Republic Veteran
The devs are not fixing their glitches. I've been timed out from simply changing maps to even signing back on.

What is wrong with you devs? Don't you wanna make money?
Ensign
# 2
08-17-2013, 11:37 PM
I definitely regret my lifetime sub. The glitches in the game are a joke. They are just concerned about making lockboxes, not fixing the bugs.
Republic Veteran
# 3
08-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadolok View Post
I definitely regret my lifetime sub. The glitches in the game are a joke. They are just concerned about making lockboxes, not fixing the bugs.
The teams that make Lockboxes and the teams that fix bugs are two completely different teams. So don't even go there.

I'm not trying to make an excuse for the glitches that are left untended (from SEASON ONE!), but I am saying that you can't blame the Lockbox Team for what the Glitch Team is failing at.
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Ensign
# 4
08-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarikun View Post
The teams that make Lockboxes and the teams that fix bugs are two completely different teams. So don't even go there.

I'm not trying to make an excuse for the glitches that are left untended (from SEASON ONE!), but I am saying that you can't blame the Lockbox Team for what the Glitch Team is failing at.
i totally agree and i think the glitches are terrible but we shouldn't blame the lock box team for them
Career Officer
# 5
08-18-2013, 12:46 AM
Lol of course you can blame cryptic alltogether for that. They decide how many programmers work on a specific task and how many programmers there are in total.

I dont understand how anyone can defend cryptic when its as obvious as it is that they just dont care about "small" bugs, only the big gamebreaking ones. I mean we habe LoR now for like 3 month now and still the start screen is heavily bugged. So whenever i log in the first thing i see after the "CRYPTIC" screen is a bugged as hell character selection screen that reminds me of exactly that fact. Cryptic just doesnt care for stuff thats not directly related to making money.

And pls spare me the "they are a business, they must make money"-speech. Of course they need to make money but at some point when you do make profit you with software you are supposed to use some of that income to improve and fix bugs. I spend a lot of money on this game and i'm glad to support it but what i'm not happy with is when i feel like all the money i spend here is going into the pockets of pwe or whoever and thats it. I in my shame must admit i expected them to make more content and make other stuff that everyone wants but thats maybe a bit of the "money making" track. But as CaptainGecko and Dan Stahl said in so many interviews: money money money
Republic Veteran
# 6
08-18-2013, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsteward View Post
Lol of course you can blame cryptic alltogether for that. They decide how many programmers work on a specific task and how many programmers there are in total.

I dont understand how anyone can defend cryptic when its as obvious as it is that they just dont care about "small" bugs, only the big gamebreaking ones. I mean we habe LoR now for like 3 month now and still the start screen is heavily bugged. So whenever i log in the first thing i see after the "CRYPTIC" screen is a bugged as hell character selection screen that reminds me of exactly that fact. Cryptic just doesnt care for stuff thats not directly related to making money.

And pls spare me the "they are a business, they must make money"-speech. Of course they need to make money but at some point when you do make profit you with software you are supposed to use some of that income to improve and fix bugs. I spend a lot of money on this game and i'm glad to support it but what i'm not happy with is when i feel like all the money i spend here is going into the pockets of pwe or whoever and thats it. I in my shame must admit i expected them to make more content and make other stuff that everyone wants but thats maybe a bit of the "money making" track. But as CaptainGecko and Dan Stahl said in so many interviews: money money money
Actually, of note, PWE pulls the major strings these days above Cryptic. And you can bet that they pulled the strings on "Lockboxes", since those came from PWE games. "You will put X people on this project to develop Lock Boxes, to make us more money!"

Nonetheless, blame who you want. It's your call. I'm just making a point.
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Career Officer
# 7
08-18-2013, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayonettawiccan View Post
The devs are not fixing their glitches. I've been timed out from simply changing maps to even signing back on.

What is wrong with you devs? Don't you wanna make money?
I know I'm making 500 ZEN a month and money from no monthly sub.

But you still don't not hear me complaining.

* sprays server with Raid *

OUT DAMN BUGS!!!
Join Date : September 2010. Still boldly going forward because Cryptic couldn't be bothered to install reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who know me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-18-2013, 06:42 AM
I understand the frustration you have since I'm having problems.

I yesterday submitted a support ticket explaining my problem and then categorically listed every troubleshooting step I have tried.

I got a response during the night from support. Not helpful at all as all it said to try was to try everything I had listed in the first place. They may have canned responses for certain issues however some common sense should have prevailed when everything they suggested had already been tried

The opinions expressed within my posts may not reflect those of yourself, or others. However in a world where free speech is still valued (mostly) I am entitled to them. Respect & mutual understanding are the first steps towards the human race solving its problems!