Career Officer
# 21 Similar to Clanbase
08-17-2013, 02:45 PM
I used to play Counterstrike and there used to be a leaderboard type system from a company calling it clanbase with 1vs1 and team play leader board with verification by screnshots or using Fraps or equivalent. This sounds like a good idea
Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
- Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
Career Officer
# 22
08-18-2013, 11:27 AM
I've been running this forin all PvP matches. after launching and starting, all you need to do is remember to turn on your combatlog. It'll upload for you... just check the site once in a while to see your progress.

I particularly like the utility and style theories, as I understand them.

Extremely easy to use... well done bud...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Ensign
# 23
08-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Are people interested in player-driven PVP leaderboards?

If it was necessary to combatlog every match (which means that you have to enter "/combatlog 1" each time you restart the STO client) and then automagically report aggregate match data, would you be willing to suffer through the inconvenience of having to start your combatlog once per gaming session and running an automated and stripped down version of a combatlog parser?

Here is a prototype: http://hilbertguide.com/leaderboard/

Contact me, if you want to help test it.
I'd be happy to help anytime, and I've got friends that would be happy to help too.

Contact me in-game anytime, @kirkfollower24
-- Supreme Snoo Kirkfollower24--
~The House of Snoo~
~The Grim Reapers~
~Black Op Armada~
Career Officer
# 24
08-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0h4n4 View Post
I used to play Counterstrike and there used to be a leaderboard type system from a company calling it clanbase with 1vs1 and team play leader board with verification by screnshots or using Fraps or equivalent. This sounds like a good idea
That brings back memories. Clanbase used to run loads of Medal of Honour tourneys too.

There really needs to be a spectator option in PVP, don't give them the ability to talk in Zone or Local, but let them watch from the same viewpoints as actual players and maybe an option to just zoom about freely. It's been in MMO's for donkeys years.
Career Officer
# 25
08-19-2013, 01:50 PM
The current list shows a good mix of Tac/Sci/Eng at the top, so maybe the rating algorithm is somewhat acceptable.
http://hilbertguide.com
Commander
# 26
08-20-2013, 08:15 AM
Mhhh i noticed while pugstomping rating goes up significantly fastr then when up against a good team and yourself in the minority.

I suggest to prevent abuse and warp out on matches you think will be bad for ya rating should somehow be prevented.

Hard to normaliZe this though..

But yeah i agree the list seems decently accurate so far. I love this program

Dammit hanks sci pwns my tac now xD

Last edited by masterkeychnk5; 08-20-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Commander
# 27
08-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkeychnk5 View Post
Dammit hanks sci pwns my tac now xD

Hehe

Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some pew pew PVP action!
Career Officer
# 28
08-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkeychnk5 View Post
Mhhh i noticed while pugstomping rating goes up significantly fastr then when up against a good team and yourself in the minority.
This is indeed difficult to accurately capture, especially since I still don't have team detection in the client. There is already a dampening factor that should prevent too much point loss if you go up a against a superior team that picks on you way more than on your team mates, but so far there is nothing to punish you for being "too good". It's not entirely trivial to decide if you were simply amazing or the other team was truly bad.

There is data that I can (and intend to) use to reduce the problem a bit. Currently the importance of individual matches for the overall score is given by taking averages with the match duration as weights. I could apply some kind of exponential function to further increase the importance of long matches over short ones; also I could give matches with many kills (close to 30 in total, thus indicating a balanced score) a higher weight in the averaging process; the same goes for matches with a high overall dps/hps score which then indicates that all players were good.

But a different averaging of the individual results doesn't fully solve the problem. While it makes longer/better matches more important, it still leaves the situation where a players decides to only participate in pugstomps - if every match is the same, the weights won't change anything. To do something against that, I could apply penalties for onesided matches, but that would also hurt players who are genuinely good and perform outstandingly even against good opponents and achieve decisive wins.

The last way out which requires much more data than I currently have and which is probably only possible for weekly/monthly lists is to only include matches which look as if they were balanced and simply discard everything else. But that could still punish players/groups who are simply significantly better than everyone else (think: the TSI-QEW 15-0 tournament matches would not have been rated because they were too onesided...).
http://hilbertguide.com
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
This is indeed difficult to accurately capture, especially since I still don't have team detection in the client. There is already a dampening factor that should prevent too much point loss if you go up a against a superior team that picks on you way more than on your team mates, but so far there is nothing to punish you for being "too good". It's not entirely trivial to decide if you were simply amazing or the other team was truly bad.

There is data that I can (and intend to) use to reduce the problem a bit. Currently the importance of individual matches for the overall score is given by taking averages with the match duration as weights. I could apply some kind of exponential function to further increase the importance of long matches over short ones; also I could give matches with many kills (close to 30 in total, thus indicating a balanced score) a higher weight in the averaging process; the same goes for matches with a high overall dps/hps score which then indicates that all players were good.

But a different averaging of the individual results doesn't fully solve the problem. While it makes longer/better matches more important, it still leaves the situation where a players decides to only participate in pugstomps - if every match is the same, the weights won't change anything. To do something against that, I could apply penalties for onesided matches, but that would also hurt players who are genuinely good and perform outstandingly even against good opponents and achieve decisive wins.

The last way out which requires much more data than I currently have and which is probably only possible for weekly/monthly lists is to only include matches which look as if they were balanced and simply discard everything else. But that could still punish players/groups who are simply significantly better than everyone else

(think: the TSI-QEW 15-0 tournament matches would not have been rated because they were too onesided...).
You aren't using that as an example moreso as an excuse to gloat instead. I know I can tell despite what you are going to say next to bs us. Nobody here buys your bs anyway!
Commander
# 30
08-20-2013, 04:49 PM
I have been using your new parsing tool for a couple of days now, I'll give you some feedback regarding my observations soon.

Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some pew pew PVP action!