08-15-2013, 10:25 AM
6 minutes to go, prepare for patching.
Lieutenant
# 282
08-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtern1ty View Post
6 minutes to go, prepare for patching.
You can patch right now.. they enabled patching around an hour or two ago.
Survivor of Romulus
# 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskantrucker View Post
you r sooo correct. ours is a family of fleets. to many have restrictions and requirements. we believe in ppl rite to play how and when they want to.
99% of fleets are like this the rest are bank toons
Lieutenant
# 284
Still no clue about giveaway... You're 27 mins late brandon!
Career Officer
# 285
08-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ordoxenos View Post
I can't say that I like this move. I am a single leader in charge of a small fleet. We exist because the leader of our last fleet went AFK for 6 months and someone else grabbed power, changed the fleet name, description and kicked all the active fleet leadership out without consulting anyone in the fleet. I believe there should be an option for fleet leadership to disable this feature. I've worked long and hard for my fleet, I have over 3 million fleet credits, more than triple any other single player in the fleet. I don't see myself ever being inactive for 180 days but who knows. We've already had one hyjack attempt a few weeks back and now here's Cryptic essentially legalizing hijacks. No Thanks. Please allow fleets to Opt Out of this feature.
If anyone couls simply disable that feature, what would be the point of having it in the first place ? All fleet leaders would disable it and when one of those leaders leaves the game, no one can take over, ever. Fleet dead....
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Lt. Commander
# 286
08-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pweistheworst View Post

On that note, maybe it would be nice if a Gateway login counted as "activity" as well. That way if you're insanely busy life prevents you from playing the game for 6 months you can at least login to the Gateway and mess with one of your toons from a smartphone or tablet to avoid losing your position as a fleet leader.
I was wondering about this. Not that I plan to be out of game for any huge length of time. Does a Gateway login count as an in-game login?
Survivor of Romulus
# 287
08-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
If anyone couls simply disable that feature, what would be the point of having it in the first place ? All fleet leaders would disable it and when one of those leaders leaves the game, no one can take over, ever. Fleet dead....
could always move to another one not like u really loose anything u keep your fleet credits
Career Officer
# 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We are conducting our final checks as I type and will have you back in-game shortly!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

SHORTLY
is the new SOON.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by silkaverage View Post
you could have done that 2 hrs ago...like i did
Never a wise idea. Sometimes the early patch needs to be patched (like when Bran comes on, and tells us it's going to take 1 hour longer), and you could wind up with half a broken system (if the game erroneously has you flagged as already having done the patch). I simply always wait until the sever is officially open for business again, then download the patch.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 290
Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Closed Thread