Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Lieutenant
# 21
08-11-2013, 02:49 AM
TO those that actually understand why I suggested this, a big thumbs up ;-)

AS others have stated, some of us can't log in every day as RL commitments come first thus our game time is severely restricted.

So what's stopping them making the rep projects with adjustable timers? If it is to force people to log in each day, then fool on them!

Fraghul2000 has it down to a tea with their example

Rep grinds have always been the bane of MMO's and are one of the more common reasons why people jump ship. They take the fun out of the game & make it more like a job (which alot of us already have!)

ps. Another plus side of having "Flexible" timers, it makes rep grinding that alt up less of a headache
__________________________________________________ ___

Beta player - forum knows jack as to when I started

Last edited by des101; 08-11-2013 at 02:52 AM. Reason: spelling errors, ect
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
08-11-2013, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
What is so difficult to understand?

What the OP is suggesting is that everyone can adjust their timers, with the time, cost and the reward increasing or decreasing accordingly.
Yeah I get that. What I'm saying is... that system still sucks. The timer as it is is bad enough. The timer that came before it when s7 first launched, was so bad they cut it down to 20hrs to placate everybody. You want to adjust the timer and the input costs so that the reward will be greater for a week long project instead of a day long project.

Why. The hell. Would you want ANY kind of timer at all? It takes about a month of grinding to get the rep to tier v as it currently stands. The method you guys propose won't cut that down, it'll just make the grindy parts less tedious as you can spend one or two game sessions getting the input marks you need.

My point is... why the hell do you want to grind at all? If you could adjust the system, and that's what the OP is talking about, then surely it makes more sense to just do away with it altogether and cut the timer for the projects down to 20 seconds. That way, you get faster progress and don't have to spend a week feeling anxious that you can't log in for whatever Real Life reason. When s7 first launched all of my existing characters had a stack of o-marks from all the STFs I had done. Several thousand at least. Yet I could still only spend those marks on one stupid little project at one tedious time. And then wait 20hrs to repeat it again! Why does anyone look at this system and not go '...I should be able to get from tier I to V in one upgrade project if I had the marks, and it should take 2 seconds to do so'. To make matters worse, the OP proposes that reward is commensurate with the adjusted timer and input costs; which ironically, would make shorter duration projects the least rewarding option you could have - when that is precisely the kind of option that would be best suited for someone who only plays once or twice a week!

TL;DR your idea and the OP's idea is like moving sideways, NOT up.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Lol @ people who cant find the time to log in every day to do their reputation crap.

Takes all of 1 minute to fill the rep projects with pre-purchased / gathered materials. If you can't find 1 minute a day to do this there is something wrong with your time management. Put STO on your laptop and connect it to the internet where you work and you would be able to do it there. Failing that do it before going to bed. I assume these people still sleep every day. If you are away from home just connect to whatever wifi they have where you are staying.

Its not like you are being asked to log in for 2 hours a night regardless of where you are. Its 1 minute.
Lieutenant
# 24
08-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poeddude View Post
Lol @ people who cant find the time to log in every day to do their reputation crap.

Takes all of 1 minute to fill the rep projects with pre-purchased / gathered materials. If you can't find 1 minute a day to do this there is something wrong with your time management. Put STO on your laptop and connect it to the internet where you work and you would be able to do it there. Failing that do it before going to bed. I assume these people still sleep every day. If you are away from home just connect to whatever wifi they have where you are staying.

Its not like you are being asked to log in for 2 hours a night regardless of where you are. Its 1 minute.
Probably the most stupid comment I've read in a while and posted with the intention of trolling and nothing more (because no-one else in their right mind would say something so daft!)

And Guess what, people have lives away from this game and aren't going to mess about firing up their laptop or pc just to quickly log into the game to do rep after working all day/night!! There's more important things to do with ones time.

Hence the original post

Beta player - forum knows jack as to when I started

Career Officer
# 25
08-11-2013, 12:25 PM
20h is good
but they should reset all 24h Timers that are still ingame
to 20h like Eppo Tagging and some more

if you dont have 1h each day or 2nd day you are in the wrong game use a offline game
Level 50 Cpts: W-T-Riker; Jadzia; Sharan; K'Dhan; T-W-Riker; T'Pok; Ehrehin; Shanara; Karana; Lukara
Subscribed For: 1200 Days 23-08-2013
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
08-11-2013, 05:41 PM
why do you want it longer when you could still be on a timer the next time you log in. Rather than having the projects on a "Collect Reward" ???
Captain
# 27
08-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by des101 View Post

Some of us work & can't log on every day to refresh projects so it's making the rep grind even more tedious!!

Sort it out please.

K, thanks.
Thanks for only thinking about yourself .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Captain
# 28
08-12-2013, 12:33 AM
Whaaaaa????

You want LONGER rep projects because you cannot log in everday to start a new one? Why would you want that? It's not like the project will be deleted if you do not collect the reward right away. Just pretend it will take 40 hours because in 41 hours will be the earliest you can login next. The project doesnt care, it will sit in collect reward stage waiting.

In other words, this thread starts with a useless suggestion.
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
08-12-2013, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
Whaaaaa????

You want LONGER rep projects because you cannot log in everday to start a new one? Why would you want that? It's not like the project will be deleted if you do not collect the reward right away. Just pretend it will take 40 hours because in 41 hours will be the earliest you can login next. The project doesnt care, it will sit in collect reward stage waiting.

In other words, this thread starts with a useless suggestion.
Not quite. He's saying he wants rewards to be proportionate to an adjustable timer and input costs. So if you could put in double the marks and items and adjust the timer to 40hrs instead of 20, it'll pay out twice as much as a 20hr project.

Of course, if you could adjust the timer based on how often you play, why would you favour such a system that still requires a long time to get from tier I to tier V and not just the current system but with a project timer of 20 seconds. Ideally there wouldn't be a timer at all, just marks. If you've got x amount of marks, gratz - you can be whatever tier you want to be instantly rather than waiting however many days/weeks you do now and would under the OP's system.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
08-12-2013, 03:22 AM
we need wide-account unlock reputation that will be much better stuff instead of extended time add to reputation... no matter if my rep. will be reseted or even longer i will more like to get wide account unlock reputation... we already have a lot in-game material to play this game for long time
OLD > JHAS - Battle Bug [Fed]