crewman up through lieutenant...why cant we promote them in order to upgrade them? have a base rank for each rarity, and work up 2 or 3 slots from there?

What will this do? promote purchase of more doff's, diversify the doff setups more.

example: each promotion gives a choice: improve chance, improve duration, or improve effect.

purple projectile doff: 20% chance reduce torp reload by 5 secs. options would be improve reload chance, or improve reload time. each rank up gives either 5% reload chance, or 1 second reload time.

another idea: the ability to scavenge duty officers from estf's. the ability to pick up borg doff's from destroyed ships, separate them from the collective, and reassign them as duty officers on the ship. they can have their own duty officer assignments such as "secure borg prisoners", "sever borg from collective", repurpose borg officer" in the same way we have experimental engineering assignments. each step requires different officers such as security and assault squad to secure, doctors, nurses, engineers to sever, and counselors, advisors, and duty officers in the desired area of expertise.

I also think we should consider tying in doffs/boffs more into our fleet starbases. setting a theme for the bases, not just federation, klingon, or romulan, but a secondary subset of that. sending doff's and boff's on missions or set as constant duty slots to improve the starbase in the given tree. imagine borg, breen, dominion, cardassian, ferengi, or tholian influences on the starbases. reducing costs of said races preferred technologies, allowing the sale of new technologies, adding unique consoles to fleet ships, automatically infusing ships and weapons with built in cultural adaptations(borg nanites/regen, breen energy drain/shield penetration, dominion energy drain/anti cloak, cardassian spiral wave/maneuverability, ferengi trade secrets/market dominance, and tholian refraction/temporal abilities)
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 2
08-08-2013, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctcwolf View Post
we do it with boff's. after we max ourselves out at tier 4 in all areas, whats the point of the extra experience?
Converting to FMs via the starbase doff missions.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 193
# 3
08-08-2013, 06:09 PM
exactly...anything else...nope
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,371
# 4
08-09-2013, 05:40 AM
Quote:
example: each doff has rank, from crewman up through lieutenant...why cant we promote them in order to upgrade them? have a base rank for each rarity, and work up 2 or 3 slots from there?
IIRC, it's been mentioned by a dev before the forum-wipe, that promoting doffs (e.g. turning a blue Helna into a purple Helna) is impossible due to the way the doff system is set up.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 193
# 5
08-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
IIRC, it's been mentioned by a dev before the forum-wipe, that promoting doffs (e.g. turning a blue Helna into a purple Helna) is impossible due to the way the doff system is set up.
I don't wanna turn blue into purple. Each rarity of doff has 3 possible ranks associated with it. I want to make those ranks mean/represent upgrades to the doff within the rarity system. 3 levels for white, 3 for green, 3 for blue, and 3 for purple.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,559
# 6
08-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctcwolf View Post
I don't wanna turn blue into purple. Each rarity of doff has 3 possible ranks associated with it. I want to make those ranks mean/represent upgrades to the doff within the rarity system. 3 levels for white, 3 for green, 3 for blue, and 3 for purple.
That would be a variation on the same problem.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,880
# 7
08-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Yeah, the rank insignia a doff has is literally just a set stat, the same as their traits.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:16 PM.