Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Commander
# 21
08-20-2013, 07:26 AM
When will we finally get some performance optimizations in this game? UI is so resource demanding atm, disabling it increases my frame rate by 30fps or so. Is it possible to run it on a 3rd cpu thread?

Also DX11 needs some optimization. It seems like since LoR got released DX11 performance has decreased ALOT. Do some tests on New Romulus Epoh field both DX9 vs DX11 is a whooping 25fps difference atm both on recommended settings.

(Shouldnt dx11 give a performance boost on new gpus like 670GTX?)
I tried newest beta driver and a very old one from January and doesnt chance a thing.

Might it be related to the new textures since LoR? I also notice an increased texture loading/blurring on dx11 with a 2GB ram vid card, it simply wont load all textures.( tried auto and 1024+ setting)

So yeah it seems the vid mem is capped at 800mb when using the /showmem 1 or whatever is called.

Thanks devs im hoping for some clarification on the matter.
Keep up the good work!

Last edited by masterkeychnk5; 08-20-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Career Officer
# 22
08-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
We brought down the Tribble server earlier for maintenance to apply a new update, ST.31.20130803a.9

General
  • The Elachi Monbosh Battleship has had its cloaking device removed.
    • Any ships that are already owned will have cloak removed.
    • Any ships that are purchased new will not have cloak.
  • The mail window has been updated to display a maximum of 300 mails.
  • The icons have been updated for all passive science, tactical and engineering consoles:
    • In addition to this, the following icons have also been updated:
      • The hyper-injection antimatter warp core icons are now based on the Defiant's warp core.
      • Field stabilizing antimatter warp cores now use the old hyper-injection warp core icons
      • Standard issue warp cores now use the old field stabilizing antimatter warp core icon
      • Standard issue Romulan singularity cores have new icons.
  • There are now proper messages when promoting and demoting leaders in a fleet.
  • The game window can no longer be smaller than 256x256 when playing in windowed mode.

Known Issues:
  • There is a new crash to desktop that may occur while using gateway.
Couple questions about the new display limit for the mail window.
1) Is it just a display limit or do mails past #300 get deleted?
2) With this new limit will you be reverting the change that has returned exchange sale items to be accompanied by a second message that only goes away when the mail containing the item is deleted?
Commander
# 23
08-20-2013, 09:02 AM
I've filed a bug report about this but thought I would post here as well.

When you patched to make it possible to buy up to 100 of "Large Shield Charge" and "Large Power Cell" it be came possible to buy 100 of the Shield Charges. However instead of 100 Large Power Cell it was set so that you could buy 100 MEDIUM Power Cells. There is no real need for Medium Power Cells, and not being able to buy 100 Large Power Cells at once is making Nukara rep annoying to supply. Needing 50 per project takes 3 purchases instead of 1.
Empire Veteran
# 24
08-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
2) With this new limit will you be reverting the change that has returned exchange sale items to be accompanied by a second message that only goes away when the mail containing the item is deleted?
I would also like to know this, for the sake of clarity before this change hits Holodeck.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
08-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
I've seen the new icons presented by Thomas. Most of them are great/improvements, I think.

However, it's too bad there was no consulting with the players before pushing them out... From that thread it seems most people (including myself) are not too keen on the icons for the Engineering Armor/Resistance consoles. The general consensus being that they look too alike. A similar complaint has been said about the Tactical Weapon Buffing consoles.
These have since been updated
Captain
# 26
08-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
[/list][*]The mail window has been updated to display a maximum of 300 mails.[/list]
well that's kind of unacceptable since I have AT LEAST 100 emails I cant delete and continue to get double and triple blank ones every time something comes off the exchange.

maybe if that problem was fixed the email system wouldn't be so bloated?
Rihannsu
# 27
08-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
These have since been updated
Yup. Thanks. Both the armors and tacticals have been updated. And I commented in that thread about the updates here and here (but since they hadn't been put to Tribble, I didn't in this thread).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 28
08-20-2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
This is just a display limit.
Ensign
# 29
08-20-2013, 03:47 PM
This is wrong you can't take away the cloak the whole reason I got the ship was for the cloak if this is how you will treat your life time players who spend money on the game I will take my money to a different game.
You don't buy a new car and have the dealer come back to you and say were taking windows off this model so now we gota take yours to be fair even tho you bought it because you wanted a care with windows. It should not have been on the lobi store or the lock boxes if you were not done changing the ship.... A very up set lifetime gold member player who has played since the game came out.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
08-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goatfarmersfarm4 View Post
This is wrong you can't take away the cloak the whole reason I got the ship was for the cloak if this is how you will treat your life time players who spend money on the game I will take my money to a different game.
You don't buy a new car and have the dealer come back to you and say were taking windows off this model so now we gota take yours to be fair even tho you bought it because you wanted a care with windows. It should not have been on the lobi store or the lock boxes if you were not done changing the ship.... A very up set lifetime gold member player who has played since the game came out.
Wow. I mean really, wow.

The dev blog mentioned no cloak.

The in-game descriptions mentioned no cloak.

On release day, within hours, the developers came onto the forum telling us it was a mistake which would be fixed ASAP. You must have known it wasn't intentional, Elachi have never had cloaks - much less battle cloaks.

You knew going into this it was a bug, and if you didn't, then you didn't think about it enough.