Rihannsu
# 11
08-14-2013, 04:08 PM
I dont remember voting in this, so I'm not sure a room of a few hundred people using god knows what voting method counts for much.

Into darkness was a very good film. It's better than half of what went before it but unless people vote in the millions then its all just personal opinion.

And yes galaxy quest invalidates any credibility it has.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Insurrection cannot be beaten.
Rihannsu
# 13
08-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Hasn't the same sort of thing been said about pretty much every star trek film?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
08-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingtran2 View Post
Into Darkness was a good Action Sci-Fi Movie in General, just not a good Trek Movie. If a similar story and/or special effects are used in a movie that is not Star Trek IP, more people would have liked it
Exactly this. I'm not a JJ hater at all, But these reboots leave me missing the original crew and next gen crew more and more. They are fine movies, but they're not Star Trek to me.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-14-2013, 04:15 PM
I enjoyed Into Darkness.

Star Trek Generations on the other hand.... even these don't compare to just how pants it was.
Career Officer
# 16
I would've expected Into Darkness to be near the bottom, but at the very bottom? C'mon, it wasn't that bad...

...Galaxy Quest? Seriously?
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - FIX THE UI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Rihannsu
# 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1051 View Post
Exactly this. I'm not a JJ hater at all, But these reboots leave me missing the original crew and next gen crew more and more. They are fine movies, but they're not Star Trek to me.
I grew up watching TNG. TOS just kinda feels like a differnt show sometimes....

The point? New series just won't feel the same.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
# 18
08-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
The fact that Galaxy Quest is in the list shows how stupid the list is.

Yes the newest movie had its problems but I still would have less difficulty watching it then Star Trek The Motion Picture. Star Trek The Motion Picture is the most boring of them all.
I'm a devout devotee of TOS, but I must concur, Star Trek: The Motion Picture was really ... disappointing.

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) Praetor of the Tal'Diann/Tal-Diann
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal-Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
Captain
# 19
I went into Into Darkness (lol) with basement level expectations. I can say that I was pleasantly surprised with the result. I didn't like the first JJTrek movie but this one was well done.

Now if we want to compare it to previous movies... Theres a long list of worse ones.
Career Officer
# 20
The only two Star Trek movies that are not good are TMP and Nemesis. The rest are OK in some capacity- maybe not great for Star Trek, but they're good moveis, JJTrek especially.