Captain
# 1 Technicians
08-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Anybody wanna sell 3 purple technicians fed side
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 2
08-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Or you get them for free from doffing, save yourself 25m EC.
Captain
# 3
08-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Or you get them for free from doffing, save yourself 25m EC.
I don't understand how the whole Btran thing works
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 4
08-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Go to btran, do the colonial doff mission chain, crit the repeatables for purple tech doffs

If you don't care about ec, just blow it on the exchange and save time
Chive on and prosper

Anarchy Nexus recruitment thread
Captain
# 5
08-10-2013, 06:13 PM
To be specific, there is a series of seven DOff missions you must complete in B'Tran. They will be things like, 'look for a suitable settlement site,' 'send colonists,' 'send engineers to build a base,' etc. The end mission in the chain is an auto-success mission which provides a blue Technician (Borg Catian).

After this you need to attempt repeating missions every few days that are about helping colonization efforts. If you crit, you get what is basically a purple version of the DOff you got for the end of the chain. It will take several attempts to get all three purple technicians unless you're extremely lucky.

You will need patience and a number of colonists and commodities. Additionally you should probably at the very LEAST pick up the Flight Deck Officer you get for the Catian mission chain, the El Aurian "Guinan" bartender DOff, and (if you're a Feddie and have maxed out diplomacy) the purple Orion diplomat. These three are pretty powerful. Be careful NOT to put too many diplomats in there, and try to fill the mission roster with purples with critical success traits as much as you can - if you're a beginner this may be tough, but if you're persistent it will eventually pay off.

Remember you need to max out crit success chance - "success" doesn't cut it, and getting success traits after a point can in fact LOWER your chance of a crit success in favor of a regular (and less useful) regular success. However, for each attempt you get a refugee DOff which can be sold/sent on refugee exchanges/missions/etc., so it is not entirely for nothing.
Career Officer
# 6
08-15-2013, 09:49 AM
to slightly derail the conversation:

It appears aux2bat build is getting popular again for some reason (I been out for 12 months). So I'll just throw my thoughts on it:

While an interesting build for a cruiser eng/carrier sci (I run it on eng ody/bortas and sci recluse), it's kinda bothersome style of gameplay: you keep looking at your cooldowns all the time, trying to catch a perfect moment to hit a cd, rather than looking at actual things to fire. The most negative experience is when ping is around 100 - 200 (usually for me), cd button press doesn't always connect. So you just have to keep pressing until it connects.

So instead of tacs running around looking for more things to shoot at, you're looking at your cd window... which is rather boring...

Just my 2 cents.

And as ppl said do the colonisation of all the nebulas, there are plenty of good rewards in there. If you set your mind to it you can finish it up within a week.
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Career Officer
# 7
08-16-2013, 01:19 AM
with the new elachi patch, prices are down to 3 mil a pop for purple tech doffs for aux2batt...