Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward > Captain's Table (RP)
Login

Captain
# 121
07-22-2013, 09:15 PM
*Unknown, destroyed solar system*

Vranlek: Scans are completed sir, and the results are rather disturbing.

Voporak: Do tell.

Vranlek: It appears that there was a warp-capable culture here until just recently, but that obviously changed. They were the ones that dropped this message beacon.

Voporak: Did the Borg do this?

Vranlek: No - the Borg are not the things that are referred to. The planet fragments show residual antiproton signatures.

Voporak: Iconians...

Vranlek: It doesn't look like it was the Iconians either. Whatever weapons were used were similar but not Iconian in origin. It was something else. Something far more powerful.

Voporak: Something with the power to wipe out an entire civilization in one swoop, and it's on the loose. Not good. Are there any other intelligent species around here?

Vranlek: There are warp capable ships going to and from a nearby star system - but they are not in a panic. I don't think they have sensors that can reach far enough to show the destruction here.

Mirra: We should warn them of the danger, because these things may decide to attack them next.

Voporak: Agreed. Set course for that system, warp 9. Engage.

*The Phantom jumps to warp and is a few minutes away when all goes wrong*

Vranlek: Something's happening. An antiproton blast just hit their main planet. If there was a ship there, it is either cloaked or somehow appeared and was gone faster than our scanners can detect.

Voporak: Raise the cloak. Visual.

*The viewscreen shows the planet explode, obliterating every ship nearby, everyone killed. The bridge is silent for several moments*

Vranlek: It was the same attackers as before.

Voporak: Are they still around?

Vranlek: Not as far as I can tell.

Voporak: Alright... do long range scans for other sentient peoples and warp us to any that you find. We might have a few days before this happens again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Lieutenant
# 122
07-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Soval: Obisek isn't associated with these Borg.

Ryan: What?

Soval: If this were related to the Vault, we would have heard about it. The Vault does house Borg technology, so it is more likely that our adversaries are after that technology.
(OOC: Sorry I was out of commission there for a while. Had to make a trip to sickbay.)

McLean: Regardless of who's responsible, the people on that station have to be warned.

Thryiss: Agreed. We may not have much time.

Wil: Captain, may I add something?

Thryiss: Of course.

Wil: If your ships integrate Borg technology in any way, I suggest we take every precaution to hide it from sensors. The way things are going, we may not want to advertise our use of Borg components. (To Thryiss) Captain, with your permission, I'll inform engineering to lockdown astrometrix.

Thryiss: Do it.

*Wil nods to the room, and exits.*

McLean: I'll head back and contact the Vault.

"There are three things to remember about being a starship captain:
keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
# 123
07-25-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlafrance View Post
(OOC: Sorry I was out of commission there for a while. Had to make a trip to sickbay.)

McLean: Regardless of who's responsible, the people on that station have to be warned.

Thryiss: Agreed. We may not have much time.

Wil: Captain, may I add something?

Thryiss: Of course.

Wil: If your ships integrate Borg technology in any way, I suggest we take every precaution to hide it from sensors. The way things are going, we may not want to advertise our use of Borg components. (To Thryiss) Captain, with your permission, I'll inform engineering to lockdown astrometrix.

Thryiss: Do it.

*Wil nods to the room, and exits.*

McLean: I'll head back and contact the Vault.
Ryan: Captains, that Cube destroyed a flotilla of 5 Federation Starships, the majority of them Galaxy-Class and above. Now, the Victorious can handle itself in a fight, but we only have 5 ships ourselves. We need reinforcements.

Soval: I will contact the 41st Fleet and divert ships to assist, but the nearest help is 2 days away at maximum warp.

However, the R.R.W. Marrucious is within a day's travel of us.

Ryan: Marrucious? That's Commander Tomarek's ship, isn't it?

Soval: We are old acquaintances. I am sure he will respond to my request for assistance.

Ryan: Will 1 D'Deridex be enough though?

Soval: Doubtful. We will have to hope the Reman Resistance are able to help us turn the tide.
My Fan Fictions
Lieutenant
# 124
07-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Ryan: Captains, that Cube destroyed a flotilla of 5 Federation Starships, the majority of them Galaxy-Class and above. Now, the Victorious can handle itself in a fight, but we only have 5 ships ourselves. We need reinforcements.

Soval: I will contact the 41st Fleet and divert ships to assist, but the nearest help is 2 days away at maximum warp.

However, the R.R.W. Marrucious is within a day's travel of us.

Ryan: Marrucious? That's Commander Tomarek's ship, isn't it?

Soval: We are old acquaintances. I am sure he will respond to my request for assistance.

Ryan: Will 1 D'Deridex be enough though?

Soval: Doubtful. We will have to hope the Reman Resistance are able to help us turn the tide.
Thryiss: The Sunstone can pull her weight, but a few more friendlies wouldn't hurt. Unfortunately, I've been somewhat isolated for the past few years. I can't think of anyone who owes me favours.

keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
# 125
07-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Thryiss: The Sunstone can pull her weight, but a few more friendlies wouldn't hurt. Unfortunately, I've been somewhat isolated for the past few years. I can't think of anyone who owes me favours.
Ryan: Well, I guess we'll have to hope Commander Tomarek can rally enough support.

Is there anything else?
My Fan Fictions
Lieutenant
# 126
07-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Ryan: Well, I guess we'll have to hope Commander Tomarek can rally enough support.

Is there anything else?
Thryiss: Nothing here. Captains? *She looks to the others expectantly.*

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
# 127
07-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Thryiss: Nothing here. Captains? *She looks to the others expectantly.*
Sheridan: Nope.

Daya: I got nothing.

Soval: I have nothing further to add.

Ryan: Alright. I suggest you all go to your respective vessels and get ready. I have the feeling we've got a long day tomorrow.

*Sheridan, Soval and T'las leave.*
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 128
08-01-2013, 03:43 PM
*R.S.S. Victorious, Observation Lounge. After everyone leaves, Ryan walks over to the window, unaware that Captain Marilla "Daya" Saph stopped before reaching the door. Daya walks over to him, putting a hand on his shoulder.*

Daya: You okay?

Ryan: Yeah.

Just worried.

Daya: About Dannover?

Ryan: Partly.

About this crew. It's something I can never get off my mind when I'm thrown into situations like this.

Daya: Because of your parents?

Ryan: Daya...

Daya: You've been living with this since the Academy.

Ryan: How am I supposed to forget the U.S.S. Olympic being destroyed at Starbase 24?!

I saw it on the newsfeed. I saw 5 Klingon Negh'vars destroy a Medical Ship during their unprovoked assault on SB24 in 2407! They didn't even let the Escape Pods survive!

Daya: I know, Ryan! We were in the same class, for God sakes!

Ryan: It wasn't an accusation, dammit!

I just... I don't want to lead this crew to their deaths.

Daya: And you won't.

Ryan: You gonna make sure?

*Daya smiles, leading Ryan to smile.*

Daya: Right behind ya.

Ryan: Just like old times.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 129
08-11-2013, 09:13 PM
*Gamma Quadrant, on the edge of the galaxy*

Vranlek: The Borg cube is on sensors again. It's coming to investigate the planet that was just destroyed.

Voporak: How close is it?

Vranlek: At its current speed, two hours.

Voporak: Alright. All hands to battle stations. Maintain cloak.

Vranlek: I believe there is a way to use the Borg to our advantage.

Voporak: Do tell, lieutenant...

*Two hours later. The Borg cube arrives in the system and begins scanning the planet's wreckage*

Mirra: They haven't detected us yet.

Voporak: Good. Vranlek, are you ready?

*The Reman nods*

Omet'etan, hit it.

*The Black Phantom decloaks, and begins flying circles around the cube. The cube attempts to shoot down the speedy Sao Paulo class ship, but only manages to get a few glancing hits. As it goes by, the Phantom makes shots here and there with its antiproton cannons*

Vranlek: Their transwarp computer lockout has been damaged. Accessing the coil now.

*The cube's transwarp coil begins to activate, causing an opening in space to appear*

Voporak: Go!

*The Phantom flies at full speed through, followed by the cube.

In the Alpha quadrant, a few dozen kilometers from the Victorious, visible from the observation lounge window, a transwarp exit forms. The Black Phantom shoots out of it at mind-blowing speed, because less than a second later, a massive green explosion occurs from the exit collapsing on the cube.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Republic Veteran
# 130
08-12-2013, 02:20 AM
((Sorry i was reading two different things one being this and another being something else and i accidently posted here instead by mistake and was unable to delete))

Last edited by garvesnekano; 08-12-2013 at 02:35 AM.