Republic Veteran
Just wondering if there has been one created as of yet since their release. I'm currently using the Scimitar as an Engie for the five tac slots, and focus on an ambush type play style, yet I want better. So, have there been any inspired ideas lately that can help with this, or are their better options out there?

Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
Member since early 2011
Member of Lag Industries ~ http://lagfleet.enjin.com/
Empire Veteran
# 2
08-18-2013, 02:52 PM
trying to be a serious damage dealer wile being an eng captain is only setting yourself up for disappointment.

im a fan of my scim build in my pvp help thread though, its the best ive come up with, and works great
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 3
08-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
trying to be a serious damage dealer wile being an eng captain is only setting yourself up for disappointment.

im a fan of my scim build in my pvp help thread though, its the best ive come up with, and works great
I use drunks build and I can personally say that it is far superior to anything I could come up with

I can also however second the fact that even with 5 tac consoles as an eng trying to be a date dealer just can't be fun
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 4
08-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
I use drunks build and I can personally say that it is far superior to anything I could come up with

I can also however second the fact that even with 5 tac consoles as an eng trying to be a date dealer just can't be fun
Agreed. They're missing out on the Attack Pattern Alpha buff, the Tactical Fleet buff, AND the Go Down Fighting buff (which, while nerfed, is still of some use). The lack of the APA one is especially problematic, as it has the shortest cooldown and is quite a buff. Trying to burst-DPS using an engineer is not easy to do, they're just not designed for it. He'd be better off using a Sci or Tac for that role. . .the Sci at least has the option of subnuking and scanning, which will help with ambush alphastrikes.
tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
Career Officer
# 5
08-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracion666 View Post
Just wondering if there has been one created as of yet since their release. I'm currently using the Scimitar as an Engie for the five tac slots, and focus on an ambush type play style, yet I want better. So, have there been any inspired ideas lately that can help with this, or are their better options out there?
It's you! O_O

<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Republic Veteran
# 6
08-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talzerotwo View Post
It's you! O_O

It's me! . . . Who's me?

We'll, I'm not looking for the greatest amount of dps burst out there, I know as an Engie I'm limited on how much I can pump out. I was simply thinking more along the lines of survivability.

I had not thought they were going to put out a Scimitar bundle so soon, otherwise I would have rolled Tac, but o well. So, my follow up question would be, what can an Engie do in PvP?

Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
Member since early 2011
Member of Lag Industries ~ http://lagfleet.enjin.com/
Empire Veteran
# 7
08-19-2013, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracion666 View Post
I had not thought they were going to put out a Scimitar bundle so soon, otherwise I would have rolled Tac, but o well. So, my follow up question would be, what can an Engie do in PvP?
Well...

"Ask not what an engie can do in PvP, but what PvP can do for an engie"

...Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anywho, engies can do whatever they wish in PvP. Problem more is that an engie, outside of making sure you can keep yourself alive easier...can't really bring much that the other two classes can. You wouldn't be bringing an SNB, or APA, etc still.

I mean, engineers all the way for me, I love my Fed engineer, nothing will EVER make me quit playing it.

Though the whole 'engineers are not needed' thing is really just a part of a larger issue.

Captain
# 8
08-20-2013, 12:02 AM
Ok after searching for this link I now realise I use drunks build on 90% of my ships

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=821

This build will cost you a lot of ec for the doffs but once your have them they will make any ship with 2 lt. Engineers god like

Enjoy
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----