Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Reputation System
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 61
08-09-2013, 07:21 AM
In my humble opinion the reputation system should be account based, and the grinding relating to it adjusted accordingly. In addition doff reputation system ie the 10 different rep systems like diplomacy and trade, and science, and espionage, etc should be account based.
Starfleet Veteran
# 62
08-10-2013, 05:56 AM
Agreed, I have no intention of grinding more; unless it's for pvp toons. Other games have it and it's keep me from playing the (little) content I actually wanna play! Meh.
Captain
# 63
08-11-2013, 11:51 PM
Reputation System is a long, boring, monotonous fail.

And that's just 1 run for a specific rep like Omega.

Now you have to do it on the other trees... across all your characters.
Captain
# 64
08-13-2013, 12:28 PM
I don't have any issue with reputation, there needs to be something in-game to keep players around. I say that with 5 toons who are all tier 5 omega/romulan/nukara. My only concern is about reputation system becoming obsolete following the introduction of new power creeps (new season releases).
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Career Officer
# 65
08-13-2013, 12:36 PM
All I can say is I feel the same way as the OP. I have 5 FED, 2 KDF, and 2 Romulan (1 FED and 1 KDF). 9 Characters. I originally planned to grind rep on my main FED and my main KDF. I've done it on my FED and about half way on my KDF. I just can't get into it though. Once was enough. My main FED only has Nukara rep because of the Risa bird sales. There are a number of cool things I'd like to have on a character, but I just have no interest in repeating the grind.
Captain
# 66
08-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Eh, it's novel enough to spin through once, but there's no way I'm doing it on multiple toons.
Lieutenant
# 67
08-14-2013, 12:20 AM
If Cryptic/PWE need a motivation, you know how you have a shared bank account? How about paying Zen to make your account a "team" and get shared rep, bank account, maybe something else I'm sure others have requested. Maybe like "mentoring" your other alts.

Obviously there might be a cross-faction issue, but I don't think that's a big deal.

Less grinding, more money, what could go wrong?
Starfleet Veteran
# 68
08-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidconversion View Post
If Cryptic/PWE need a motivation, you know how you have a shared bank account? How about paying Zen to make your account a "team" and get shared rep, bank account, maybe something else I'm sure others have requested. Maybe like "mentoring" your other alts.

Obviously there might be a cross-faction issue, but I don't think that's a big deal.

Less grinding, more money, what could go wrong?
That's actually not a bad idea at all, I'd support this!
Ensign
I have been playing on line games since they came out. Grinding Kills games. When you have to grind, you don't get to actually enjoy the games story lines, and to do other things you may enjoy. I have seen way to many Great games go south because of the grind. I hope the suits realize it will be more profitable for them to kill the grind, so people will buy more Zen and Dl. This is something they will understand, kill the grind, increase profit margins, that's what they understand. I can't stand playing nay more, three feds, two roms, one Klingon. I am bored, and it's work to play the grind, that's when I call it quits, when a game is no longer enjoyable, and it becomes work. If they are going to keep it a grind, make it like the roms. At least you get a planet, dailies, and PVE marks. So there is some diversity there. It's still a grind, but it is not as bad. they should do that for every all the reps if they are going to keep it a grind. they actually need to play the game. I would love to be their boss, I would be like, ok, get to level 50, grind out two reps to t5 then you can go home LOL!
Commander
# 70
09-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxlagind View Post
Reputation passives, activated abilities, and equipment are all necessary for high-end gameplay. Leveling those reputations costs players nothing but time (as the only limiting factor is marks). But that time is not only gated by the number of daily runs needed to get the marks (unless you happen to be able to play specifically during the bonus mark event every day), but also by a 20 hour forced wait between projects as well.

As such, completing all three reputations to full on one character can be rewarding. However, once finished, being faced with the daunting task of doing it again on another character is a complete deterrent.

The release of the new Romulan Scimitar Dreadnaught pack made me realize this recently. I like the ship. I want the ship. I'm willing to purchase and pay 5000 zen for the ship, as well as the hundreds of thousands of dilithium needed to outfit it.... But I'm not willing to spend 4 hours each day grinding for the next 2-3 months to get the reputation needed to equip the ship.

The part I don't understand is... Cryptic should want to make money. We want Cryptic to make money as well, so the game can stay alive and active as long as possible. Cryptic makes their money off of Zen and Dilithium, neither of which is needed UNTIL AFTER the reputation system is completed (as space equipment costs a lot of dilithium, but nothing while leveling the reputation requires any).

So here I sit, as do many others.... with a Klingon... with a Romulan... with other Federation characters... with a wishlist of things to purchase using dilithium and Zen, with the only thing standing in my way of purchasing them in the form of a huge time sink.

I did it with one character. I won't do it again. And I can't help but wonder why an account-based reputation system isn't in place yet. Each player will still need to run STF's and other PvE activities to get the marks to purchase the items they need, and plenty of times.

There's money that people want to spend... money for Cryptic to make... if they'd just let us do it without all the frustration. Doing reputation once is enough.
I cant agree more with all of this ^^

I WANT to make new toons, i WANT to buy new ships for them, but the thought alone of going through the WHOLE REP again, and again, and again, stops me from doing so

Which I SUSPECT Cryptic will eventually simply lose money on. Suit it yourself, dont listn to the playerbase, who cares these days.
Closed Thread