Captain
# 1571
06-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetops1990 View Post
Any idea when we should be getting the colors for Romulan/Reman uniforms?
There are a few missions where you're undercover with the Tal Shiar, so that's a good place to get those colors when they're not shooting at you. The Republic uniforms have their own default colors, it seems, if you don't go to the advanced tab.

As for Remans... I think the Romulan FE has some on the ground that might be useful?
Career Officer
# 1572
06-09-2013, 10:44 PM
The problem with the Tal Shiar uniforms right now is that a different palette is displayed depending on the character/boff. On my Rom Eng you cannot use any purples, palette goes from yellow to blue to black. All the 'core' boffs are the same except Veril, who's palette goes from light blue to blue to purple to black. My Lib Borg Tac has that same palette and so do all of his boffs. It's odd that Satra, Hiven, and Tovan Khev have 1 palette on 1 character and a completely different one on another. Females can't wear gloves but males can, makes no sense.

I've tried to recreate the Commander Janek uniform as much as possible as there are many variants of the Tal Shiar uniform displayed in the game. Depending on what palette displays for you, the combo would be G21, H1, H8, H1 for the top and the H1 all the way around for the belt, pants and boots. They come out looking like this. Hopefully more options and the proper palette will be added/fixed in the future.
REDALERT - Your channel for info on all EVENT CONTENT

"Science is more than a body of knowledge; it's a way of thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the universe" -Carl Sagan
Survivor of Romulus
# 1573
08-04-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm referring to the TOS/TNG and maybe if they will ever be released, the DS9 uniforms
Starfleet Veteran
# 1574
08-13-2013, 09:42 AM
Any chance of doing something for the Odyssey uniforms?
Captain
# 1575
08-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Y'know, I don't think I've seen any NPCs wearing the Odyssey uniforms. Since they were created for STO specifically, without NPCs to reference there's no "canon" color palette. I would suspect standard blacks / dark grays with the three divisional colors for shoulders would work just fine.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1576
08-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
Y'know, I don't think I've seen any NPCs wearing the Odyssey uniforms. Since they were created for STO specifically, without NPCs to reference there's no "canon" color palette. I would suspect standard blacks / dark grays with the three divisional colors for shoulders would work just fine.
Agreed.

I also use white for the trim, and a medium gray for the undershirt--otherwise, I use a similar color scheme to my Sierra-1 Uniforms.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Career Officer
# 1577
10-31-2013, 04:54 PM
Has anyone seen Blackavaar since LoR went live?
Republic Veteran
# 1578
11-15-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archanubis View Post
Has anyone seen Blackavaar since LoR went live?
I thought he stop playing the game?

Also, the wrath of khan uniform isn't accurate any more because they changed the colour pallet select to that of Skin and Hair colour instead of Uniform.

Same with the Combadge, there isn't even a proper gold anymore.

In other news, we now have proper rank insignia for the uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 1579
11-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
I thought he stop playing the game?

Also, the wrath of khan uniform isn't accurate any more because they changed the colour pallet select to that of Skin and Hair colour instead of Uniform.

Same with the Combadge, there isn't even a proper gold anymore.

In other news, we now have proper rank insignia for the uniform.
So its not just me having a hard time trying to create the Wrath of Khan uniform for my crew.

I was wondering why is all the colors not matching up to the codes that they were before and why are there more colors for metallic items such as the badges.
Ensign
# 1580
12-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Yeah the pallet for me goes to Q so the codes don't match up. The undershirts now come out as garish neon colours.

I also have an odd glitch where the belt colour seems to be linked to that of the badge and vice versa.

Hopefully this will be cleared up soon as i'd like my crew to match.
The rank additions are a nice touch, additional arm sleeve pips would be great too!