Career Officer
# 11
08-20-2013, 10:10 AM
I have a different problem:

I had bought the Starter Pack back when it first released for $19.99. Cryptic said that if you purchase the Legacy Pack later, you would only be charged the difference (because the Legacy Pack includes everything in the Starter Pack)

I was charged $159.99... I should have only been charged $140 ($159.99 - the $19.99 already paid in)

I am filing a billing ticket and expect either a refund of $19.99 or the addition of 2000 Zen to my account.

I am not going to be paying $179.98 for a $159.99 item.

-END OF LINE
Career Officer
# 12
08-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteandersen View Post
I have a different problem:

I had bought the Starter Pack back when it first released for $19.99. Cryptic said that if you purchase the Legacy Pack later, you would only be charged the difference (because the Legacy Pack includes everything in the Starter Pack)

I was charged $159.99... I should have only been charged $140 ($159.99 - the $19.99 already paid in)

I am filing a billing ticket and expect either a refund of $19.99 or the addition of 2000 Zen to my account.

I am not going to be paying $179.98 for a $159.99 item.

-END OF LINE
I can't remember them saying anything like that. Do you have a link to a post where Cryptic states that they only charge the difference ?
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Captain
# 13
08-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Just as an FYI, every place where this was mentioned by BranFlakes was in the LoR pre-order thread, and Brandon's response at that time was for people who bought the Starter Pack and the Legacy Pack to contact Billing and see if they would refund them the cost of the Starter Pack since they bought both - but the Starter Pack refund was not guaranteed.

I wish you luck in getting the Starter Pack refunded, but it was never something stipulated in the C-Store, in the LoR sales page, or by BranFlakes on the forum.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
# 14
08-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Legacy pack is available on Steam for far more appropriate conversion rates. VAT doesnt seem so much of an issue for them in keeping prices down.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Career Officer
# 15
08-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Just as an FYI, every place where this was mentioned by BranFlakes was in the LoR pre-order thread, and Brandon's response at that time was for people who bought the Starter Pack and the Legacy Pack to contact Billing and see if they would refund them the cost of the Starter Pack since they bought both - but the Starter Pack refund was not guaranteed.

I wish you luck in getting the Starter Pack refunded, but it was never something stipulated in the C-Store, in the LoR sales page, or by BranFlakes on the forum.
Like I said, I told them that they could choose to just add 2K Zen to my account; that way they still get the money that is equivalent, no need to deal with the credit card company to refund money and is an equitable solution because you cannot claim the Starter Pack twice, so paying twice for it is not fair to the customer.

The big thing with it is that you cannot use two Starter Packs. If you went to a store and bought item A, then later purchase Item B which has Item A included, you have two copies of Item A in which you can use both. Since we are dealing with virtual items which you cannot have multiples of on your account, it can be seen as paying twice and only receiving one item from a legal standpoint.

-END OF LINE
Captain
# 16
08-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Like I said, I told them that they could choose to just add 2K Zen to my account; that way they still get the money that is equivalent, no need to deal with the credit card company to refund money and is an equitable solution because you cannot claim the Starter Pack twice, so paying twice for it is not fair to the customer.

The big thing with it is that you cannot use two Starter Packs. If you went to a store and bought item A, then later purchase Item B which has Item A included, you have two copies of Item A in which you can use both. Since we are dealing with virtual items which you cannot have multiples of on your account, it can be seen as paying twice and only receiving one item from a legal standpoint.

-END OF LINE
I'm not arguing your logic. I'm just correcting you on the idea that "Cryptic said" you get a discount on the Legacy Pack. Cryptic has never said that. Their only statements on that situation were what I quoted above.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 17
08-20-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxloef1990 View Post
I recently wanted to purchase the legacy pack

The Legacy pack is advertised as $159 HOWEVER when i try to purchase it it comes up on paypal as 169 euros which is calculated 225 dollars i feel RIPPED OF, this is blatant false advertisment and i want to buy it for the price it was advertised with.

I can understand Tax but i am in NO way believing that there is a 40% tax! considering the taxes here is 21% this is just PADDING to Squize more money out of european customers!

EVEN if i calculate the supposed 212 dollar value of the pack back i get a 159 Euros!

GOOD GOING PERFECT WORLD RIPPING OFF CUSTOMERS YOU JUST LOST A PURCHASE

Ok erm 169 euros is about 130 dollars so add tax that's about the same where the hell did you learn how to convert lol

I buy zen sometimes and i pay less than its listed so yes before you post double check what you post

Thanks
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Career Officer
# 18
08-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Well, Cryptic is refunding my $19.99 from the original Starter Pack. They handled it rather quickly, too. So it's nice to see them handling problems quickly, at least on the Billing end.

-END OF LINE
Rihannsu
# 19
08-21-2013, 10:57 AM
iirc - Cryptic allowed you to upgrade your pre-order of starter to legacy.

As for the conversion rates - they've always been way off.
Comparing buying Zen in GBP vs Euros, I save a good 20% by going for Euros. (Subject to exchange rates) And if I could pay in dollars, I'd save significantly more. Fun, isn't it?
# 20
08-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s1701 View Post
Ok erm 169 euros is about 130 dollars so add tax that's about the same where the hell did you learn how to convert lol
The euro is worth more than the dollar, so the price in euros should appear to be cheaper than the usd equivalent.

159.99 usd ~ 119.60 euro all things being equal. Even with a 27% tax it should only come to 144.71 euro.

All things do not appear to be equal, but that PwE is price gouging it's European players. In which case I would agree with OP that it's a ripoff.