Career Officer
# 21
08-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I'll definitely pass the feedback along We're always considering ideas on how to make them even better!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
TBH a lot of the moaning is people would like them but they cost too much.

This has been stated every week they are run.

For some people yes they look nice to have, (mostly), others are meh.

For those in the nice to have lobby, is reduced by the cost... its more than lvl 1 upgrade that provides benefits for a fleet benefits far in advance of 'looks pretty.'
Republic Veteran
# 22
08-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Like any of the other optional holding projects, if it doesn't interest you, you don't have to slot it. These cosmetic options exist for fleets who wish to enhance the look of their holdings.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hi Brandon,

Its not that the projects don't interest me, alot of them look great. But there is just no way ever i will spend 200k Dil on a look pretty, even as nice as they look. You guys really need to drop the cost of these projects imo.
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarium1979 View Post
Brandon, I think part of the problem is that these are coming way to fast and the starbase and embassy have been forgotten. Small fleets can't keep up with the pace these are coming. When it was once project a month that was perfect, they were far enough apart and alternating between the base and embassy was perfect because it gave the small fleets a chance to get them all. My fleet is so small that, as cool as some of these are, we aren't even able to go inside the mine yet.
^this.

If I recall it correctly the dilithium mine was intended to HELP small fleets with their projects and finally get their holdings done. Instead, with the speed those special projects come out additionally with up to now 10(!) progression-related projects (3 regular starbase projects + 1 upgrade, 2 regular embassy-projects + 1 upgrade, 2 regular mine-projects + 1 upgrade), I feel like the devs point their fingers at us and say: "Hey, losers, we don't care how far you are, we throw out project #5 to show you how much small fleets SUCK!"

I'm actually afraid of season 8 as it will throw a FOURTH holding at us, with even more projects to feed... the grade of difficulty in fleet progress for small fleets will then increase from "steeply rising" to "impenetratable wall", resulting in a stand-still that will break our fleets' necks.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
08-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Like any of the other optional holding projects, if it doesn't interest you, you don't have to slot it. These cosmetic options exist for fleets who wish to enhance the look of their holdings.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Like on the other optional holding projects i say it again:

We are interested in those projects. Some of them looks great, but they are to expensive for the short period of two weeks. The last project is not full right now, it is very stressfull.

But all the feedback from us has been ignored by you or by Cryptic. Its a shame. Like many things in that game.

Please lower the costs or the frequence of those projects!!!! Listen to your customers or loose them.

Last edited by darthpetersen; 08-21-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-21-2013, 02:34 PM
i like all the pretties and shines as well

but 200k of dil is nutz for these things

now if it cost like say 25k dil plus other commodities, then that would be a lot more doable
Republic Veteran
# 26
08-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpetersen View Post
Like on the other optional holding projects i say it again:

We are interested in those projects. Some of them looks great, but they are to expensive for the short period of two weeks. The last project is not full right now, it is very stressfull.

But all the feedback from us has been ignored by you or by Cryptic. Its a shame. Like many things in that game.

Please lower the costs or the frequence of those projects!!!! Losten to your customers.
Never going to happen,nope,ad infinitum on listening.They're time and dil sinks for the masses,it's all about revenue if you hadn't noticed.Sure they look purdy but all that glitters isn't gold...

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Captain
# 27
08-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
I'll definitely pass the feedback along We're always considering ideas on how to make them even better!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I hope the next holding is like a Military base/colony inside the Dyson sphere - where you can build different buildings that are functional and the place useable for launching fleet actions or some other type of events for marks and stuff.

now that would be COOL!!
Rihannsu
# 28
08-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Too many projects, too fast, that need too many dil.
New home of the Romulan Republic.
I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
08-21-2013, 02:50 PM
We have this same conversation each time a new limited time project comes up.

We've had these limited time projects since starbases were released. They've always been 200k dilithium.

Without fail, small fleets complain that these cosmetic effects are too expensive, while Cryptic refuses to acknowledge there's a problem.

Once again, we're having the same exact conversation we've always had about limited time projects. This is a broken record. The feedback to reduce the dilithium costs for these limited time projects have fallen on deaf ears or have straight up been ignored. These dilithium mine 'discounts' for projects are a joke and a thinly-veiled scheme that you have to "spend dilithium to save dilithium".

This conversation will continue every time a new fleet holding is introduced. This grind is a permanent part of Star Trek Online now. Cryptic will not help small fleets out signifigantly. Small fleets will continue to suffer.

The only winning move is not to play.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
08-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
What about Small Fleets that "wish to enhance the look of their holdings?"

Maybe a Fleet size discount would be in order.

It would make the current Fl337 system more like a Fleet system.
"Zero, Zero, Zero...Destruct, Zero"