Commander
# 81
08-14-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris919uk View Post
Then you're either very lucky or haven't changed that uniform via the tailor in a while. Is it possible you're using the All Good Things ones? Those and Troi's are the only ones that don't have a texture issue.

DS9, Next Gen Movie and Next Gen series all have a mismatched dirty texture for the trousers and what looks like a black rip on both lower legs.
Is it possible that I am using the All Good Things ones... No, that is impossible as I have not bought that costume pack...most of my zen goes toward buying ships or more character slots! Also, I only JUST added the pants in question recently when the DS9 stuff was free!
Captain
# 82
08-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giannicampanella View Post
Let no one misunderstand: these two ostensibly minor bugs have ruined all the standard canon Fed uniforms. TOS and TNG costumes have no consistent quality whatsoever. And where they might have gone unnoticed, this giveaway has put a giant microscope on both of them. Brilliant job. Great way to sell a Trek MMO!
I don't want to troll, but they just don't care about it.

They obviously are more occupied to make new lockbox stuff that doesn't have to do anything with trek, instead of fixing the much more iconic stuff. Thats obviously how things work at a MMO, releasing new "exiting" stuff for MMO players is always is more important than things that Star Trek fans care about.

Of course if you use the academy uniform trousers you can get a similar result but thats not the point, they should fix the TNG trousers, and the TOS boots finally.
What kind of Star Trek game is this, where the real important things get ignored for the sake of stuff that only has little to do with Star Trek?

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

The "TT and/or AtB less builds" - Thread
Rihannsu
# 83
08-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
...they just don't care about it...
In my opinion, I honestly don't think they "just don't care". Rather, I think they have "more important" things to put their resources towards. And if that means their devs work on Lockbox stuff to make more money for the company, then that's what they'll do.

Costumes are unfortunately back-burner compared to making money.

I don't like it, but there ya go.

I'll continue to keep the costume issues alive, so they don't get forgotten while on that back-burner. It's really all we can do.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 84
08-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Costumes are unfortunately back-burner compared to making money.
Costumes could be a huge money maker as well, especialy if they split packs up and sell each item seperatly Or in packs. Many players would like o have X item out of a pack but not everything else and 550 zen for just that single item is not worth the cost. break them up and each part gets an individual lower price and they would make far more sales just from those who wont buy the full set.

Once you have individual parts being sold then introduce a new one each month until theres a complete set then put complete set up so players that join after they are sold can either buy the full set or individual parts.

Add a new acessory category, capes, belts, badges, jewelry, hats and so on and so on.... can be sold. leave these as individual items but character only unlocks. and then have a group of 6 items that are account unlock.

They could make more money this way than they do with new C-store ships.

*Edit,
According to the patch notes that just went up...

"The bottom of the TNG split bottom pants have been smoothed out."

Curious if they go the color fixed too.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.

Last edited by jetwtf; 08-14-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Rihannsu
# 85
08-14-2013, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
...According to the patch notes that just went up...

"The bottom of the TNG split bottom pants have been smoothed out."

Curious if they go the color fixed too.
Based on what I'm seeing on Tribble the Split Bottom pants are fixed (wrinkles and colors/texture).

Still can't get Soft Boots though.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Career Officer
# 86
08-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Thanks for finding the time to fix these Cryptic.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Lt. Commander
# 87
08-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Thank you SO much! I can buy some stuff from the store now!

Best MMO out there.
Rihannsu
# 88
08-16-2013, 09:30 AM
I confirmed last night. TNG Split Bottom pants are fixed.

Woot!

Closed Thread