Captain
# 31
08-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recon2130 View Post
I have teamspeak.

If you PM me the details i'll join and have a chat!
Can do, I'll send the info when I get back from visiting my folks, so sometime tomorrow

Post a current boff, weapon, ship layout...don't leave out any universal consoles
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
08-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Ok so here is a full break down of my ship, skills, traits and BOFF's

Skill Planner

Note: Skill planner does not have the Vesta universal consoles. Blank slots in my consoles indicates where these universals are located.

Also note that for some reason the skill tree section of that site does not seem to work. My ground skills do not look as they do on the website. The space skills are accurate.

I have plasmonic leech but unsure which console to sacrifice for it (better be worth it for 2,450,000 EC).

My power settings are as follows

Weapons = 69/45
Shields = 64/40
Engine = 40/15
Aux = 125/100

Traits:

Accurate
Covert
Elusive
Lucky
Resilient
Sturdy
Techie
Warp Theorist

At the time of writing i'm T1 in Omega but this will change in by tomorrow as i'm about to hit T2 after current assignments are over. I have not committed any resources to any other task forces.

Also is it possible to get a aux dual heavy cannon version of my current weaponry?

The opinions expressed within my posts may not reflect those of yourself, or others. However in a world where free speech is still valued (mostly) I am entitled to them. Respect & mutual understanding are the first steps towards the human race solving its problems!

Last edited by recon2130; 08-10-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Captain
# 33
08-10-2013, 04:31 PM
3 field generators are a bit much...i would get rid of all 3 personally. Flow Caps to boost Plasmonic leech drain.

What are your doffs?

What are your universals?

Get rid of rapid fire and get scatter volley

Use 2 tact team 1s

Get a stronger high yield if you have to run that quantum which I'd suggest you dont...get another aux cannon in there

Should be using full phaser relays since your dedicated phaser for tact consoles.

Notice a difference with that high aux?

Captain
# 34
08-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Are you not leveling rom/nuk?

A cutting beam aft would look sharp

How squishy are you atm? If you feel good, put some more power into weapons power for your aft turrets (they still feed off weapon power) just keep aux at 100.

From my research, elite scores are the prime choice for vesta hangers, best to work on rom...but you should be working on all three...foundry farm missions will more then make up the cost.

Edit: and like I said, there is a lot to type and ts is just gravy

Captain
# 35
08-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Whats your handle?

Starfleet Veteran
# 36
08-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Tubman@Recon21288

The opinions expressed within my posts may not reflect those of yourself, or others. However in a world where free speech is still valued (mostly) I am entitled to them. Respect & mutual understanding are the first steps towards the human race solving its problems!
Captain
# 37
08-11-2013, 03:53 PM
I pretty much agree with dahmnius. Field Generators aren't that important (I'm not a big fan of most of the Vesta consoles either) and you'd do better to improve your offense, in particular you should grab an Assimilated Module and Zero Point Energy Conduit as soon as possible, they're a great boost to your damage output, and yes, get a Cutting Beam as well. You need to switch to Phaser Relays, even if they're only Common quality Mk X's you'll get much better performance, since the general consoles are about half as effective as specialized ones of equal quality. Flip the Tac Team 2 down to level 1, there is practically no benefit to having a higher level one (the main point is the shield distribution, which is unaffected by level, as is the debuff cleanse), and the higher level torp ability will provide more benefit (although I'd still advise dropping the torp, which will improve damage and let you get an attack pattern and switch the Ensign to another career). Scatter Volley would be an advantage most of the time. And yes, grab Scorpions, even basic ones will probably get more damage from their plasma burn than your Peregrines get total. Oh, and get an Overcharged core, that will let you boost your Aux power to 130, while the Field Stabilizing one isn't doing much of anything for you.
Starfleet Veteran
# 38
08-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Ok

Thanks to Dahminus, Warrior is in much better shape. I got myself some fleet level flow caps and added them on. Leech is kicking ass and I grinded to get myself a Borg cutting beam. He also checked my doffs out and we got a usable build going.

I think it's a case of me now doing more grinding and getting better gear. I'm now averaging 3000 DPS as apposed to the 1000 on Friday. In other words I can hold my own in a fight and keep some dignity !!

Edit: I can hold my own in normal STF's but elites seem to give me a spot of bother....infact thats an understatement. I get *****. Its probably just the equipment i'm using at present but its kind of catch 22. I could do normal STF's but I would be forever in a day getting the required omega marks. Elites, although harder give more rewards from the looks of it.

Last edited by recon2130; 08-12-2013 at 04:30 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
08-13-2013, 02:24 AM
So i've been thinking. How majorly screwed would I be if i swapped out my Vesta with a Defiant Retro fit.

I bought it on the C-Store (when it was the C-Store) a long time ago just because i'm a DS9 freak and figured it would be good to have for a tactical one day. After comments saying the vesta may not be the best ship for DPS and overall ass kicking would the Defiant be a better choice.

I realise I would need to rework my entire build again but now I know whats going on it should be less of a foul up

Comments/Suggestions?

Captain
# 40
08-13-2013, 02:51 AM
First of all, what career is your character?

The Vesta is best for Science players. And even then, use the full set, including the Aux DHC. An Engineer might be able to make good use of it, but it is meant for Scientists.

Now if you go with a Tactical character, the Defiant would be a better option. Of course, all T4 and T5 variants have 3 Tactical slots, so a full cannon load would actually be wasting a Tactical slot. I tried it for myself, and discovered that you can only use 2 versions of Tactical Team with the current timers.

My best build though, is the Fleet MVAE. Now I realize this too wastes a Tactical slot, but at least the MV console means I am essentially flying a Defiant with decoys to take the attention away from me. So for a Tactical player, the Fleet MVAE is my own personal suggestion.

I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.

Last edited by lindaleff; 08-13-2013 at 02:59 AM. Reason: English?