Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
Ok I am sure you heard about this project, the one Michael Dorn is trying to get off the launch pad. I wish him all the luck on this one. You can read more at the following links:

Hmmmmm I wonder if this would be a great Netflix series?

http://www.blastr.com/2013-8-20/mich...s-not-dead-yet

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bryan-...b_3784659.html
Captain
# 2
08-21-2013, 04:12 AM
Don't get me wrong I have nothing against Worf or Klingons, however I find that the title Star Trek: Captain Worf is suggesting it will only be centred around just Worf leaving little or no room for other character development. Of course there is going to be other character interaction, but Worf this Worf that would be over kill and like Enterprise be cancelled before it's time.
Live long and Prosper
Captain
# 3
08-21-2013, 04:20 AM
However a series centred around a Klingon ship would be good. Based around the time between Enterprise and TOS would be when the Empire was at war with the Romulans and hostile to the Feds.

On top of that internal strife and room for encountering the unknown means that there would be a wide scope for storylines.
Captain
# 4
08-21-2013, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
However a series centred around a Klingon ship would be good. Based around the time between Enterprise and TOS would be when the Empire was at war with the Romulans and hostile to the Feds.

On top of that internal strife and room for encountering the unknown means that there would be a wide scope for storylines.
Not centring around a ship or faction, BUT Klingon / Federation wide would be better. Could have a title like Star Trek: Galactic Wars. Could have episodes where one event is played out from the perspectives of both Klingon and Fed

The years between Archer and Kirk need to be covered, bit like the 20 odd so years between Luke and Leia in Star Wars being born
Live long and Prosper
Captain
# 5
08-21-2013, 05:38 AM
A new series starring Worf, eh?

Better than seeing him loitering around First City all day IMO.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Captain
# 6
08-21-2013, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
A new series starring Worf, eh?

Better than seeing him loitering around First City all day IMO.
Can't you get arrested for loitering lol
Live long and Prosper
Captain
# 7
08-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazzie View Post
Can't you get arrested for loitering lol
Apparently in First City you can stand around for years at a time and nobody will even notice...
-------------------------------------------

When I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "thank you" is all I need. Not all this "who are you and how did you get into my house" nonsense.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazzie View Post
Don't get me wrong I have nothing against Worf or Klingons, however I find that the title Star Trek: Captain Worf is suggesting it will only be centred around just Worf leaving little or no room for other character development. Of course there is going to be other character interaction, but Worf this Worf that would be over kill and like Enterprise be cancelled before it's time.
That isn't the title the show would carry, but calling it Star Trek: Ship Name doesn't exactly convey the concept.
Captain
# 9
08-21-2013, 09:39 AM
Michael Dorn is 60 years old. He would have been killed by a younger Klingon for his command a long time ago - 60 human is like 120 in Klingon years.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
08-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Michael Dorn is 60 years old. He would have been killed by a younger Klingon for his command a long time ago - 60 human is like 120 in Klingon years.
Klingons live a long time. Kor, Kang, and Koloth were all veterans from the war with the Federation a hundred years before DS9, and aside from Kor's brain going a little weird near the end, all three were still competent warriors and leaders. Kor was still successful in his last battle even if he did keep forgetting which war he was fighting.

Last edited by hevach; 08-21-2013 at 09:49 AM.