Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Rihannsu
Cryptic,

A suggestion I would like to bring forward is that lobi credits from lockboxes are bound to a person's account, rather then an individual toon. Or, that items bought from the Lobi store, are bound to the account on pickup, rather then the character.

The reason I am putting this forward, is that I have several characters, that, over time, I would like to purchase lobi items for. However, when opening lockboxes, the lobi credits are bound to the character, and any item purchased in the lobi store via the credits, are also bound to the character.

I use one character to open the lockboxes, in order to stock the lobi credits together, to see what I can purchase once opening the boxes. It is true, I could open lockboxes via each individual character, with a lobi store purchase in mind. However, for the sake of making STO more user friendly, I would highly encourage a move in this direction.
Captain
# 2
08-19-2013, 09:55 AM
+1 What he said

My Fed has all the Lobi I got from the Boxes. I bought the new Silent Enemy space set and was pissed when I could not send them to my Romulan toon.
Career Officer
# 3
08-19-2013, 02:01 PM
/Signed....this is, like, the third one I've "signed"......keep up the fight! XD

...this is similar to the rep stuff I've seen float around too....
Sound of Interstellar Space

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Lieutenant
# 4 Lobi credits account bound
08-20-2013, 11:04 AM
I too would like to sign this petition.

Doing so would only diminish the risk of using master keys.
Republic Veteran
# 5
08-20-2013, 05:56 PM
They must make lobi items bound to account but lobi crystals must be bound to character because that we have some free lobi crystals.
Captain
# 6
08-20-2013, 05:58 PM
yep, there's no in-game reason for lobi and the items to bound, since the stuff is from out-of-game lockboxes and keys
Rihannsu
# 7
08-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
yep, there's no in-game reason for lobi and the items to bound, since the stuff is from out-of-game lockboxes and keys
See the person above you.

Now, we all know there are people out there who would love to grind all the free lobi on a dozen characters and send it all to one. But for those of us that have lobi from lockboxes locked up on accound that'll never have enough to buy anything useful, I approve of the suggestion of making the free ones bind to char. and the lockbox ones Bind to account.

Of course, then you wouldn't need quite as many keys
# 8
08-21-2013, 10:18 AM
I want crystals to be sellable on the exchange.
The precesdant stands at 800 lobi ships going for 69-80 million, each crystal could hour worth 800k give or take.

I guess keys would disappear off the exchange since lobi is worth more to sell...more people may buy keys as with zen since the ec pay off would be worth more...

Is there an economics professor in the house?
Chive on and prosper

Anarchy Nexus recruitment thread

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Rihannsu
# 9
08-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
The precesdant stands at 800 lobi ships going for 69-80 million, each crystal could hour worth 800k give or take.
That always amused me - 70 mil ec.
Last time I checked Keys on the exchange, they were at 1.6 mil. i.e. Sell 43 keys to get a ship.
Roughly 35GBP. Now, try to get 800 lobi with 43 keys you'd need to average 18 lobi, which is triple the actual average.

The obvious explanation is people are trying to get other things, and just toss their spare, worthless crystals at the biggest shiny in the store.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about this - It's the only way I'm gonna get one of my characters his intended ships
# 10
08-21-2013, 12:49 PM
i sign this to