Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 1 launcher not... launching
06-06-2013, 10:20 PM
as the title suggests, i was kicked to desktop, again, whilst checking my mail. now i log and the launcher just stays on 'patch' though it's greyed out. it's been this way for more than ten minutes and it's not patching or letting me engage.

does anybody have a link to download a new launcher, or some other suggestions?

thanks in advance for your time and consideration.
Ensign
# 2
06-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonz71 View Post
as the title suggests, i was kicked to desktop, again, whilst checking my mail. now i log and the launcher just stays on 'patch' though it's greyed out. it's been this way for more than ten minutes and it's not patching or letting me engage.

does anybody have a link to download a new launcher, or some other suggestions?

thanks in advance for your time and consideration.
Have you tried to use Force Verify in the options? That should force the launcher to recheck what it has and hasn't yet, hopefully pulling you out of the loop. Or if you already have it on, turn it off.
Career Officer
# 3
06-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminms View Post
Have you tried to use Force Verify in the options? That should force the launcher to recheck what it has and hasn't yet, hopefully pulling you out of the loop. Or if you already have it on, turn it off.
thank you, i had not thought of that. sadly it did not work.

i've stopped it and started it several times... it's late and i work tomorrow. i hope it self corrects by the time i get home from work.

thanks again!!
Captain
# 4
06-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Same problem here.

Try checking "Quick Launch" in the Options of the launcher, then close it and try again it worked for me.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
06-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Same problem here.

Try checking "Quick Launch" in the Options of the launcher, then close it and try again it worked for me.
I have a simular problem, my button says Patch, but sometimes if I hit it the game launches as if the "Engage" Button was removed and only Patch stays
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Career Officer
# 6
06-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Same problem here.

this has got me past the problem and into the game,, but the underlying problem is still there. was hoping a dev or mod would respond but as of yet neither have responded to any of my tickets\threads.

Last edited by fonz71; 06-16-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
08-21-2013, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonz71 View Post
I was kicked to desktop, again, whilst checking my mail. now i log and the launcher just stays on 'patch' though it's greyed out. it's been this way for more than ten minutes and it's not patching or letting me engage.
I had this same problem just now, altho mine was after a Foundry crash, but the solution is the same, since the original poster also crashed in a similar way, albeit in a different place.

While searching the forum for a solution (and finding this post, so far unresolved) I realised Ive seen this kind of thing before. I know this is an old post, but it seems to be a common question, so in the hope of aiding future searchers, Im posting the solution below.

Remember when you've patched other software and its stopped because you still have the software running, and its asked you to close it before proceeding? Same problem. In this case, STO hasnt properly shut down after the crash and is still running in the background.

The solution: Fire up your task manager, look at the process list and find either GameClient.exe (with the Com Badge icon) or crypticError.exe (The crash logger). Make sure neither of them is active on the desktop - if they have an icon in the system tray, close them nicely, and look at the process list again.

If you cant see any sign of them in the system tray, and STO is shut down (or crashed), go ahead and kill these processes, then restart the launcher. Now that it doesnt have anything else blocking it's progress, the launcher will load as usual