Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Career Officer
# 21
05-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
In PvP it's typically the latter.

My biggest beef with the spiral wave dual proc is the nature of the dual proc itself: specifically that the phaser immunity timer prevents the disruptor breach from occurring.

Random thought: since it's a functionally different proc (it's a lower magnitude resist debuff) can the nanite disruptor breach stack with a standard disruptor breach?
Yes, I've heard that varying disruptor breaches DO stack. If it weren't for my OCD nature, I think rainbow disruptors might be the way to go.

Is it true that the phaser immunity prevents a spiral wave disruptor proc? I never noticed that. If so, that would explain then why the Sprial's disruptor proc is such a high debuff (13.5 i think), as it will functionally proc less than it is supposed to.
Career Officer
# 22
05-28-2013, 09:19 AM
I love it when people go with the "prettier" weapons instead of the more effective choice lol.
Captain
# 23
05-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martakurill View Post
Is it true that the phaser immunity prevents a spiral wave disruptor proc? I never noticed that.

The way dual weapon procs work is that if one procs, they all proc. As a result, as I understand it, if one can't be applied, none can be applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martakurill View Post
f so, that would explain then why the Sprial's disruptor proc is such a high debuff (13.5 i think), as it will functionally proc less than it is supposed to.
The debuff strength is I believe (and I'm not 100% certain of this, full disclosure) tied to the tier and quality of the weapon. Fleet disruptors have a 12.5 debuff, while non fleet disruptors of the same tier only have a 10 if memory serves.
Republic Veteran
# 24
05-28-2013, 06:18 PM
right now i run all hybrid disruptor and with the embassy plasma console that adds plasma dot to all my weapons. and all are mk xii and have acc and dmg mods, and i stack porc off the chain. My Valdore retrofit is like a fire breathing dragon.
DHC:
1 plasma
1 polarized
1 nanite

aft:
turrets
1 nanite
1 polarized
1 KCB

tac: 4x disruptor boosters mk xi rare

Last edited by mwilder; 05-28-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 25
05-29-2013, 04:40 AM
An update: decided to go back and give the Spiral Waves another shot, as something just didn't "feel" right about the Nanite Disruptors.

Then I realize where this feeling originated. Playing in a Fleet Alert, same build and layout, I found it was much easier to consistently get the Spiral waves over 2k damage a hit with the right buffs. They may not get the same kind of spike crits as the [acc]x3 Nanite Disruptors, but their basic "peak" damage is higher for me with my build. So on second thought, I will stick with my spirals.

And as cmdrscarlet pointed out more or less, they are more fun.

Thanks once more, and let's hope I don't change my mind again.
Commander
# 26
05-29-2013, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torvinecho25 View Post
The Spirals are better across the board.

Spirals have 4 modifiers, nanite disruptors have only 3.

But, more importantly...

Nanite Disruptors gain their Shield Debuff at the EXPENSE of their disruptor breech debuff; while they can still debuff damage resistance, they only debuff with about half the effectiveness of normal disruptors. So, effectively, you get two different "half-procs" with the Nanite Disruptors. Cool? Yes. Better then Spirals? Do the math.

Spirals? 4 modifiers. Nanites? 3. Spirals? 2 different procs (disruptor and phaser). Nanites? Two "half-procs".

Just my take.
Except why not use both to get all procs? That way you get -15 dmg resist proc, phaser proc, AND bleedthrough proc. They say 3 turrets is enough to keep the disruptor proc up, so probably 4 of each kind is enough to keep at least both types of disruptor up. You do reduce your phaser proc chance a bit, but oh well!
__________________________________________________ __
Pay no attention to the dates and titles under my name at the left! I am a Career Officer, Lifetime Sub since launch, was in the Beta. Having problems with my forum account.
Lieutenant
# 27
05-30-2013, 05:15 PM
You know... when you look at it, we have a lot of hybrid disruptor options:

Plasma-Disruptor Hybrids (Teal) Plasma Proc & Dis proc
Spiral Wave Disruptors (Yellow) Phaser Proc & Dis Proc
Polarized Disruptors (Green) Polaron Proc & Dis Proc
Nanite Disruptors (Green) Variable Dis Proc

If you have the galor and some EC/Dil, you can get a cruiser setup with 2 of each, all supported by Disruptor consoles.

That's like a rainbow boat with purpose, and heavy proc'ing potential!
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by framesplicerx View Post
You know... when you look at it, we have a lot of hybrid disruptor options:

Plasma-Disruptor Hybrids (Teal) Plasma Proc & Dis proc
Spiral Wave Disruptors (Yellow) Phaser Proc & Dis Proc
Polarized Disruptors (Green) Polaron Proc & Dis Proc
Nanite Disruptors (Green) Variable Dis Proc

If you have the galor and some EC/Dil, you can get a cruiser setup with 2 of each, all supported by Disruptor consoles.

That's like a rainbow boat with purpose, and heavy proc'ing potential!
I have a stack of spare weapons....might give this a go.