Career Officer
# 1 Anti-Tholian weapons
08-13-2013, 05:26 AM
I've been running the Tholian Incursion missions the last few days, but I can't stand the Anti-proton [Sonic] weapon I got out of a req box. The fire rate sucks. I'm used to nanite disruptor rifles with their steady beam, the anti-proton is more; pop. pop. pop. long charge Boom.

I haven't had any luck with new req boxes, just been getting LOTS of suits, so I'm about to hit the Exchange. What's the best Non-Anti-proton Anti-Tholian weapon for me to pick up?
Vice Admiral Damielle Zell, Commander of the ISS Kempton; "the Night Flier" to our Romulan and Reman Allies.
Lieutenant General Tallia, Commander of the IKS Sword of Chal
Vice Admiral D'marin, Commander of the RWW Raven, Survivor of Remus
Rear Admiral Anyara Jale, Commander of the USS Matt Franklin, Corps of Engineers
Captain
# 2
08-13-2013, 05:38 AM
advanced fleet weapons...which kind idk, but antiproton would have been a good choice. if you have a trait that gives plasma weapons 20% more abse dmg, then go for plasma.
But honestly aren't the [sonic] weapons very cheap on the exchange?

i personaly prefer split beam.
Go pro or go home
Empire Veteran
# 3
08-13-2013, 06:38 AM
The way a weapon fires has nothing to do with its energy type, but depends on what type of weapon it is (like pulsewave assault, split-beam rifle etc.).
Maybe look for a sonic antiproton weapon of a type you like.
- 18% -
Captain
# 4
08-13-2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by damzelltrill View Post
I've been running the Tholian Incursion missions the last few days, but I can't stand the Anti-proton [Sonic] weapon I got out of a req box. The fire rate sucks. I'm used to nanite disruptor rifles with their steady beam, the anti-proton is more; pop. pop. pop. long charge Boom.

I haven't had any luck with new req boxes, just been getting LOTS of suits, so I'm about to hit the Exchange. What's the best Non-Anti-proton Anti-Tholian weapon for me to pick up?
The CRM-2000 available from the breen arc. Despite all the new reputation weapons it still rules supreme.
Captain
# 5
08-13-2013, 06:45 AM
How much benefit should I expect from the "additional damage to tholians" DOFFs?
Captain
# 6
08-13-2013, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
How much benefit should I expect from the "additional damage to tholians" DOFFs?
5 or 10% extra damage if i recall correctly. In all honesty it is hardly noticeable.
Captain
# 7
08-13-2013, 07:20 AM
[Sonic] is a good damage boost but it's not like you'll ever need it. Your ground gear should be designed for anti-Borg work (or PvP, if you're into that). Everything else is a piece of cake.
Captain
# 8
08-13-2013, 07:22 AM
My Advanced Fleet Antiproton full-auto rifle seems to make short work of them. I wish I could attach my KHG grenade launcher to it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-13-2013, 11:31 AM
yeah you shouldnt need special anti anything weapons to be honest, advanced/elite fleet weapons cut most things apart no problem, although i do like my plasma flamethrower finally it's not much use on the borg(nor are most plasma weapons on the ground after the fire adaptation change)
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-14-2013, 07:39 AM
i assume its the ground weaposn you refer to, I find the sonic anti proton dual pistols work like a charm as does the Mk11 Omega weapon.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
I.R.W. Valdore gives 0 (132283) Radiation Damage to Tal'is with Thalaron Pulse. ==> Tal'is deals 132283 Special Damage to Tal'is with Immunity Matrix