Career Officer
# 51
08-11-2013, 11:19 AM
I've been preaching this for a while, especially in the tournament sign up threads with blacklists bigger than white lists.

The only real balancing needed imo is boosting some underpowered boff powers and lolromulans
12th Fleet Are recruiting Active PvP'ers.
We have Full T5 starbase, Teamspeak and over 200 active members.

Go to Recruitment room and beam up! You'll be glad you did.
Captain
# 52
08-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Thought for the day, tournament with only one rule: No fleet or set shields. Now before you get your pitch forks and what not out hear me out (more like read on...) :

My thought is that everybody in a soccer match always looks at the striker as the one who personifies the team, but the goal keepers have always been the unsung heroes.

Likewise, what if the tournament is geared to be all about the keepers i.e. the healers of STO. Rather than most kills, the least deaths.....

Concept worthy of Tyler Durden? What say you?

On a different note, does "Balance through Saturation" fit into the Tyler Durden way?
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles

Last edited by naz4; 08-11-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Captain
# 53
08-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Thought for the day, tournament with only one rule: No fleet or set shields. Now before you get your pitch forks and what not out hear me out (more like read on...) :

My thought is that everybody in a soccer match always looks at the striker as the one who personifies the team, but the goal keepers have always been the unsung heroes.

Likewise, what if the tournament is geared to be all about the keepers i.e. the healers of STO. Rather than most kills, the least deaths.....

Concept worthy of Tyler Durden? What say you?

On a different note, does "Balance through Saturation" fit into the Tyler Durden way?
Ya no set or fleet shields... why not. lol

I am planning to do a lethal lotto mini tourny right away naz. I was planning on having zero rules at all... just have fun and punch each other and all. lol

I am just not 100% sure when I am going to do it yet... I had a death in the family this week... and have funerals and stuff to take care of... was thinking this upcoming weekend but might just do it the one after. lol

I'm fine with doing some afternoon tournaments in TD... I just don't want anything to be about fleet politics... thats why I'm thinking lethal lotto, everyone fights no Fleet Egos to stroke.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 54
08-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Ya no set or fleet shields... why not. lol

I am planning to do a lethal lotto mini tourny right away naz. I was planning on having zero rules at all... just have fun and punch each other and all. lol

I am just not 100% sure when I am going to do it yet... I had a death in the family this week... and have funerals and stuff to take care of... was thinking this upcoming weekend but might just do it the one after. lol

I'm fine with doing some afternoon tournaments in TD... I just don't want anything to be about fleet politics... thats why I'm thinking lethal lotto, everyone fights no Fleet Egos to stroke.
Sounds good to me man.

I just wanted to add twists in it, that's all to highlight other parts of PvP that are just as important as tactical roles.

Lethal lotto is a cracking idea.

Sad news about the death bit. Hope all is ok
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles