Captain
# 11
08-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Idea would never get implemented, cryptic would loose heaps of cash from zen sales if everyone could fly everyone else's ship in a fleet.
Republic Veteran
# 12
08-15-2013, 08:35 PM

The fleet starbase has a hangar that can only be filled with 'fleet version' ships that are acquired through starbase projects that can only use fleet gear and access to the ships is a fleet owner selectable feature for what ranks have access to the hangar? Sounds like it would make people spend real world money to trade Zen for Dil to acquire this feature.
Lieutenant
# 13
08-16-2013, 06:45 AM
More like, if somebody wants to test a ship they are considering buying, or if I'm feeling generous and want to let my fleet officers or just one or two players fly certain ships out of the nearly 20 in my collection, I would select who I want each ship to be available to(example: I want to make my Excelsior-class available to one of my fleet co-leaders, but let any of the fleet's officers be able to access my Intrepid-class. Whoever has the ship available can find it in their ship selector until I decide to not make it available or, if equipped with a timer, when that timer runs out.) If they like what they're flying, but want to try one of their own builds, that's $$$$$$$$ for Perfect World/Cryptic/CBS or whoever gets the money when we buy zen and subscriptions.
Lieutenant
# 14
08-16-2013, 06:46 AM
and, since the ships are getting shared, not sold or given, I'd be the only one with authorization to modify what weapons, consoles, etc. are installed because they're my ships.