Lieutenant
I currently have a level 50 engineer, and a level 13 science officer leveling on federation side. I am still working on gathering gear, to catch up to current content level. But i keep finding myself drawn to carriers. Specifically the Caitian Carrier.

Are carriers, now i would like to have one for my engineer, but the Multi-mission engineering seems to have too low of hull strength compared with my Sovereign.

Should i just continue gearing up the ship that i have? Or would the Caitian Carrier be worth the jump to my science officer, or should i give up my fighter ship obsession?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-12-2013, 11:17 AM
I made a thread about it not too long ago that may be useful. It's here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=807101

========================================
SABLE SQUADRON ~ Caitian Engineer
The bigger the ship the better.
Captain
# 3
08-12-2013, 11:18 AM
Transfer your character to Tribble, buy a carrier and fly around in it for a bit and see if you like it. If not nothing lost as Tribble is just a test server. That way you know whether or not you want to spend the money on a carrier on Holodeck.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 4
08-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Or if you have a Klingon character, you can pick up a Mirror Vo'Quv cheaply and get your fighter fix that way. Plus BoPs FTW!!!
Lieutenant
# 5
08-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Thanks all for the advice, i'll have to make my decision later on tonight.