Former PWE Community Team Lead
Quote:
Foundry Challenge #8 : Back to the Past
This is the comments thread for Foundry Challenge #8 : Back to the Past.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked.

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
08-21-2013, 03:06 PM
If anyone plans to participate in this challenge, you will need to know the workaround to the Foundry's current sate of dysfunctional nonsense.

Happy 3 month anniversary, long loading screens. On the day that we discover an entirely new thing with costumes that brings loading screens of doom...
# 3
08-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
If anyone plans to participate in this challenge, you will need to know the workaround to the Foundry's current sate of dysfunctional nonsense.

Happy 3 month anniversary, long loading screens. On the day that we discover an entirely new thing with costumes that brings loading screens of doom...
The team is investigating -- I'm hoping we'll be able to track this down soon!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 4
08-21-2013, 03:10 PM
Drat, already made my time travel mission 8 months ago.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
08-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Happy 3 month anniversary, long loading screens.
It's been even longer, I noticed it on Tribble when LoR went live there and Captain Revo made a bug post that got no response.

I question the wisdom of running an editing contest when editing is in this state.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Career Officer
# 6
08-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I question the wisdom of running an editing contest when editing is in this state.
What he said, but here's to hoping for the best.
# 7
08-21-2013, 03:23 PM
As I mentioned, I'm hoping we'll be able to narrow down the slow previewing issue soon. You all know I'm very involved in the contest process and will extend dates as needed. Let's see where we are at in the next couple of weeks. I could have waited a couple weeks, but I'm okay extending the date and at least this will give time to authors to prep their story boards, scripts, mission flow, dialogue, etc.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Career Officer
# 8
08-21-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree with my author brethren, with the workaround I haven't really been having too hard of a time working in the Foundry...

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
08-21-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm in. Been wanting to do something with the Tos era mirror setting for awhile now.

I do have a few requests though....

Can we get the Tos/Mirror Tos badges working?

Maco,Omega,KHG visuals... please?
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
I'm gonna have to disagree with my author brethren, with the workaround I haven't really been having too hard of a time working in the Foundry...
I'm not saying it's impossible to make missions, that would be mis-representing the situation. It certainly is possible, after all we've all been in the Foundry building stuff. But the Foundry has not fully recovered from the damage that LoR did. A workaround is not a fix. It's patching the leak yourself with duct tape when you really need the plumber to install a new pipe. And not everyone knows about the workaround, that makes it so authors are not on an even footing. We'd all like this to be a fair contest, right?
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.