Commander
The whole reason I want to do this is so I can make some Fleet specific missions that allow me and my fleet mates to do them and at the same time a story about our fleet unfolds for everyone in the fleet to RP with and that would include while doing the missions and the in between time.

Am I allowed to do this? Is the resource there to show a reasonable facsimile of your fleet star base, embassy, dilithium mine?

Of course these missions would be available for anyone to play but they would focus on a storyline I have been working on for my fleet.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-07-2013, 10:21 AM
The fleet interior and exterior maps (including embassy and dilithium mines) are sadly not in the Foundry. I was told once upon a time that they would be... no joy yet.

Here's what I would do. Since the starbase for instance is very large and you only regularly see a small portion of it, you can use some of the existing Federation-style (Or Klingon style if you're making these for a KDF fleet) interiors or make your own using the details, and say that you are on a different deck or a different part of one of the existing decks of your starbase. Then you can proceed to tell the story.

Space maps would be tricky since we don't have those either. For the mine you could set it, for instance, in a different part of the asteroid field and try to recreate what that system looks like with backdrops and such.

Short answer: not exactly so you'll have to get creative.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-07-2013, 10:27 AM
As a new author myself, the best advice I can give you is that when have a question, bring it to the forums. These guys and girls here have been huge in helping me and I suspect they will be to you too. Good luck!

"The time has come to see the world as it is." - Captain James T. Kirk
Twitter - @SDVargo
Commander
# 4
08-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the replies, it is slow going but I am starting to get a feel for using the foundry now.

First I started making simple missions like the ones you get in "Explore Strange New Worlds" and I am still working on simple stuff like that for now so I can learn how to do things properly before I start to put in a really involved story...
Career Officer
# 5
08-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Have you watched Kirkfat's back to basics series? It's a really good primer for new foundry authors.

I made a playlist of his nine part series here - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...jV66Ybd8Ws_39Q

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Think of it this way: you don't normally have the chance to customise your starbase, so having to set your mission in a different area of the fleet base, of your own devising, gives you an opportunity to do that. Would be fun if they ever found time to make it possible to customise the "real" base - my fleet's standard-issue sleek futuristic base always looks a little bit out of character, since we're based around the Firefly series...
Captain
# 7
08-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat140 View Post
Think of it this way: you don't normally have the chance to customise your starbase, so having to set your mission in a different area of the fleet base, of your own devising, gives you an opportunity to do that. Would be fun if they ever found time to make it possible to customise the "real" base - my fleet's standard-issue sleek futuristic base always looks a little bit out of character, since we're based around the Firefly series...
Please tell me you have the brown Coats they gave out in the winter event

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......