Rihannsu
# 11
08-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Wrath of Khan Uniform Issues

Current Status: Resolved as of Nov 13, 2013.
The rank insignia is broken. It is stuck showing only the Captain's pip (it can't be changed), and it appears to be floating above/misaligned with the uniform. The shoulder strap is likewise crooked.

Last edited by lordhavelock; 11-14-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Rihannsu
# 12
08-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Fed-Aligned Romulans can not wear Fleet Odyssey Uniform

Current Status: Special. See below.
My Fed-Aligned Romulan (Female Liberated Borg) is a member of a Federation Fleet. That fleet uses the Odyssey Uniform (sold in the Star Base) as their standard Fleet Uniform. My Romulan character was allowed to purchase the Odyssey uniform, but it's not available in the Tailor for her to wear.

If you're going to force Romulans to align with Feds/KDF and join their fleets, then give them the same fleet features. During Fleet meetings, my Romulan is unable to be in uniform, which hampers esprit de corps.

Or if you're not going to fix this, please remove the option for Romulans to purchase these costumes (or at least put a very large disclaimer in there that they can't wear them) and refund my Fleet Credits/Dilithium.

Although I don't have a KDF-aligned Romulan yet, I wonder if a similar issue exists with their Bortasqu uniforms...

Aug 29, 2013 Update - "Resolved" by Cryptic:

Quote:
  • The standard Odyssey and Bortasqu' Basic Uniforms can no longer be purchased by Romulan captains in their Starbases and Embassies.
    • Romulan captains who have already purchased the uniform will continue to be able to use the respective uniform on respective ally bridge officers.
    • Romulan captains who have not already purchased the uniform have the ability to purchase a Bridge Crew version in their Starbases and Embassies once unlocked.
      • The uniform price is half the cost of the normal version.
      • Only respective ally bridge officers can wear the uniform.
    • Romulans allied with the KDF will no longer be able to apply the Bortasqu' uniform to their captain.
      • Captains already wearing the Bortasqu' uniform will not have the uniform removed unless they actively choose to modify the uniform at a tailor.
I am unsatisfied with this "resolution":
1) As a Romulan I'm forced to join either a Fed or KDF ally, and their respective fleet. As a member of a Fed Fleet that uses the Odyssey for their Fleet Uniform, I can not match the rest of my fleetmates.
2) I already paid the full price for the Odyssey uniform before it was known I couldn't wear it, and I wasn't offered any sort of refund for the "BO Only" half-price version that I'm being forced to take.

However, I'm certain the matter is closed as far as Cryptic is concerned, and it's just not worth wasting any more effort over. Oh well.

Last edited by lordhavelock; 11-14-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Rihannsu
# 13
08-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Reman Headgear Clips with Hood

Current Status: Unresolved (as of Oct 28, 2013).

The Holodeck July 25, 2013 Release Notes read: "The Reman Headgear has been adjusted to prevent clipping." I just checked the Tailor. Female Reman appear to be fine, no clipping with the hood. Male Reman using Reman Eyewear 2 are bugged with extreme clipping with the Reman hood. Not fixed. Submitted ticket ID #1,930,895.

Here's a picture showing the clipping:
http://i.imgur.com/q5hBALA.jpg

History:
Oct 28, 2013 - I was working on a new Reman captain and I was reminded/re-encountered this bug. It's still in the game.

Last edited by lordhavelock; 10-28-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Rihannsu
# 14
08-13-2013, 12:34 AM
KHG Armor Issues (Missing Be'ves Top and Helmet)

Current Status: Resolved (as of April 22, 2014).
Character Name: Alira@PatricianVetinari
Faction, Race, Gender: KDF Orion Female
Completed Costume Unlock Projects:
- Costume Unlock: Honor Guard Style 2 (Acquire KHG Mk XII Set)
- Costume Unlock: Honor Guard Style 3 (Complete All Elite Optionals)
Missing Pieces:
- Honor Guard Be'ves option
- Honor Guard Hos Pieces (Helmet, Arm/Leg Accessories)
Notes:
I do have the basic Honor Guard Helmet that came with my Costume Style 2 Unlock, however I'm missing the Be'ves "Cleavage Window" chest piece that's supposed to come with the Style 3 unlock. Also, I believe there are supposed to be other "Hos" pieces (Helmet variant, Arm/Leg Accessories) that should unlock with the Style 3 Project, and I also didn't get those. All relevant accolades/armor acquisition was completed after LoR via the Rep system for this character.

History:
Jan 15, 2013 - Reported by Phoenicius, et al, in this thread, and later the same day Borticuscryptic posted requesting more info.

Apr 11, 2013 - Borticuscryptic started a thread about the issue. He posted a reply on Jul 18, 2013 with an update.

Aug 12, 2013 - While the issue has existed for many months, I encounter it for the first time on the above toon, making this post and submitting Holodeck ticket ID #1,924,053.

Oct 10, 2013 - Borticuscryptic provided an update here, basically saying that they are aware of Omega Rep Costume Issues, haven't thus far found a fix, and they might be able to look into it soon.

Mar 29, 2014 - Borticuscryptic admonishes the posters in the Omega / STF Accolades and Costume Projects thread (he started back about a year ago) regarding too much bumping (see here). He does also say that there is a change to Omega Costume Unlocks (and all Reputation costumes) coming to Tribble very soon.

Apr 2, 2014 - Borticuscryptic explains in detail the two different issues with the Omega Armor costumes and their paths to solution. He indicates my specific issue as a secondary problem to be eventually (not by S9) fixed on a case-by-case basis, and further recognizes this post as an example of how to post needed data.

Apr 22, 2014 - Additional chatting occurred in the above threads leading up to Season 9, but with the launch of S9 fixes and work-arounds were introduced that unlocked my missing costume pieces. Thanks!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.

Last edited by lordhavelock; 04-22-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Career Officer
# 15
08-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Let's not forget the KDF costume slots which become unusable (cannot wear, rename, or edit) over time.
Rihannsu
# 16
08-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptwilliam2 View Post
I think this a brilliant idea of a thread and i hope the Devs pay attention. I mostly play STO because i have a weakness for Trek Art...
Thanks. Clearly I feel your pain. I do plan to keep this regularly updated. I long for Dev attention as well. I guess we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
Let's not forget the KDF costume slots which become unusable (cannot wear, rename, or edit) over time.
I have not (yet?) experienced this. I added to the OP Under Investigation area. Can you provide any more details? Thanks.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Career Officer
# 17
08-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
I have not (yet?) experienced this. I added to the OP Under Investigation area. Can you provide any more details? Thanks.
Unusable Costume Slots
Character Name: Miala@Jeff-El
Faction, Race, Gender: KDF Orion Female
Affected Costumes (in-game name):
  • Jeff-el_Miala
  • Qo'noS Guard
  • Slave Girl
  • Honor Guard
  • Holiday
  • Honor Guard (a second costume with the same name)
Notes:
These costumes have become completely unusable. If I visit the tailor to edit them, I can make changes, but they will not save. If I try to rename the outfit, it will not save. If I try to Wear the outfit (either within or outside of the tailor), my character's current outfit will not change.
The issue has been previously discussed here.

Last edited by jeffel82; 08-14-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Rihannsu
# 18
08-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Soft Boots are Missing from the Tailor

Current Status: Resolved Sep 12, 2013
The Soft Boots on my existing uniforms are still in the game (as visible here), but as soon as I go into Modify the uniform they get changed to Combat Boots and the Soft Boots are not available on the list (as seen here). They are also not available if I create a new uniform.

Submitted ticket ID #1,925,576.

Last edited by lordhavelock; 11-14-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Career Officer
# 19
08-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Would it kill the game to let BOffs wear off-duty outfit options? Or better yet just ditch the whole Off-Duty/Uniform division and let me put all my unlocked outfits on whoever I want?

Oh, and I don't know if anyone else has ever mentioned this a thousand times before but MY KDF MARAUDER BOFF'S OUTFIT STILL CAN'T BE CHANGED!!

Thank you.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Rihannsu
# 20
08-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
...These costumes have become completely unusable. If I visit the tailor to edit them, I can make changes, but they will not save. If I try to rename the outfit, it will not save. If I try to Wear the outfit, my character's current outfit will not change...
Thanks for the details! Are you able to change outfits outside the Tailor (using the Change Uniform menu)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Would it kill the game to let BOffs wear off-duty outfit options? Or better yet just ditch the whole Off-Duty/Uniform division and let me put all my unlocked outfits on whoever I want?
Good suggestion I've wished for in the past. Thanks for reminding me. I've added these to the OP Suggestion area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
...Oh, and I don't know if anyone else has ever mentioned this a thousand times before but MY KDF MARAUDER BOFF'S OUTFIT STILL CAN'T BE CHANGED!!
I've added to the Under Investigation bit of the OP and will check it out when I can.