Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Flotilla
Login

Commander
Why everyone who bought the scimitar feels discriminated ?
I saw everywhere threads of protest against this ship.

Someone complains about the Thalaron Pulse, someone else complains about it being so squishy.

why you bought it ?
I love the Scimitar, I started as a romulan only to get a Scimitar, but when they released it, i didn't bought it.

I knew it wasn't a good ship.
Too squishy, too big and with low turn rate.

it is probably one of the worst ship in the game, and I knew it.
I said it about 20 times in various threads, but no one believed me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-17-2013, 12:24 PM
That escalated quickly.

I bought it because I'm Reman and I want to fulfill a theme of rebellion. Shinzon gave a spread of inspiration throughout the Reman and showed everyone they're more than slaves and shock troops.

Also, if you want a challenge, buy this ship and become a tactical marvel - hitting those key moments with the Pulse.

Squishy? Nope. People just expect to stand still with a huge ship and expect the ship to take all the punishment. I can agree on the secondary shield to be rather useless, but it's useful when it comes to that little extra time for your pulse to load and your front shields to hold a little longer than normal.

If you are in trouble.. CLOAK. Get away from the fight, recuperate and come back with fire in your eyes.
Captain
# 3
08-17-2013, 12:31 PM
1-Bought the entire pack. Do not feel discriminated at all.

2-Has it's issues but it is in no way a bad ship. Quite the opposite, it's really good.

3-Low turn rate? Don't notice. I'm used to slow turning cruisers, so the Scimitar is fast, from my perspective.

Since I enjoy changing my game every now and then, at the moment I'm not using it because I wanted to play the D'Deridex and improve my build, but I will get back to the Scimitar, no doubt about it, to improve on it as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-17-2013, 12:36 PM
I used to play my Romulan all the time. I got the Scimitar 3 pack. I didn't buy it blindly, I never expected it to be an "I win" ship. Like any ship it has flaws.

Its very much how you fly the ship. Cloaked barrage to soften up the target, pop a weapon battery, decloak and finish them off. Then recloak and get out of dodge. Making sure not to use all 3 consoles is a smart move. You tend to gimp your build if you use all of them imho.

Scimitar in terms of firepower is quite overkill if built correctly, Falchion is seriously tanky at the loss of some DPS. Tulwar I never bothered to fly so I can't comment.

Playing a Romulan taught me one thing, that I didn't like most of their ships. Fleet T'varo is still a lot of fun mind you. But KDF is for me, I love my Battlecruisers.

"You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
Commander
# 5
08-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Well, the consoles are pretty unusefull, I think.
But I meant that the Scimitar isn't worth 25$ or 50$.

I fly an Ha'Feh (not the fleet version) and I love it.
It can take a lot of damage, and deals a lot of damage.

I think that the Ha'Feh would be better than a Scimitar, and the Ha'Feh doesn't cost 25$.
Captain
# 6
08-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzonisback View Post
Well, the consoles are pretty unusefull, I think.
But I meant that the Scimitar isn't worth 25$ or 50$.

I fly an Ha'Feh (not the fleet version) and I love it.
It can take a lot of damage, and deals a lot of damage.

I think that the Ha'Feh would be better than a Scimitar, and the Ha'Feh doesn't cost 25$.

Have you actually used a Scimitar?
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris919uk View Post
I didn't buy it blindly, I never expected it to be an "I win" ship. Like any ship it has flaws.
I think it is an "I win" ship - in PvE anyway - although I think that's really down somewhat to availability of items like the Valdore console. I don't run any of the scimitar consoles because frankly I don't need secondary shields, can face-tank pretty much anything without having to soften it up with a preliminary cloaked barrage, and although some players love popping in and out of stealth to take advantage of the damage boost, I find that in those fews seconds of them not firing, my continued damage output outweighs the bonus they get when they pop back out again. The hangar is really just the icing on the cake, especially running drone ships which are frankly overpowered. The thing is a monster, and everything else I've flown since getting my hands on it has been lackluster by comparison.

I'm actually at the point where I think I'm going to force myself only to fly it when I run the crystalline elite (easy 1st place in it) - I've been playing around with the Monbosh quite a bit, and whilst it doesn't come close to meeting the high benchmark that the scimitar has set, I've been having a lot of fun with it. The only thing that nags me is that the subspace transceiver console is pretty much junk - it's a nice idea in theory, but frankly they should have just given both Elachi ships a hangar that could only slot the control/support craft combo. Hopefully they'll take a look at it, but mine's sitting in the bank because as it stands the ship suffers for using it.
Captain
# 8
08-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talaj View Post
I think it is an "I win" ship - in PvE anyway - although I think that's really down somewhat to availability of items like the Valdore console. I don't run any of the scimitar consoles because frankly I don't need secondary shields, can face-tank pretty much anything without having to soften it up with a preliminary cloaked barrage, and although some players love popping in and out of stealth to take advantage of the damage boost, I find that in those fews seconds of them not firing, my continued damage output outweighs the bonus they get when they pop back out again. The hangar is really just the icing on the cake, especially running drone ships which are frankly overpowered. The thing is a monster, and everything else I've flown since getting my hands on it has been lackluster by comparison.

I'm actually at the point where I think I'm going to force myself only to fly it when I run the crystalline elite (easy 1st place in it) - I've been playing around with the Monbosh quite a bit, and whilst it doesn't come close to meeting the high benchmark that the scimitar has set, I've been having a lot of fun with it. The only thing that nags me is that the subspace transceiver console is pretty much junk - it's a nice idea in theory, but frankly they should have just given both Elachi ships a hangar that could only slot the control/support craft combo. Hopefully they'll take a look at it, but mine's sitting in the bank because as it stands the ship suffers for using it.
I have to strongly disagree with you on the cloaking damage boost part

The 25% boost is to all damage not base ALL damage so I cloak wait 5 seconds then when I de cloak I get 15 seconds of 25% boost I can't see you doing that sort of damage in 5 seconds
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 9
08-17-2013, 04:30 PM
my opinion as a tactical captain: ITS FREAKING AWSOME!
i have all three consoles, and this is what i do.
cloak and dagger tactic:
enable all your offensive, de-cloak, COMPLETELY destroy your enemy in SECONDS,(also goes for dreadnought type enemies) re-cloak, repeat until no one remains.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-17-2013, 09:34 PM
I do love the opinion of somebody who has never experienced it and just looks at the stats.

Doesn't it turn as good as a Sovereign? And much better when your in cloak? With +turn Neutronium consoles you can boost it up to 10 out of cloak and that's enough for my DHC KDF Cruiser build.

The biggest quirk (not Quark or flaw) with the ship is the Thalaron Pulse is a 3 console bonus, and it's worth it in PVE (Especially as a big bad Scimitar) but not in PVP.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.