Commander
# 21
08-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Oh, aren't you an entitled soul
calling someone entitled for stating the fact that the person is a greedy packrat - when that is exactly what that person is, doesn't make you look too bright
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
08-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
Tactical Consoles will always be in demand regardless of whether Fleet Tactical Consoles become available IMO.
That entirely depends on what tactical consoles we get from the fleet system.

If we get tactical consoles equivalent to current XII purples for 10k dil and 20k fleet credit (or however much the embassy/mine consoles cost) then the current console market would crash because the demand would shoot down.

I suspect we'll get some form of prefire chamber and beam consoles with perks. They could easily make them comparable to "current-gen" high end tac consoles.

Who would pay 40m for a console when they can get one for 20k dil?
Career Officer
# 23
08-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Not sure if joking or...?
I like that symbol, the Federation melded together with the Raptors Wings, would make a pretty nifty Fed-Rom combadge..... just sayin
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruccy View Post
you might like to consider this before you go mad with consoles . very slowly but surely fleet vendors are making mk 12 consoles obsolete and its not a far stretch of the imagination that tactical consoles will be next
This seems to be a sad truth so far. In my experience I see many M.M.O. die because of this disease, normally known as bind and grind clone and drone syndrome (BGCDS) , Or also know as raid gear or non random loot gear (in sto case fleet gear) and random loot gear go into a major imbalance in viability.

I'm hoping the STO team set a new trend for MMOs and keeps the balance required. Saving grace will be if they ever raise the LVL cap to Fleet Admiral making Fabrication MK XIV, but its main reason why I'm only willing to pay 500k each for Artifacts at this time when buying in bulk at 500 pieces.

Last edited by osirisraa; 08-16-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Commander
# 25
08-16-2013, 04:03 AM
Quote:
I'm hoping the STO team set a new trend for MMOs and keeps the balance required.
So that you can keep buying artifacts cheap (sometimes, as in this post, below market rate, when you can find someone who doesn't know what they're really worth) and crafting/flipping them for X00% profit? Yes, I'm sure you do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
08-16-2013, 04:30 AM
[Redacted]

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day

Last edited by sunfrancks; 08-16-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
I have a few thousand each of Shapeshifting lockets and Jevonite.
Would you be open to selling?
Captain
# 28
08-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Like some other person said, Strange Alien Artifacts have their days counted until fleet TAC consoles come out. If someone can sell that many, I would unload them. With Eng and Sci Mk xii purple consoles being rendered practically junk, it's harder to make a profit off console building. Cryptic has been on a EC value destroying rampage for a couple of months now. They are pushing everyone into a FC+Dil economy.
Career Officer
# 29
08-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
Cryptic has been on a EC value destroying rampage for a couple of months now. They are pushing everyone into a FC+Dil economy.
And I am completely accepting of this. A Fleet Credit and Dilithium economy is accessible to everyone WITHOUT having to treat STO like a second job, or without having to spend ridiculous amounts of real-life currency to convert to credits (selling keys or participating in the box lottery) or grinding credits through drops.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If your post is anything like: 'I have a sandwich so YOU can't be starving,' it's time to rethink posting."

-thlaylierah
Empire Veteran
# 30
08-17-2013, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
And I am completely accepting of this. A Fleet Credit and Dilithium economy is accessible to everyone WITHOUT having to treat STO like a second job, or without having to spend ridiculous amounts of real-life currency to convert to credits (selling keys or participating in the box lottery) or grinding credits through drops.
If Cryptic really wanted to kill EC they would make it so that we could still sell our lock box and Lobi Store items freely but only for GPL