Career Officer
# 11
08-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Yes I support this thread. Even an evasive maneuvers shouldn't be able to outrun a torpedo. Only something like APO+Capacitance cell or APO+deuterium would have even a small chance to evade a torpedo.
Captain
# 12
08-20-2013, 04:49 PM
It's worth noting that sometimes (especially when you're being chased or torpedoes are fired from range/you move around a lot) the damage is applied before the visual of the torpedo actually hits you.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Empire Veteran
# 13
08-20-2013, 06:15 PM
targetable torps i would give a 50% speed increase, wile non targetable id give a 5 fold speed increase
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
targetable torps i would give a 50% speed increase, wile non targetable id give a 5 fold speed increase
They need a comparable buff or else remove the 2km lockout and make every destructible have blowback. Right now that 2km might as well be 10 in most cases.

I'd support a modest buff like you say with more ways added in game to pump the speed like the reman set bonus. Make people gear for it if they want zippy destructibles.
Commander
# 15
08-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Agreed on buffing torp speed. It may not make a huge difference with all the shield tanking going on, but it'd make for better gameplay. Plus the PvEbears probably wouldn't complain about it.
K'eg/T'lol/Dude/Yak
Career Officer
# 16
08-20-2013, 11:18 PM
I think the OP got it backwards, we should be asking for a movement nerf on ships. In particular EPtE. Fast ships are one thing but these days even non zippy ships have to fly like fighters merely to keep up with the moving battle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Empire Veteran
# 17
08-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
I think the OP got it backwards, we should be asking for a movement nerf on ships. In particular EPtE. Fast ships are one thing but these days even non zippy ships have to fly like fighters merely to keep up with the moving battle!
I agree with especially the EPtE thing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlamidiot View Post
I'd support a modest buff like you say with more ways added in game to pump the speed like the reman set bonus. Make people gear for it if they want zippy destructibles.

That is... If the Reman/Romulan set bonus really made much difference which it doesn't. They should drastically scale up its benefit considering that otherwise the Reman/Romulan sets are pretty much garbage.

I support this idea of speeding up all torps though. Non targetables should be notably faster so they can hit the facing you just dropped instead of failing entirely, in some cases, or always being so easily shoved onto a fresh shield due to having to catch the target.

Targetable torps should also get an increase but only around half again and no further.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Meh...
For further references see also this forum: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=830491&page=2