Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Flotilla
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 21
08-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmgtorres1979 View Post
Have you actually used a Scimitar?

What is going on in this thread. Are people seriously calling Scimitars underpowered and junky?

LOL.

Nice.
Lieutenant
# 22
08-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Quite like my beamboat scimitar
Very fun to fly, the only complaint i have with it is the inertia.
Captain
# 23
08-18-2013, 03:14 PM
The only problem I have with the Scimitar pack is that hull/shields sometimes get dropped ridiculously quick.
Captain
# 24
08-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Only thing I don't like about the Scimitar is that if you're flying alongside it and you're not running your own DPS ship there isn't anything for you to do. Its boring and un-fun how good that thing is.
This post... XD. Made my afternoon. I am inclined to agree. I often don't even bother to do anything anymore if I see a Tac Scimitar in an ESTF. I just sit back, shoot at things, and watch as it mows crap down like nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annah View Post
Quite like my beamboat scimitar
Very fun to fly, the only complaint i have with it is the inertia.
Been dying to try a beam Scimitar, but haven't gotten around to it yet (Romulan BOFFs are still stupidly expensive), and I agree completely. That inertia... I keep on overshooting EVERYTHING. It's worse even then my Odyssey... -.-

Everything else, GOLD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
The only problem I have with the Scimitar pack is that hull/shields sometimes get dropped ridiculously quick.
Yeah, still having this issue occasionally, but I am starting to realize it's as a result of everything and it's mother shooting at me. Oh wells XD.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
08-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
That's why it's the most deadly maneuvre in the whole of sto and why everyone and their granny uses a battle cloak

Using the boost with apa and fomm my dhcs crit for 20k so it pays to tcloak every now an again especially when apa is up off cool down
Reading comprehension ftw. You battle cloak when you aren't in position to continue firing on your main target(s). No one is saying you shouldn't battle cloak at all. The point is this: if you still have good targets when your ambush buff wears off, cloaking for 4s to get the buff again will net you less overall dps than the dps you will 'lose' for not having the buff for the next 15s.

Put another way: if you're firing continuously at some fat target, like a gateway, taking the time to interrupt your firing to battle cloak and get the ambush buff again will yield a net loss of dps.
Empire Veteran
# 26
08-19-2013, 09:12 PM
I have the tac scimitar.. Its a beast... Its also the ship I rarely see the respawn timer on.
And yea I use, DHCs and one DBB. After flying the bortasque on my KDF tac, this ship actually feels very nimble. I dont pvp, but in pve, this thing does credit to the original from the movie.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
We still live!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaa! We live and we will conquer!!!!! Hahahahahaaha!

-Roach, when asked about Klingon extinction!
Career Officer
# 27
08-25-2013, 11:46 AM
I don't know about you but I love my ship. It's been one of the best I've had thus far.

http://gateway.startrekonline.com/#c...ship-equipment
Lieutenant
# 28
08-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtran9906 View Post
I don't know about you but I love my ship. It's been one of the best I've had thus far.

A mine launcher and beams...sorry, you lost all credibility with me.
Career Officer
# 29
08-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaserfred View Post
A mine launcher and beams...sorry, you lost all credibility with me.
Everyone is quick to discredit the tractor mine launcher but after having been on the receiving end of it multiple times I soon learned its effectiveness.

You are more than welcome to challenge me to a duel.
Captain
# 30
08-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtran9906 View Post

Your entire build... I... I... You really should rethink it...

And yeah, I agree, you just lost all credibility. Period. Probably permanently... In all honesty... yeah, I feel your scimitar is more an insult to the ship than proof it's good...
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.