Survivor of Remus
The art team for STO has given us so much awesome stuff over the years. I cannot thank you enough for all the hard work you've done to create an environment where players can really immerse themselves in the Star Trek universe.

However, there is one area of art/immersion where STO really, REALLY needs help:

We need more control over the crew inside our starships.

I know this is not the first post discussing this issue and it probably won't be the last, but there are a MINIMUM of two things that need to be added to STO in terms of crew controls:

1. Players should be able to control which BOffs appear on the bridge and ONLY those selected BOffs should appear on the bridge.
  2. Players should have the ability to select a "male crew uniform" and a "female crew uniform" so that any NPC crew on the lower decks are wearing the uniform that the player wants them to wear.

There are other things that would be "nice to have" like the ability to see our actual DOffs on the lower decks rather than just a random sampling of NPC crew members, but the two items listed above are really the BIG issues that prevent players from feeling like our ship is actually OUR SHIP and not just some lame default filler content.

Please, Brandon and the rest of the art team, we hope you'll do whatever you can to make these changes possible ... as soon as possible.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."
Career Officer
# 2
08-17-2013, 05:09 AM
This is something the player base wants since launch of the game.
Career Officer
# 3
08-17-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pweistheworst View Post
We need more control over the crew inside our starships.
May I suggest a Feringi Energy Whip? Works wonders on my Excelsior crew.
Survivor of Remus
# 4
08-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Something I really hate about the current bridge mechanic is that there appears to be no reason behind how it works. One time I visit my bridge and all my BOffs are there ... the next time I visit the bridge only one BOff is there and the rest of the bridge crew are randomly generated NPC "filler crew" wearing the lame standard uniforms.

MOST of what we see in the Trek television shows and films happens INSIDE ships so it's really off-putting to see the experience of our ship interiors handled in this way.

It seems like the only ship interior that was done really well is the TOS Enterprise interior ... but even that isn't perfect since the crew members who offer DOff missions appear wearing the default 25th century uniforms rather than the TOS uniforms.

Bottom line, let the player control which BOffs are on the bridge and let us select the uniforms for the NPC filler crew.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Support.
10chars.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 6
08-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pweistheworst View Post
Players should have the ability to select a "male crew uniform" and a "female crew uniform" so that any NPC crew on the lower decks are wearing the uniform that the player wants them to wear.
Plus the option to choose the colors for each division. And being able to choose which species the crew will draw from would be great too.
Captain
# 7
08-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
May I suggest a Feringi Energy Whip? Works wonders on my Excelsior crew.
What you need is agonizers and agony booths

Delta Rising is da best expansion evar and da playerz love it