Lieutenant
Summary: For the Fleet Duty Officer donation screen for Fleet projects, make the white doffs pre-selected (checked off) for donation rather than un-selected as current implemented.

Reason: Clicking is not fun. Donating doffs to Base, Embassy and Mine progression projects currently requires clicking each doff available for donation. This is 540 mouseclicks each day to fill the starbase progression projects alone in Tier 4.

Donors may continue to "save" doffs from donation by un-selecting them at the user interface screen.

Coding would hopefully be simple, requiring no redesign of the interface (like a donate all button might). It only requires having the selection box checked off by default.

Thank you.

Last edited by sulfrustriple; 08-16-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Commander
# 2
08-19-2013, 03:12 AM
It only shifts the problem to the other side...

With this system it is me that has to click "540 times" because only a few of my DOffs are going into the donation...
Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
Empire Veteran
# 3
08-19-2013, 04:19 AM
Add a slider, problem solved.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-19-2013, 06:32 AM
A slider won't allow you to choose which DOFFs specifically. I don't know of anyone who keeps common DOFFs and not donate them, but in this case, a "Donate All" button would be better.
Career Officer
# 5
08-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Its definitely an issue, most people don't help with donating Doffs because it is extremely time consuming.

180 ctrl clicks to buy Doffs, most people use 2 clicks because they don't know about ctrl.
180 clicks to open Doffs, most people double click because they don't know about the ui button
180 scroll clicks to donate them

It takes forever to do this daily, its 10 mins if you average 1s/click, and people that don't know the tricks take longer.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Rihannsu
# 6
08-19-2013, 01:04 PM
A UI redesign would be better; a simple select all. A Donate All one click would be helpful in some circumstances but would also cause you to use up all your Colonists for anything accepting Civilians.
Lieutenant
# 7
08-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssargon View Post
A UI redesign would be better; a simple select all. A Donate All one click would be helpful in some circumstances but would also cause you to use up all your Colonists for anything accepting Civilians.
Yes a redesign could solve this challenge. But my suggestion of all doffs being "pre-clicked" would hopefully require next to no coding or design effort for the developers. And as such, be much more likely to be implemented "soon."

I am pleased that others have similar feelings and desire improvements to this process. Simple solutions are best.
Community Moderator
# 8
08-23-2013, 12:34 PM
I am in the camp that does not want my doffs "pre-clicked". It's too easy to have an accident and overlook something you want to keep, or save for a different project.

I would much rather see them reduce or eliminate the number of doffs needed for certain projects. Not every fleet is big enough to contribute onesie-twosie and that's why this is an issue in the first place.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Rihannsu
# 9
08-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I am in the camp that does not want my doffs "pre-clicked". It's too easy to have an accident and overlook something you want to keep, or save for a different project.

I would much rather see them reduce or eliminate the number of doffs needed for certain projects. Not every fleet is big enough to contribute onesie-twosie and that's why this is an issue in the first place.
Ditto.... I don't have a roster of all purples... Some of my characters actually keep a few whites around because they don't have any other doffs of those specialties. Or in the case of Bartenders and Chefs, species.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 10
08-24-2013, 07:48 PM
I acknowledge your desire to be selective. I think the suggestion offered gives you that ability.

Also, bartenders, chefs, and such can not be donated to fleet starbase progression projects. Only tac, sci, or engineering categories are available. The mine and embassy would take civilians, which might simplify your attention to those projects only.

I might suggest purchasing a green version of the necessary white doffs since they would not be donatable. They are economical and would provide improved doff results (such as not dying on failure, and failing less) than your white crew.

These options help your circumstances, unless you feel it's better for every fleet to click 180 times per progression project, every day (whether it's one person's clicks or distributed amongst a fleet), rather than those players that are saving a white doff to unclick those one, two or other low number much less than 180? That's a difference of 180 clicks to a few unclicks or pursuing other options to take these white officers out of rotation.

I also agree that a lower need for white duty officers would be enormously welcome, but that is not the subject of this thread.

Thank you for your comments.

Last edited by sulfrustriple; 08-24-2013 at 11:21 PM.