Captain
# 11
08-19-2013, 06:11 AM
Wait, generators shoot? I've never seen a generator shoot. Probes definitely shoot, though, and I see no reason why they should not shoot at you if you attempt to Thalaron them.
Survivor of Remus
# 12
08-19-2013, 07:22 AM
Yeah, the 4 generators that accompany the transformers will open fire on anything in range. They'll stop as soon as the thalaron blast's finished its cycle.
Captain
# 13
08-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syndonai View Post
Yeah, the 4 generators that accompany the transformers will open fire on anything in range. They'll stop as soon as the thalaron blast's finished its cycle.
Sounds pretty entertaining. I'll be sure to warn STORP's Scimitar captain.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Ensign
The Player's Scimitar Dreadnought's Thalaron Pulse indeed causes NPC reactions, for example:

-The Nanite Transformers and Generators in "Khitomer Vortex" shoot at you, their firepower varying upon their NPC rank, for example, Transformers have Cube-level firepower due to having the "Battleship" NPC Rank, while the Generators have probe-level firepower due to "Frigate" NPC Rank, however, they will not move, they also do not gain shields.

-The Probes that arrive from the Gateways in "Khitomer Vortex" are typically on a fixated, unrelenting path to the Temporal Rift, they don't even shoot back at you should you attack them, however, they stray off-course and start behaving like standard probes if you activate the thalaron weapon with them in your arc range.

-Other Scripted NPCs break off-course and/or starting shooting whenever a thalaron pulse charges -- and they're in the 90 degree cone, this likely includes targets such as the Tholian Vault Weavers in "The Vault: Ensnared", The Assimilated Klingon Vessels in "The Cure Found", and The Nanite Probes/Spheres in "Infected: The Conduit"

-Borg Repair Hulks in the Ker'rat System, if caught in the 90 degree laser-light-show arc when a Thalaron weapon charges, will spontaneously act like standard cubes, even flying and moving like them, however, dispatching them may still be relatively easy due to their lack of shielding, even through this glitch.

Extra: The Gateways in "Khitomer Vortex" and "Infected: The Conduit" are, gameplay-wise, unchanged if the glitch happens to them, the gateways cannot move, and they naturally fire at enemy vessels anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndonai View Post
You are Correct and Incorrect, my friend, they do indeed start firing once the Cascading Biogenic Pulse begins it's sequence, but they do NOT stop... ..Unless destroyed, of course.

Anyway..

Overall, NPCs that are Scripted to follow a certain path or stay completely still and ETC will stop following such scripts if a Thalaron Generator is charged up with them in the Arc range.

To the Staff P.S: I SWEAR.. If i am messaged again about "Necroing an old thread" I am going to break someone's spleen and then EAT IT, Cryptic/PWE/Arc/Whatever, i am only trying to be Helpful to the community.. Even if i talk like an Encyclopedia Article, so what if i post a little too late?
Also: Why do Standard Scimitar Dreadnought NPCs no longer fire the Thalaron Pulse? PLEASE tell me that is a soon-to-be-fixed Glitch, i like my Thalaron VS Thalaron battles.
-Signed by the Regent Lord of the Derp Initiative

Last edited by cinderferno; 07-23-2014 at 01:11 AM.
Captain
# 15
07-23-2014, 11:28 AM
That HAS to be one of THE most idiotic things Cryptic has done to this game in AGES. And YES I'm including futzing over the doffing system several times and screwing up the doffing UI and making crafting into a money-making dil sink instead of a useful levelling tool.

Way to go, Cryptic. *golf clap* Way to go.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
07-23-2014, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderferno View Post

To the Staff P.S: I SWEAR.. If i am messaged again about "Necroing an old thread" I am going to break someone's spleen and then EAT IT, Cryptic/PWE/Arc/Whatever, i am only trying to be Helpful to the community.. Even if i talk like an Encyclopedia Article, so what if i post a little too late?
Also: Why do Standard Scimitar Dreadnought NPCs no longer fire the Thalaron Pulse? PLEASE tell me that is a soon-to-be-fixed Glitch, i like my Thalaron VS Thalaron battles.
Want to be helpful and follow the rules? Then make a new thread. It's not hard.
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}
Captain
# 17
07-23-2014, 02:08 PM
I think its intended. Its to make a clear statement that the consoles and especially the setboni arent worth the slots they take.

I always have to giggle when one gets taken out by the newly aggrod enemies without being able to fire the biggest Joke in Weaponhistory of STO^^

So, even if it is a bug, it should stay. Even if its just for my and others amusement.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Captain
# 18
07-24-2014, 01:45 PM
It's no joke when suddenly the equivelant of 4 TAC CUBES open fire on you point-blank. I'm sorry, but your statement is nothing more than a troll.

It's a massive bug because Cryptic can't be bothered to actually do things right. They have no QA whatsoever.
Ensign
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Want to be helpful and follow the rules? Then make a new thread. It's not hard.
No, it isn't hard, but neither is posting in an Old Thread, Again, So what if i post a little too late?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
It's no joke when suddenly the equivelant of 4 TAC CUBES open fire on you point-blank. I'm sorry, but your statement is nothing more than a troll.

It's a massive bug because Cryptic can't be bothered to actually do things right. They have no QA whatsoever.
Indeed, they do not, and i think there is a massive truth to it.

I would say it here, but i have a feeling i'd completely Bend this Thread into a discussion which is completely Off-topic, let's just say i'm thinking Cryptic isn't doing stuff right because they're being commanded by.. *Spontaneous Drumroll*

A HIDDEN HAND! *DUN DUN DUUUUUN!!*

*ConspiracyTheoristFaceofDerpington*

*AlsoNoIAmNotJokingISeriouslyThinkThatIsTheCase*
-Signed by the Regent Lord of the Derp Initiative