Captain
Commander
# 362
07-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Absolutely mate!

Persistent Foundry

Thanks! I will do that as soon as I get on! btw, if you'd like, I can give you updates on when my series will be published!
Captain
# 363
07-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Hi all,

Perhaps I need to postpone this for a while.

Try as I may I have not been having any luck getting Foundry editor working without it crashing my instance.

Perhaps as soon as stability has returned to the Foundry I can pick this up.

Please would all those still interested in PS subscribe to the "Persistent Foundry" channel so we can stay in touch.
Commander
# 364
07-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Yeah, there IS a notable bug in the Foundry editor. I believe that Cryptic/PWE is working on a fix right now!
Captain
# 365
07-13-2013, 06:32 PM
This is just my quick thoughts/rambles. I was thinking about the Foundry earlier today while shopping.

Players can pay money or time to get the best gear, best ships, best characters... essentially, they could pay (or play) to win.

Yet, no matter how much money I could be dumping into the Foundry... I still wouldn't be able to even use the darn thing without dropping to 10 FPS, or get a mission out without 5.6k errors.

This is how horrendous the Foundry has become. I can't be successful in publishing a mission, and there isn't anything I can do about it. Oh, and Costume Import is gone now too. So we're losing features and functionality here, and even though my wallet is open for Cryptic's Foundry to take advantage of, I can't do anything to get this mission done on time before I leave in September.

Cryptic. Foundry is getting fat and incapable. Hire a personal trainer to get it back in shape.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Survivor of Romulus
# 366
07-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
This is just my quick thoughts/rambles. I was thinking about the Foundry earlier today while shopping.

Players can pay money or time to get the best gear, best ships, best characters... essentially, they could pay (or play) to win.

Yet, no matter how much money I could be dumping into the Foundry... I still wouldn't be able to even use the darn thing without dropping to 10 FPS, or get a mission out without 5.6k errors.

This is how horrendous the Foundry has become. I can't be successful in publishing a mission, and there isn't anything I can do about it. Oh, and Costume Import is gone now too. So we're losing features and functionality here, and even though my wallet is open for Cryptic's Foundry to take advantage of, I can't do anything to get this mission done on time before I leave in September.

Cryptic. Foundry is getting fat and incapable. Hire a personal trainer to get it back in shape.
then when you've updated this... fix pvp
Commander
# 367
07-14-2013, 02:29 AM
Mine is working just fine, but as my laptop is being repaired, I am having to use my GF's low powered one to continue my editing... its like being a snail on a turtles back!
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Career Officer
# 368
08-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Today, while trying to cope with the Foundry being broken, I had an awesome idea to explore a derelict nanite built ship that was engaged by borg where my crew/characters discover that the bridge seems oddly Cardassian. (Since i could see that I could edit my story I thought that The other stuff worked as well....boy, was I wrong)

They in-turn discover that, on the bridge of the ship, the source of the telepathic messages being sent to random members of the crew are coming from a strange orb which is smack dab in front of the view screen. From a simple scan with your eyes, you could see that there is a station out of place which seems to have been used to examine the orb (beside which there is a containment unit which is used to block brain waves being emitted by the ord and making the crew go nuts). (Eventually they would find out that the brain patterns emitted by the orb are Betazoid.

BUT.....BUT!!! I can't flesh-out the damn ideas because my maps won't load. Or they take at least 9 minutes (yup you read that correctly) to resolve.
So I don't what to do guys. I really don't. If its frustrating for you guys to deal with these problems imagine what an artist like me feels when he can't write down his ideas.

At least I gave you an update concerning my story...
Career Officer
# 369
08-19-2013, 05:45 PM
To all of you working on this project who are dismayed by the slow load times.

there is a workaround.

Preview maps load very quickly if the workaround is used.

information can be found on a few threads here on these forums and also at StarbaseUGC.Com

The workaround has made the Foundry useable again.
You should definately check it out
Career Officer
# 370
08-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
To all of you working on this project who are dismayed by the slow load times.

there is a workaround.

Preview maps load very quickly if the workaround is used.

information can be found on a few threads here on these forums and also at StarbaseUGC.Com

The workaround has made the Foundry useable again.
You should definately check it out
A link would be nice, so we don't have to search everything.